The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ads on the Videos

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thecigarsnob

Thecigarsnob

Ads on the Videos Empty
PostSubject: Ads on the Videos   Ads on the Videos EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:22 am

I did a quick search and did not find any other discussion on this, but...

while i enjoy Brad's videos (as well as the rest of the crew at TGWTG.com) i have a problem with the video players and some of the ads that pop up in the middle of a video.

for example, the other night at work i was watching Hooker with a heart of gold part 4, and every 5 min i had to stop the movie to click a half screen pop up for toyota.

i wish there was a better video player to use that would not include these pop ups!!!
Back to top Go down
http://jasonknightonline.com
MagnaRyu

MagnaRyu

Ads on the Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ads on the Videos   Ads on the Videos EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:27 am

Ya the ads are annoying but they are a source of revenue for Brad which helps him keep the site going.
Back to top Go down
Thecigarsnob

Thecigarsnob

Ads on the Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ads on the Videos   Ads on the Videos EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:33 am

MagnaRyu wrote:
Ya the ads are annoying but they are a source of revenue for Brad which helps him keep the site going.

i'm all for ads that help him, don't get me wrong.

i just don't like the intrusive pop ups that take up half the screen when watching in full screen mode.

i prefer the simple 30 sec ad that plays before the video loads, that should be enough.
Back to top Go down
MagnaRyu

MagnaRyu

Ads on the Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ads on the Videos   Ads on the Videos EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:35 am

Thecigarsnob wrote:
MagnaRyu wrote:

i'm all for ads that help him, don't get me wrong.

i just don't like the intrusive pop ups that take up half the screen when watching in full screen mode.

i prefer the simple 30 sec ad that plays before the video loads, that should be enough.

Im not sure how Blip.tv works, but i know youtube partners can actually turn off those ads that pop up during the video.
Back to top Go down
Thecigarsnob

Thecigarsnob

Ads on the Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ads on the Videos   Ads on the Videos EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:42 am

while blip is fine substitute for Youtube, i'm sure there is a far better service out there (and no, i don't mean google video ... ::Shudders::: )
Back to top Go down
Cactus_Matt

Cactus_Matt

Ads on the Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ads on the Videos   Ads on the Videos EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 5:34 pm

I don't see any ads because I download all the videos and watch them on my TV via Hard Drive onto PS3. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ads on the Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ads on the Videos   Ads on the Videos Empty

Back to top Go down

Ads on the Videos
Page 1 of 1