The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Monty Python Appreciation Thread

Go down 
+3
Slait
The Original Greaser Bob
LucasChad
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LucasChad

LucasChad

Monty Python Appreciation Thread Empty
PostSubject: Monty Python Appreciation Thread   Monty Python Appreciation Thread EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 5:24 am

Because nothing's better than some british humor!

Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Monty Python Appreciation Thread   Monty Python Appreciation Thread EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 6:36 am

Back to top Go down
Slait

Slait

PostSubject: Re: Monty Python Appreciation Thread   Monty Python Appreciation Thread EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 7:04 am

Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Monty Python Appreciation Thread   Monty Python Appreciation Thread EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 7:49 am

Back to top Go down
LucasChad

LucasChad

PostSubject: Re: Monty Python Appreciation Thread   Monty Python Appreciation Thread EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 8:35 am

This is an actual music video for the song Always Look on the Bright Side of Life (from Life of Brian) which splices together classic moments from the TV show into one video. The editing was well done enough to look like a fan was doing it even though I'm pretty sure this was made to promote the Monty Python Sings album!

If you love the song as much as I do, this video is full of enjoyment!

Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Monty Python Appreciation Thread   Monty Python Appreciation Thread EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 8:37 am

I best remember Bright Side of Life from Spamalot, which I highly recommend you go see if you ever get the chance. Even if you're not a musical guy, if you like Monty Python, you'll have a good time.
Back to top Go down
LucasChad

LucasChad

PostSubject: Re: Monty Python Appreciation Thread   Monty Python Appreciation Thread EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 8:48 am

@The Dude

I saw Spamalot during my trip to NYC with my dad in 2006, and it was a jolly good time!
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Monty Python Appreciation Thread   Monty Python Appreciation Thread EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 8:54 am

LucasChad wrote:
@The Dude

I saw Spamalot during my trip to NYC with my dad in 2006, and it was a jolly good time!
Definitely up there with the best plays I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Uzigon

Uzigon

PostSubject: Re: Monty Python Appreciation Thread   Monty Python Appreciation Thread EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:34 am

I had the opportunity to see 'Spamalot' as well, it was highly entertaining and creative. Although I thought the second act was a little weaker than the first though.

Big up to some of the posted sketches, classic.
Back to top Go down
Cactus_Matt

Cactus_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Monty Python Appreciation Thread   Monty Python Appreciation Thread EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 5:51 pm

It's weird I love so many British comedies, Red Dwarf, Allo Allo, Absolutely Fabulous, One Foot In The Grave, Big Train, The Mighty Boosh, Mr. Bean, Absolute Power, Fawlty Towers, The Young Ones, Bottom, The League Of Gentlemen, Yes Minister, etc.

BUT I CAN'T STAND MONTY PYTHON.

Weird aye?
Back to top Go down
LucasChad

LucasChad

PostSubject: Re: Monty Python Appreciation Thread   Monty Python Appreciation Thread EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 9:49 pm

My all time favorite scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail!

Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Monty Python Appreciation Thread   Monty Python Appreciation Thread EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 9:51 pm

Cactus_Matt wrote:
It's weird I love so many British comedies, Red Dwarf, Allo Allo, Absolutely Fabulous, One Foot In The Grave, Big Train, The Mighty Boosh, Mr. Bean, Absolute Power, Fawlty Towers, The Young Ones, Bottom, The League Of Gentlemen, Yes Minister, etc.

Weird aye?
Did you ever see Father Ted? In my opinion, that's one of the best.
Back to top Go down
A Cockatrice

A Cockatrice

PostSubject: Re: Monty Python Appreciation Thread   Monty Python Appreciation Thread EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 1:12 am

I'm not a huge Monty Python fan, but I do enjoy there movies on occasion. Never could get into the Flying Circus. I do like John Cleese a lot though, with A Fish Called Wanda being one of my all time favorite comedy's.
Back to top Go down
Cactus_Matt

Cactus_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Monty Python Appreciation Thread   Monty Python Appreciation Thread EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 11:50 am

The Dude wrote:
Cactus_Matt wrote:

Weird aye?
Did you ever see Father Ted? In my opinion, that's one of the best.

Indeed, there's heaps more that I can't recall right now, a lot of them I have on DVD are still up at my old place.
Back to top Go down
Uzigon

Uzigon

PostSubject: Re: Monty Python Appreciation Thread   Monty Python Appreciation Thread EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 3:07 am

A Cockatrice wrote:
I'm not a huge Monty Python fan, but I do enjoy there movies on occasion. Never could get into the Flying Circus. I do like John Cleese a lot though, with A Fish Called Wanda being one of my all time favorite comedy's.

John Cleese did I really interesting and fun special for a food channel called 'Wine For the Confused' which I thought was super entertaining. You'd probably have to poke around the Internet for it, but it's definitely worth a watch. You basically start out knowing as much about wine as he does, and the documentary follows him through wine country as he seeks answers.
Back to top Go down
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: Monty Python Appreciation Thread   Monty Python Appreciation Thread EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 10:12 am

Lot of appreciation threads for a site about cinema snobs hating on exploitation movies, eh?

Monty Python's cool. I'm looking for an excuse to quote him in a review. Actually, I may have just gotten an idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.maninblack.tk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monty Python Appreciation Thread   Monty Python Appreciation Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Monty Python Appreciation Thread
Page 1 of 1