The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.

Go down 
+8
relauby
Thecigarsnob
yakityyakblah
Tommy Wiseau
The Original Greaser Bob
barrylikesbnbns
gregmcduck
bjohn268
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bjohn268

Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.  Empty
PostSubject: Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.    Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.  EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 11:29 pm

Back to top Go down
gregmcduck

gregmcduck

PostSubject: Re: Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.    Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.  EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 11:54 pm

Ok, seriously man, this is borderline spamming
Back to top Go down
barrylikesbnbns

barrylikesbnbns

PostSubject: Re: Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.    Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.  EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 12:15 am

gregmcduck wrote:

As long as they are somewhat interesting, and people are willing to discuss them, I don't see an issue.

And they are pretty damn interesting.

After having her tail split in two by the evil sea witch's potion, the mermaid goes upon land and proceeds to bleed absolutely everywhere.
The prince, finding this delightfully amusing, commands her to dance for him while she grins and bears the excruciating pain.

Ohmygodwhatthehell
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.    Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.  EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 3:01 am

I concur with gregmcduck, this shit is just annoying.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.    Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.  EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 3:04 am

I wouldn't mind if all these lists were in one thread.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.    Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.  EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 3:06 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
I wouldn't mind if all these lists were in one thread.
Instead, they just clutter up the place.
Back to top Go down
yakityyakblah

yakityyakblah

PostSubject: Re: Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.    Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.  EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 5:41 am

If you can sum up the entirety of all your threads as "Cracked is pretty cool guys" you're doing something wrong.

Furthermore, he's not even adding some comment to these threads, he's just linking to Cracked articles. I can go to Cracked on my own, I do all the time.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.    Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.  EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 5:53 am

yakityyakblah wrote:
If you can sum up the entirety of all your threads as "Cracked is pretty cool guys" you're doing something wrong.

Furthermore, he's not even adding some comment to these threads, he's just linking to Cracked articles. I can go to Cracked on my own, I do all the time.
Do you suppose there's just a troll at foot?
Back to top Go down
Thecigarsnob

Thecigarsnob

PostSubject: Re: Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.    Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.  EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 5:56 am

plus it would be better if he posted these in the off topic area, as this forum is mostly about movies that the snob has/or needs to review.
Back to top Go down
http://jasonknightonline.com
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.    Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.  EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:00 am

gregmcduck wrote:

Borderline? I thought it was spamming when I saw 3 in one forum right next to each other, all posted at the same time. How many are we up to now? Around 8? I agree that they should just be put in one thread.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.    Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.  EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:54 am

Meh, *if* this is spamming, it's at least somewhat entertaining and informative spamming.

But yeah, as someone else suggested, this would work best if they were all confined to one thread.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.    Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.  EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 9:10 am

I wouldn't call repeatedly creating threads that are just linked to cracked lists informative. Most of them aren't even recent lists.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.    Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.  EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 9:48 am

I guess since I'm an admitted fan of "top 10 lists", I sometimes find them to be informative is all.
Back to top Go down
yakityyakblah

yakityyakblah

PostSubject: Re: Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.    Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.  EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 10:37 am

The Dude wrote:
yakityyakblah wrote:

I'd rather that be the last thing we jump to in cases like this. Let's start with well meaning message board novice.

We do officially have our first legitimate reason to have a mod though, assuming this sort of thing becomes a regular occurrence.
Back to top Go down
yakityyakblah

yakityyakblah

PostSubject: Re: Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.    Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.  EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 10:38 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
I guess since I'm an admitted fan of "top 10 lists", I sometimes find them to be informative is all.

Cracked is a great example of that, but this many threads all at once, it's bad form.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.    Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.  EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 4:59 pm

Perhaps we should let him reply first before we start to make conclusions.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.    Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.  EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:39 pm

yakityyakblah wrote:
The Dude wrote:
yakityyakblah wrote:

I'd rather that be the last thing we jump to in cases like this. Let's start with well meaning message board novice.

We do officially have our first legitimate reason to have a mod though, assuming this sort of thing becomes a regular occurrence.

Yeah, at this point, I think we have enough posters to appoint 1-2 mods alongside Brad, maybe a third one.
Back to top Go down
Thecigarsnob

Thecigarsnob

PostSubject: Re: Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.    Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.  EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 7:37 pm

Frank Rizzo wrote:
yakityyakblah wrote:
The Dude wrote:
yakityyakblah wrote:

Yeah, at this point, I think we have enough posters to appoint 1-2 mods alongside Brad, maybe a third one.

i agree, Brad will need to add some mods to watch over for spam posts that get out of control.

but i must stress that only brad should be the one to use the banhammer, i've been wrongfully banned from Colonyofgamers.com just for being someone that they didn't like.
Back to top Go down
http://jasonknightonline.com
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.    Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.  EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 7:45 pm

Granted, whomever gets appointed as mod shouldn't be quick to drop the banhammer on anymore they think may be up to no good, but at the same time, they'd have to keep a good eye on things when Brad isn't signed on, know what I mean?
Back to top Go down
obin_gam

obin_gam

PostSubject: Re: Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.    Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.  EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 8:48 pm

wheres the mods? someone ban him already!
Back to top Go down
barrylikesbnbns

barrylikesbnbns

PostSubject: Re: Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.    Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.  EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 8:53 pm

Frank Rizzo wrote:
Granted, whomever gets appointed as mod shouldn't be quick to drop the banhammer on anymore they think may be up to no good, but at the same time, they'd have to keep a good eye on things when Brad isn't signed on, know what I mean?

Personally, although I don't mind the 'spam', I can completely understand why you guys can see it as an issue. One day, spam may get out of control, or a few trolls may show up.

A mod would be a sensible, preventative addition.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.    Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.  EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 9:01 pm

The reason why there's been no mods appointed was that, up till now, this forum has:

a) Not really had any posters who were doing anything that could be considered spamming or trolling

b) Was still growing in numbers

Now that we have almost 300 members though, the time seems right to get a 1-3 mods appointed.
Back to top Go down
yakityyakblah

yakityyakblah

PostSubject: Re: Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.    Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.  EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 11:02 pm

Community appointed mods aren't a problem in of themselves. You just had a bad experience with one. This community already has a laid back view on moderation, so I don't think we have much to worry about as far as power hungry mods. I actually mod the 1up.com forums if you want to see how I moderate, which is pretty much using banning as the very last resort. In a case like this I would have just deleted all but one of the threads, renamed it, and asked them to stick to that thread.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.    Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.  EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 12:16 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Perhaps we should let him reply first before we start to make conclusions.
I don't know if he will respond. Is there a Cracked article that pertains to the situation?
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.    Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.  EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 12:45 am

I have a feeling this situation will correct itself. First just don't click on the links-they will have no traffic from here and that will be incentive enough for him to stop.

These are spam, and if the links were simply removed by a mod, no banning would have to occur, because again I believe he would just go away.

Last edited by Son Of Jack Deth on Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.    Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Seven Classic Disney Movies Based On R-Rated Stories.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next