The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

All about Spoony

Go down 
+32
Dyson sphere
obin_gam
fasterwhatever
Benjamin-J
Angie Matera
AssimanDHI
Son Of Jack Deth
Entertainer13
Mondo a Go-Go
gregmcduck
Frank Rizzo
Conan the Librarian
The Man in Black
Admin
Eckertmania
yakityyakblah
THOOM
ermac
MagnaRyu
A Cockatrice
TobyMobias
Salim
Slait
DarthThought
Tobbii
guudermann
Loxx O)))
JustinDP
Cactus_Matt
LucasChad
DonGrif
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Salim

Salim

All about Spoony - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   All about Spoony - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 2:13 am

A Cockatrice wrote:
Loxx O))) wrote:
He puts out more content? I swear he's been lacking the last few months. I seem to recall going to his site and there was nothing new at all posted for about a month.

I get that impression a lot. Spoony seems to get something out every 2 weeks. Does he have a job or something? Because Brad can pump reviews out like crazy, and yet Spoony is always saying that he is busy.

Busy selling his photograph for 5.00$ and acting like a pillock on his forums.
Back to top Go down
MagnaRyu

MagnaRyu

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   All about Spoony - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:18 am

Salim wrote:
A Cockatrice wrote:
Loxx O))) wrote:
He puts out more content? I swear he's been lacking the last few months. I seem to recall going to his site and there was nothing new at all posted for about a month.

I get that impression a lot. Spoony seems to get something out every 2 weeks. Does he have a job or something? Because Brad can pump reviews out like crazy, and yet Spoony is always saying that he is busy.

I get the sense you hate spoony. am i correct? And no i'm not one of those Rabid Spoony Fans that will bite your head off just because you don't like him.
Back to top Go down
ermac

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   All about Spoony - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:23 am

I don't think he hates Spoony per se, I think he doesn't like the way he behaves on the Internet.
Back to top Go down
MagnaRyu

MagnaRyu

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   All about Spoony - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:30 am

ermac wrote:
I don't think he hates Spoony per se, I think he doesn't like the way he behaves on the Internet.

Well see that's the thing the internet has become, the place where people act like assholes
Back to top Go down
ermac

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   All about Spoony - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:40 am

Its a silly place, the Internet....
Back to top Go down
MagnaRyu

MagnaRyu

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   All about Spoony - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:43 am

ermac wrote:
Its a silly place, the Internet....

yes it is. i mean even i have been an asshole on the internet at least once LOL
Back to top Go down
ermac

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   All about Spoony - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:46 am

Well, since we are all safe and sound behind our keyboards, we can pretty much do or say what we want and how we want. That's what gives them nutty teens the ability to say shit to grown ups and cuss them up a storm, while in reality they would never dare to, or if they did, they would proceed to have the smackdown layed upon their candy asses(to borrow a line from The Great One). So yeah, the Internet, blessing and curse, but as long as you don't give much meaning to the stupidity that goes on on the web, you are safe or at least less annoyed.
Back to top Go down
MagnaRyu

MagnaRyu

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   All about Spoony - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 6:27 am

ermac wrote:
Well, since we are all safe and sound behind our keyboards, we can pretty much do or say what we want and how we want. That's what gives them nutty teens the ability to say shit to grown ups and cuss them up a storm, while in reality they would never dare to, or if they did, they would proceed to have the smackdown layed upon their candy asses(to borrow a line from The Great One). So yeah, the Internet, blessing and curse, but as long as you don't give much meaning to the stupidity that goes on on the web, you are safe or at least less annoyed.

Well put
Back to top Go down
yakityyakblah

yakityyakblah

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   All about Spoony - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 10:52 am

See Brad manages to release reviews even with food poisoning! Spoony, the bar has been raised.
Back to top Go down
A Cockatrice

A Cockatrice

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   All about Spoony - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 11:33 am

Don't get me wrong, I like Spoony's reviews. It just feels like he slacks off. But then again I don't know the guy, his reviews might just take more time to get out then Brad's.
Back to top Go down
ermac

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   All about Spoony - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 3:45 pm

yakityyakblah wrote:
See Brad manages to release reviews even with food poisoning! Spoony, the bar has been raised.
I think they're even since Spoony did his E.T. review when he was high on meds.
Back to top Go down
Salim

Salim

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   All about Spoony - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 4:02 pm

MagnaRyu wrote:
Salim wrote:
A Cockatrice wrote:
Loxx O))) wrote:

I get the sense you hate spoony. am i correct? And no i'm not one of those Rabid Spoony Fans that will bite your head off just because you don't like him.

I don't hate him personally, hell i would say he is a really funny guy sometimes. No the real reason spoony frustrates me to no end is because of how he has taken a nosedive in quality IMO. Wasted potential bugs me more than just being plain old unfunny ever could.

ermac wrote:
I don't think She hates Spoony per se, I think She doesn't like the way he behaves on the Internet.

Fixed lol Wink
Back to top Go down
ermac

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   All about Spoony - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 4:12 pm

lol, sorry Smile It's just I've always known Salim to be a male sort of name. My apologies, fair lady Very Happy

I actually really liked Spoony's style in the begining, as he was more on the MST3K side of things rather OMFG TIHS SHIT FUKEN SUXORZ! *NERD RAGE*
Back to top Go down
Salim

Salim

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   All about Spoony - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 7:08 pm

ermac wrote:
lol, sorry Smile It's just I've always known Salim to be a male sort of name. My apologies, fair lady Very Happy

I actually really liked Spoony's style in the begining, as he was more on the MST3K side of things rather OMFG TIHS SHIT FUKEN SUXORZ! *NERD RAGE*

qft. And its okay Salim is more often a male name than a female one like Ryan.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   All about Spoony - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:15 am

Okay, always keep in mind that Noah is my friend; and it's ok to offer up criticism on anyone, but no calling people nazis, like a few pages back.
Back to top Go down
https://thecinemasnob.forumotion.com
ermac

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   All about Spoony - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 1:03 am

I think that word was used to describe the state of his forums, which I do have to say isn't as liberal as yours is, so kudos for being so open-minded.

BTW Just saw Spoony's Ultima 7 review, and I'm glad to say, that it was just that. A review with just a little story added in the end to keep things going. Good one Spoony. I enjoyed this one.
Back to top Go down
yakityyakblah

yakityyakblah

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   All about Spoony - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 1:06 am

You're looking hot in that wig. Razz
Back to top Go down
yakityyakblah

yakityyakblah

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   All about Spoony - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 1:17 am

http://spoonyexperiment.com/2011/02/02/upcoming-reviews-for-2011-its-brown-history-month/

Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2 Game) – The eternal struggle continues as Yuna renounces her summoner’s robes and takes up the mantle of…pop star? It’s for all the fans of Final Fantasy X who thought there just wasn’t enough fanservice.

So... happy
Back to top Go down
ermac

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   All about Spoony - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 1:37 am

He's got some pretty cool things lined up. Looking forward to seeing them.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   All about Spoony - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 2:36 am

Did someone call him a nazi? I don't recall this, nor could I find it looking back through the thread. Douchey, I did see.

Anyway, I'll go check out that Ultima video. I was enjoying that series he was/is doing.
Back to top Go down
Salim

Salim

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   All about Spoony - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:12 am

Loxx O))) wrote:
Did someone call him a nazi? I don't recall this, nor could I find it looking back through the thread. Douchey, I did see.

Anyway, I'll go check out that Ultima video. I was enjoying that series he was/is doing.

Brad ( I think it is Brad right?) Your pretty chill for being this non constrictive on criticism, reminds me why you're my favorite CA guy.

Anyway, no I said (perhaps out of turn) that his board was "Nazi" like.

Which is untrue, they just prevent you from speaking your mind. Although that ultima vid was a step in the right direction

Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   All about Spoony - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 12:55 am

Finally got around to watching that Ultima video today. Was good, glad to see it was a longer episode. I also really like whenever he does the Warrior bits.
Back to top Go down
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   All about Spoony - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:48 am

Salim wrote:

I don't hate him personally, hell i would say he is a really funny guy sometimes. No the real reason spoony frustrates me to no end is because of how he has taken a nosedive in quality IMO. Wasted potential bugs me more than just being plain old unfunny ever could.

ermac wrote:
I don't think She hates Spoony per se, I think She doesn't like the way he behaves on the Internet.

Fixed lol Wink
Nosedive in quality or just some really good early reviews that would be hard to top? Because honestly, his what, 11 part FFVIII review is not something most shows with heavy budgets and multi-person writing teams would be able to beat, so it's perfectly reasonable I think that he can't consistently produce that.

I do think his Highlander reviews (as somebody who has never seen a Highlander film) are some of the best reviews I've seen and that despite my personal enjoyment of FFX, his review had me dying more often than not.
Back to top Go down
http://www.maninblack.tk
yakityyakblah

yakityyakblah

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   All about Spoony - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:57 pm

So criticism aside, it seems Spoony is going through some personal trouble. Here's hoping he gets through it, and hell sometimes you end up better than you started in these situations. So yeah, figured I'd just mention the gorilla in the room.
Back to top Go down
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   All about Spoony - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 11:01 pm

Is he still? I thought it was mostly over, other than medical restrictions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.maninblack.tk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All about Spoony   All about Spoony - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

All about Spoony
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next