The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Video Nasties Month

Go down 
+3
Otaku4Life
Quinton Moad
NiNTdS
7 posters
AuthorMessage
NiNTdS

Video Nasties Month Empty
PostSubject: Video Nasties Month   Video Nasties Month EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 11:35 pm

So this is my First post but I have an idea for a Cinema Snob week/month.
I know Brad has reviewed most of the "major" Video Nasties but i would like him to review more.
My Dream Review List would be
1- Faces of Death (Hopefully most of it intact)
2- I Spit On Your Grave
3- Nightmare (1981 AKA Nightmares in A Damaged Brain in the UK)
4- Last House on The Left
5- Evilspeak.
Thats my dream Review list but Brad can make his own. Very Happy

Last edited by NiNTdS on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Quinton Moad

PostSubject: Re: Video Nasties Month   Video Nasties Month EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 7:50 am

Yeah dude, that would be unreal. I know he reviews "shot on shitteo" films all of the time but I think it would be awesome if he dedicated an entire week to that. Maybe he could start out with the first two, Boardinghouse from 1983 and Sledgehammer from the following year and then look at Blood Cult which was the first commercially successful shot on shitteo flick. Then look at four more lesser-known ones like Spine, Blood Lake, Gore-met Zombie Chef from Hell, and Reanimator Academy.
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: Video Nasties Month   Video Nasties Month EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 8:09 am

The Snob should also review "Killer Nerd" (it was the first "shot on shitteo" slasher film I've seen).
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Video Nasties Month   Video Nasties Month EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 4:14 pm

I feel like it would be really hard to write a review for Faces of Death...
Back to top Go down
NiNTdS

PostSubject: Re: Video Nasties Month   Video Nasties Month EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 8:56 pm

The Dude wrote:
Yeah I wouldn't blame him for not doing it also there is one Shot on Shitteo flick in the Video Nasties called The Ghastly Ones (AKA Blood Rites in the UK where i'm from) I havent seen it but all i know it is made by cult director Andy Milligan. I have the Video Nasties Definitive Guide where it shows the trailers but the trailer is pretty crappy. But hey it was the 60's
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: Video Nasties Month   Video Nasties Month EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 2:40 am

The Dude wrote:

I think it would be better if you only choose the fake-looking material and not show the graphic stock footage of death, then you would make a somewhat decent review.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Video Nasties Month   Video Nasties Month EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 3:39 am

Otaku4Life wrote:
The Dude wrote:

I think it would be better if you only choose the fake-looking material and not show the graphic stock footage of death, then you would make a somewhat decent review.
There's still the problem that it's just a clip show; it's much easier to make jokes about something that at least pretends to have a plot.
Back to top Go down
jaltesorensen

jaltesorensen

PostSubject: Re: Video Nasties Month   Video Nasties Month EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 2:26 pm

But arent most months video-nasties-month on the cinemasnob? Most of the movies he does are in that category. But it could be fun though, but a whole month without variety?
Back to top Go down
thatguyontheright1

PostSubject: Re: Video Nasties Month   Video Nasties Month EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 4:56 am

He could finally do Sleepaway Camp, which was heavily edited to be taken off the Video-Nasties list.
Back to top Go down
Mondo a Go-Go

Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: Video Nasties Month   Video Nasties Month EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 3:08 am

The thing about the Nasties is that tone and quality are all over the place. Unlike, say, Pierre Kirby where you have a common thread, the Nasties go from arty (Posession, The Beyond) to the sleazy (Don't Go in the House, Driller Killer), from classics (Tenebrae, Zombi 2) to hidden gems (Late Night Trains, Madhouse) to gonzo obscurities (Delirium, Night of the Bloody Apes) and even across genres (kind of Blaxploitation with Fight for Your Life, comedy with The Evil Dead and Flesh for Frankenstein, courtroom drama(!) with Miss You, Hugs and Kisses, and a heap of Nazisploitation). Plus, considering he's already done a decent amount of the list, a Nasties month would come off more as a hodgepodge not too unlike his regular output. Lampyman on YouTube did a fantastic series that covered each of the films (with more of an analytic focus than the Snob) if you're interested.

Sorry to be the buzz kill; I watched a Nasty a day last year so the list's near and dear to my heart, and I'd love to see the Snob do some of the forgotten, wackier entries. Frozen Scream is a hoot.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Video Nasties Month   Video Nasties Month EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 7:53 am

Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
The thing about the Nasties is that tone and quality are all over the place. Unlike, say, Pierre Kirby where you have a common thread, the Nasties go from arty (Posession, The Beyond) to the sleazy (Don't Go in the House, Driller Killer), from classics (Tenebrae, Zombi 2) to hidden gems (Late Night Trains, Madhouse) to gonzo obscurities (Delirium, Night of the Bloody Apes) and even across genres (kind of Blaxploitation with Fight for Your Life, comedy with The Evil Dead and Flesh for Frankenstein, courtroom drama(!) with Miss You, Hugs and Kisses, and a heap of Nazisploitation). Plus, considering he's already done a decent amount of the list, a Nasties month would come off more as a hodgepodge not too unlike his regular output. Lampyman on YouTube did a fantastic series that covered each of the films (with more of an analytic focus than the Snob) if you're interested.

Sorry to be the buzz kill; I watched a Nasty a day last year so the list's near and dear to my heart, and I'd love to see the Snob do some of the forgotten, wackier entries. Frozen Scream is a hoot.
Hell, some of the nasties have their tone jump all over the place within the context of one movie...because all rape films need a theme song.
Back to top Go down
NiNTdS

PostSubject: Re: Video Nasties Month   Video Nasties Month EmptyWed May 30, 2012 3:09 am

Mondo a Go-Go wrote:

I have watched all of Lampymans critiques. Anyway thanks for the suggestion anyway Smile Also the nasties are also dear to my heart with my first and favourite being Faces of Death when I watched for the first time when I was younger i was shocked and amazed at the same time. My all time favourite of the series is FOD 4 (even though it is fake,cheesy and pretty rubbish) So it dosen't matter if he dosen't review them I am happy with whatever he reviews anyway. But it is just a suggestion for Later episodes.
Thanks for your feedback Smile
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Video Nasties Month   Video Nasties Month EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 1:05 am

Huh, I guess you can do a review of Faces of Death. Shows what I know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video Nasties Month   Video Nasties Month Empty

Back to top Go down

Video Nasties Month
Page 1 of 1