The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Guys you think should of been bigger then what they really are.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Randy Spears

Randy Spears

Guys you think should of been bigger then what they really are. Empty
PostSubject: Guys you think should of been bigger then what they really are.   Guys you think should of been bigger then what they really are. EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 6:46 am

I was watching The Expendables the other day and thought that two of the guys in the movie should of and should be bigger then what they are. But for one reason bad movies, bad manager didn't or hasn’t become a huge star.

In the '80s I always thought Dolph Lundgren was going to be a huge star. He had the look, he could act and unlike Van Damme and Schwarzenegger, the accent never got in the way.

In present day I think Terry Crews should be bigger then what he is. Like Lundgren he has the look. He can act and from watching some of his movies and Everybody Hates Chris, he has a lot of comedic timing. So why isn’t he doing cheesy action movies where we beats, kills everyone up to one liners?

Can anyone think of another?
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: Guys you think should of been bigger then what they really are.   Guys you think should of been bigger then what they really are. EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 7:02 am

I definitely agree about Terry Crews. I was actually gonna come in the thread and say Terry Crews, too.
Back to top Go down
Mondo a Go-Go

Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: Guys you think should of been bigger then what they really are.   Guys you think should of been bigger then what they really are. EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 7:19 am

Catriona MacColl. She's a lovely person, a fantastic actress, and she's done quite a bit, but she's never become huge, especially in the US. Caroline Munro is another one who was big for a time, but never quite broke into the mainstream.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Guys you think should of been bigger then what they really are.   Guys you think should of been bigger then what they really are. EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 11:41 am

This might sound weird, but I always thought Paul Hogan and Yahoo Serious would both be bigger stars then they wound up being due to the receptions they received in the movies they were in.
Back to top Go down
Vendaval FJ

Vendaval FJ

PostSubject: Re: Guys you think should of been bigger then what they really are.   Guys you think should of been bigger then what they really are. EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:25 am

Reb Brown.
Not a word of a lie here, I genuinely wish he went further. Sure, Italian B-movies are nice but I absolutley hate his appearance in Death of a Soldier; the title of that film made me think it was going to be something serious, instead it just ends up being unenjoyably bad. Also, none of his other action movies appear to be as brilliant as his outings with Mattei. A shame, I also think the guy wasn't *that* bad of an actor, certainly better than Schwarzenegger and possibly even a bit better than Stallone in some instances (in fact, Hercules in New York should have been an Italian film with him as Hercules rather than Arnie, with Luciano Pugozzi playing Zeus, it could have been in the same vein as Bud Spence and Terence Hill flick).

Richard Harrison.
Seems to be remembered for his films with Godfrey Ho, I have to feel sorry for him for this, along with his work done in the Philippines. He really should have stayed in Italy, because before going to East Asia he had a fairly respectable career that seemed to go straight down the pan with his numerous appearances alongside drug smugglers and layabouts.

Michael Sopkiw
Another short-run American star of Italian cinema, Sopkiw did a grand total of four movies before leaving the film scene when he probably could have done more. Good looks, some decent acting chops for someone who wasn't an actor and the ability to do screen fights well, it's a good thing all four of his movies are memorable.
Back to top Go down
http://forgottenjunk.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guys you think should of been bigger then what they really are.   Guys you think should of been bigger then what they really are. Empty

Back to top Go down

Guys you think should of been bigger then what they really are.
Page 1 of 1