The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I hate to be the bringer of bad news for the people here with PS3s, but...

Go down 
+3
barrylikesbnbns
Frank Rizzo
Eckertmania
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Eckertmania

Eckertmania

I hate to be the bringer of bad news for the people here with PS3s, but... Empty
PostSubject: I hate to be the bringer of bad news for the people here with PS3s, but...   I hate to be the bringer of bad news for the people here with PS3s, but... EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 4:08 am

Back to top Go down
http://asliceomind.wordpress.com/
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

I hate to be the bringer of bad news for the people here with PS3s, but... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I hate to be the bringer of bad news for the people here with PS3s, but...   I hate to be the bringer of bad news for the people here with PS3s, but... EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 4:19 am

Kinda makes me glad I chose XBox360.
Back to top Go down
barrylikesbnbns

barrylikesbnbns

PostSubject: Re: I hate to be the bringer of bad news for the people here with PS3s, but...   I hate to be the bringer of bad news for the people here with PS3s, but... EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 5:29 am

Eckertmania wrote:
You should really read this link: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/04/sony-admits-utter-psn-failure-your-personal-data-has-been-stolen.ars

Yeah...

I have a PS3 and I read into it. They don't have my 3 pin security code. I think that's clearly labelled in the Kotaku page, with a verifiable source.

I'm not worried too much, and I only have like 5 games for it, of which I never play. My video-game-deity is Dwarf Fortress.

EDIT:

http://kotaku.com/#!5795913/sony-comes-clean-playstation-network-hackers-have-stolen-personal-data wrote:
"If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, out of an abundance of caution we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained," Seybold continues.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: I hate to be the bringer of bad news for the people here with PS3s, but...   I hate to be the bringer of bad news for the people here with PS3s, but... EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 6:16 am

God damn it. This really annoys me because I bought a Playstation 3 and it was used occasionally for about 2 months, and has just been a DVD/Blu-Ray Player since, and all my other games have been Xbox. But my brothers did make buy a game off PSN a little over a year ago, so I suppose there's still a chance the number could be stolen for something any of us hardly ever used.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: I hate to be the bringer of bad news for the people here with PS3s, but...   I hate to be the bringer of bad news for the people here with PS3s, but... EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 6:33 am

Bah, why me... and 10 million other people?
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: I hate to be the bringer of bad news for the people here with PS3s, but...   I hate to be the bringer of bad news for the people here with PS3s, but... EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 6:56 am

It really sucks that whatever group did this, for whatever grievance they had against the PSN, has to ruin things for everyone.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: I hate to be the bringer of bad news for the people here with PS3s, but...   I hate to be the bringer of bad news for the people here with PS3s, but... EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 9:47 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
It really sucks that whatever group did this, for whatever grievance they had against the PSN, has to ruin things for everyone.
I'm going to assume it was a for-profit plot, rather than some kind of brand loyalty-based vendetta against Sony.
Back to top Go down
ganthore

ganthore

PostSubject: Re: I hate to be the bringer of bad news for the people here with PS3s, but...   I hate to be the bringer of bad news for the people here with PS3s, but... EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 7:24 am

There is no "maybe" got stolen regarding CC info. My card info was stolen. I've never forgiven Sony for it and I've had to seriously re-think where I post that information.

The real kick to the balls was when they snuck in the "If you install this new firmware, you can't sue us" clause that is found in their new license agreement that came out once the PSN was finally back up.

Needless to say, I never upgraded my firmware.
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverdire.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I hate to be the bringer of bad news for the people here with PS3s, but...   I hate to be the bringer of bad news for the people here with PS3s, but... Empty

Back to top Go down

I hate to be the bringer of bad news for the people here with PS3s, but...
Page 1 of 1