The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3

Go down 
+6
The Original Greaser Bob
Son Of Jack Deth
relauby
Tommy Wiseau
Mondo a Go-Go
Frank Rizzo
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3 Empty
PostSubject: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 11:38 pm

Well folks, two rounds done, and we have some interesting developments

we had two ties in the second round. That's right, two ties! Avatar Vs Jason Goes to Hell and After Last Season Vs Anus Magillicutty got equal votes, so to make things interesting, all four of those movies will get into this round, so we now have an even 8 left. To make sure we don't get anymore ties though, I have changed the seedings around. Now here are the matchups:

1. Juno
2. Avatar

3. Jason Goes to Hell
4. From Justin to Kelly

5. After Last Season
6. Lady in the Water

7. Birdemic
8. Anus Magillicutty

Voting ends next Saturday, so get to voting chaps!
Back to top Go down
Mondo a Go-Go

Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 11:57 pm

2. Avatar

3. Jason Goes to Hell

5. After Last Season

7. Birdemic
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 12:43 am

2. Avatar

4. From Justin to Kelly

5. After Last Season

8. Anus Magillicutty
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 1:09 am

1. Juno

3. Jason Goes to Hell

6. Lady in the Water

7. Birdemic

I gotta say, I'm impressed Lady in the Water managed to make it this far, considering some of the other movies in there.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 1:13 am

2. Avatar

3. Jason Goes to Hell

5. After Last Season

7. Birdemic
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 4:16 am

1. Juno

3. Jason Goes to Hell

6. Lady in the Water

8. Anus Magillicutty
Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

Location : I live in my namesake, of course!.. Okay, in real life - Japan.

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 6:35 am

1. Juno

3. Jason Goes to Hell

6. Lady in the Water

8. Anus Magillicutty

Number 8 was so fucking tough, but if it came down to it, I'd rather watch Birdemic thrice, "A Clockwork Orange" style than sit through Anus Magillicutty again.. that's fucking saying a lot.
Back to top Go down
Candyman

Candyman

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 12:58 pm

1. Juno

3. Jason Goes to Hell

6. Lady in the Water

8. Anus Magillicutty
Back to top Go down
obin_gam

obin_gam

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:49 pm

2. Avatar

3. Jason Goes to Hell

6. Lady in the Water

7. Birdemic
Back to top Go down
Second Hand Store

Second Hand Store

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:25 am

I must admit, I'm perplexed why Avatar and Juno are on this list. I actually really liked Juno, but I can see why some people may not dig, but how can it be an Ultimate Bad Movie? Disappointing, stupid, pretentious, I could see these descriptors being applicable, but one of the worst movies ever?

As far as Avatar goes, I think this is one of those things where it gets so hyped and highly reviewed, that some people automatically join the dissenting side to be counter-culture. It's really not that bad people. It's very derivative, cliche, and by the numbers, but that just makes it very mundane. It is visually impressive. I put it in the same category as Wizard of Oz, which I hate. Critics love them and they were technically ground-breaking for their time, but I don't like either of them.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:43 am

Perhaps the title is misleading... but a lot of people put in their least favourite movies, as opposed to the worst they've ever seen. It's a mix of most hated, and worst.
Back to top Go down
Second Hand Store

Second Hand Store

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:45 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Perhaps the title is misleading... but a lot of people put in their least favourite movies, as opposed to the worst they've ever seen. It's a mix of most hated, and worst.

That makes sense then. I really do HATE The WIzard of Oz, and the rest of the world loves it.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:50 am

SumatranRatMonkey wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:

That makes sense then. I really do HATE The WIzard of Oz, and the rest of the world loves it.

Not me. I never could figure out why that film is so beloved. There are elements I like, but over all the film is just, well, weird. I did however really enjoy "The Wiz". I must need help.

I agree with Tommy. From the beginning I don't think this was clearly defined, so I just went with it. Films like Avatar and Juno are not the worst ever film especially when compared with the likes of The Room or Birdemic (which I think was made that way on purpose). But then again, I added Twilight to the list and can't believe it didn't make it further. That film doesn't have a single redeeming quality, but there you go. Perhaps others just felt it was too well made to last the list.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 6:39 am

Son Of Jack Deth wrote:
SumatranRatMonkey wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:

Not me. I never could figure out why that film is so beloved. There are elements I like, but over all the film is just, well, weird. I did however really enjoy "The Wiz". I must need help.

I agree with Tommy. From the beginning I don't think this was clearly defined, so I just went with it. Films like Avatar and Juno are not the worst ever film especially when compared with the likes of The Room or Birdemic (which I think was made that way on purpose). But then again, I added Twilight to the list and can't believe it didn't make it further. That film doesn't have a single redeeming quality, but there you go. Perhaps others just felt it was too well made to last the list.

I just checked the round 2 thread, and Twilight was matched up against Birdemic. I don't think it had much chance there.

Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 11:39 pm

SumatranRatMonkey wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:

I nominated Juno. I pretty much had to, because it was the most pissed off I can ever remember being in a movie theater.
Back to top Go down
Second Hand Store

Second Hand Store

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 12:29 am

The Dude wrote:
SumatranRatMonkey wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:

I nominated Juno. I pretty much had to, because it was the most pissed off I can ever remember being in a movie theater.
I think just off the top of my head the most pissed of I ever was, in a theater, was the third Matrix movie. I'll have to nominate that if we do another one of these.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 9:01 am

SumatranRatMonkey wrote:
The Dude wrote:
SumatranRatMonkey wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:

I think just off the top of my head the most pissed of I ever was, in a theater, was the third Matrix movie. I'll have to nominate that if we do another one of these.
Didn't see that one. probably never will.
Back to top Go down
Second Hand Store

Second Hand Store

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 9:11 am

The Dude wrote:
SumatranRatMonkey wrote:
The Dude wrote:
SumatranRatMonkey wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:

Didn't see that one. probably never will.

I do my best to ignore the second and third Matrix, similar to how I treat the Star Wars prequels, Highlander 2, and Beyond Thunderdome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Round 3
Page 1 of 1