The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lustig's "Maniac" to be remade...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mondo a Go-Go

Mondo a Go-Go

Lustig's "Maniac" to be remade... Empty
PostSubject: Lustig's "Maniac" to be remade...   Lustig's "Maniac" to be remade... EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 8:06 am

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/25903

This is just sad. Maniac, aside from being really well made, is a product of it's time: the gritty NYC scenes, the general serial killer scare to come out of Son of Sam and his contemporaries, the guerrilla filmmaking... Who do you think they'll get to play Frank Zito? I think Robert Forster would be a really good choice; he's so unassuming, like Anthony Perkins in Psycho, and he's got tons of genre experience.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Lustig's "Maniac" to be remade...   Lustig's "Maniac" to be remade... EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 8:30 am

Part of me is excited they are gonna remake this movie.....and part of me is mad because they'll probably completely fuck it up....
Back to top Go down
Brakywaki

Brakywaki

PostSubject: Re: Lustig's "Maniac" to be remade...   Lustig's "Maniac" to be remade... EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 10:17 am

Starring Ron Jeremy or bust.

Seriously though...Yeah, let's remake one of the most legitimately scary movies of all time. Great. I don't usually take issue with remakes until I know more about them, but...How can you really do anything with Maniac and still make it effective?
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Lustig's "Maniac" to be remade...   Lustig's "Maniac" to be remade... EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 9:29 am

Uhh...I've complained about so many different horror remakes over the last few years...I'm worn out man...Hollywood needs to give the peanut gallery a damn break...

Last edited by The Dude on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brakywaki

Brakywaki

PostSubject: Re: Lustig's "Maniac" to be remade...   Lustig's "Maniac" to be remade... EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 9:44 am

Apparently William Lustig himself wants Tom Sizemore for the lead role. I can kinda see that. For some sick reason I'd still prefer Ron Jeremy just because, but I could actually see that. The film still probably wouldn't work, but a good actor in the role could help, and I'll be damned if Sizemore COULDN'T play a troubled individual.
Back to top Go down
Mondo a Go-Go

Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: Lustig's "Maniac" to be remade...   Lustig's "Maniac" to be remade... EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:12 pm

I haven't actually seen anything with Tom Sizemore, so I don't know how he is as an actor, but he looks the part. Maybe if they moved the action to Detroit it could work.
Back to top Go down
Brakywaki

Brakywaki

PostSubject: Re: Lustig's "Maniac" to be remade...   Lustig's "Maniac" to be remade... EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 7:10 am

Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
I haven't actually seen anything with Tom Sizemore

...How is that even possible? Just checking IMDB he's got 120 friggin' movies to his name! Oh well, I'll give ya the benefit of the doubt since it seems he'll particularly do any role you throw at him for the past decade or so...But he's definitely done characters (like his psycho cop in Natural Born Killers) that show his definite possibility to fit this role.
Back to top Go down
Mondo a Go-Go

Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: Lustig's "Maniac" to be remade...   Lustig's "Maniac" to be remade... EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 8:29 pm

Brakywaki wrote:
Mondo a Go-Go wrote:

...How is that even possible? Just checking IMDB he's got 120 friggin' movies to his name! Oh well, I'll give ya the benefit of the doubt since it seems he'll particularly do any role you throw at him for the past decade or so...But he's definitely done characters (like his psycho cop in Natural Born Killers) that show his definite possibility to fit this role.
That's true...I've only seen a clip of Saving Private Ryan, so I don't really remember characters, and I just couldn't make it into Natural Born Killers far enough to get to his character.
Back to top Go down
Brakywaki

Brakywaki

PostSubject: Re: Lustig's "Maniac" to be remade...   Lustig's "Maniac" to be remade... EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:40 pm

Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
Brakywaki wrote:
Mondo a Go-Go wrote:

That's true...I've only seen a clip of Saving Private Ryan, so I don't really remember characters, and I just couldn't make it into Natural Born Killers far enough to get to his character.

Okay, I'll give you that one. Natural Born Killers is very...polarizing. I've been watching it on and off for a decade to figure out whether or not I somewhat like it or totally hate it.
Back to top Go down
OriginalHorndog

OriginalHorndog

PostSubject: Re: Lustig's "Maniac" to be remade...   Lustig's "Maniac" to be remade... EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 7:04 am

Brakywaki wrote:
Okay, I'll give you that one. Natural Born Killers is very...polarizing. I've been watching it on and off for a decade to figure out whether or not I somewhat like it or totally hate it.

Really, fuck Oliver Stone. Except for his screenplay for Scarface, but fuck everything else.
Back to top Go down
http://horndogs1.blogspot.com
Mondo a Go-Go

Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: Lustig's "Maniac" to be remade...   Lustig's "Maniac" to be remade... EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 11:15 pm

More news: we have a Frank Zito...

Elijah Wood. Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Brakywaki

Brakywaki

PostSubject: Re: Lustig's "Maniac" to be remade...   Lustig's "Maniac" to be remade... EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 6:26 am

Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
More news: we have a Frank Zito...

Elijah Wood. Your thoughts?

I've always found him to give off a really creepy vibe whether he intends to or not...so this is interesting casting news. Still sticking behind my Ron Jeremy pick though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lustig's "Maniac" to be remade...   Lustig's "Maniac" to be remade... Empty

Back to top Go down

Lustig's "Maniac" to be remade...
Page 1 of 1