The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise…

Go down 
+16
boxedlunch
thatguyontheright1
MAJORASMASKFAN
Loxx O)))
relauby
IAKO
Eckertmania
Tommy Wiseau
barrylikesbnbns
Paul Atreides
UnknownKadath
The Original Greaser Bob
Frank Rizzo
Son Of Jack Deth
bjohn268
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

Location : I live in my namesake, of course!.. Okay, in real life - Japan.

If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise… - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise…   If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise… - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 6:29 pm

The Dude wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:
Bring back the original "Pro Skater" series - accessible and fun.
With unlockable bonus characters, please.

I remember unlocking the Doom Guy in #3 (Or was it 4?) and as a massive Doom geek, I smiled watching the Doomguy take a break from shoving his space boots up demons arses to do a few kick flips. Didn't one of them also have Spider-Man and Darth Maul?

Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise…   If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise… - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 9:21 pm

UnknownKadath wrote:
I know they are still making Tony Hawk games, but they just aren't the same. I'm honestly not a fan of Skating (Well, I almost was. Until I broke 3 ribs.) or skating games for that matter, yet I felt that Pro Skater was accessible and a ton of fun. The more recent Tony Hawk games suck, and Skate is a bit too complicated for my non-skater brain. Bring back the original "Pro Skater" series - accessible and fun.

I couldn't agree more. I remember loving those games as a kid, and the new games are really disappointing. I don't really like how much shit they added in, with all the different types of games, having to get off your skateboard, using a bicycle, etc. I liked the more simple skating games.

[quote="UnknownKadath"][quote="The Dude"]
UnknownKadath wrote:
I remember unlocking the Doom Guy in #3 (Or was it 4?) and as a massive Doom geek, I smiled watching the Doomguy take a break from shoving his space boots up demons arses to do a few kick flips. Didn't one of them also have Spider-Man and Darth Maul?

According to Wikipedia, Spider-Man was in #2 and Darth Maul was in #3. There's a full list here. It seems like they're still using guest characters, but they've phased out the goofier characters for just celebrities. Lame.
Back to top Go down

▲

PostSubject: Re: If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise…   If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise… - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 5:26 am

UnknownKadath wrote:
Skate is a bit too complicated for my non-skater brain.
Skate is fucking hilarious

WATCH THE WHOLE VIDEO
Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise…   If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise… - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 6:45 am

▲ wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:
Skate is a bit too complicated for my non-skater brain.
Skate is fucking hilarious

WATCH THE WHOLE VIDEO

Oh god that was indeed fucking hilarious, thanks for that. Laughing I think my favourites were the fat guy cannonballing around, the skater who is defeated by a water bottle, the skater who slam dunks his board then falls to his doom, the skater who is grabbed off his board by an old lady, and the skater eternally bumping his head into a wall x3

I just don't feel the games themselves are very accessible due to that arsehole control scheme.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

PostSubject: Re: If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise…   If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise… - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 6:51 am

MetalStorm would be sweet. I love that game. Although, I'm sure it would be too difficult for me to play on a modern console.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise…   If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise… - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 7:15 am

Huh, i didn't even know Doom Guy was in Pro Skater 3. What the hell?
Back to top Go down
barrylikesbnbns

barrylikesbnbns

PostSubject: Re: If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise…   If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise… - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 2:04 pm

The Dude wrote:

THPS has always had novelty characters. You can get Jango or Bobba Fett in THPS4.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise…   If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise… - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 1:55 am

barrylikesbnbns wrote:
The Dude wrote:

THPS has always had novelty characters. You can get Jango or Bobba Fett in THPS4.
I know; I'm the one who brought it up in conversation. I just didn't know Doom Guy was unlockable.
Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise…   If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise… - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 4:26 am

The Dude wrote:
barrylikesbnbns wrote:
The Dude wrote:

I know; I'm the one who brought it up in conversation. I just didn't know Doom Guy was unlockable.

Yeah the Doom Guy was in Pro Skater 3; though I do need to be a bit more specific, he was only in the PC version and I'm sure the PC version was less popular since it was a port and good gamepads were rarer then so unless you had the PC version, he wouldn't have shown up in your copy.

Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise…   If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise… - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 6:47 am

UnknownKadath wrote:
The Dude wrote:
barrylikesbnbns wrote:
The Dude wrote:

Yeah the Doom Guy was in Pro Skater 3; though I do need to be a bit more specific, he was only in the PC version and I'm sure the PC version was less popular since it was a port and good gamepads were rarer then so unless you had the PC version, he wouldn't have shown up in your copy.

That would explain it: I've never played a Tony Hawk game on the PC.
Back to top Go down
Eckertmania

Eckertmania

PostSubject: Re: If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise…   If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise… - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 12:14 am

You guys remember when I brought up Streets of Rage? Yeah, you're welcome: http://www.bombergames.net/sorr_project/
Back to top Go down
http://asliceomind.wordpress.com/
barrylikesbnbns

barrylikesbnbns

PostSubject: Re: If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise…   If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise… - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 12:17 am

Eckertmania wrote:
You guys remember when I brought up Streets of Rage? Yeah, you're welcome: http://www.bombergames.net/sorr_project/

I saw this on another forum yesterday, and yes, it is as good as it sounds.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise…   If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise… - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 3:13 am

93 Story-Mode stages? Jesus Christ.
Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise…   If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise… - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 7:34 pm

Here's another series I'd like to see come back
If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise… - Page 2 1396504-c642front_large/If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise… - Page 2 1-dott-poster
(I would've just used the Maniac Mansion poster, but I know a lot of people who know of Day of the Tentacle but didn't play Maniac Mansion, and see DotT as its own franchise when mentioning the idea of sequels)

I just barely got around to playing Telltale's "Tales from Monkey Island" series, and enjoyed it - so that combined with the fact that their Sam & Max series is fucking ace, I would love to see Telltale bring back the Maniac Mansion series. I do hope they kind of keep the Multiple Kid thing though, that still kind of feels unique even after all these years; especially the way it was handled in Day of the Tentacle even if it was a little repetitive flushing items and fetching them back and forth. Then again it was worth it to swap George Washington's dentures for chattering teeth and turn the American Flag into a tentacle windsock so a crazy teenager could disguise herself as one before dressing up a mummy for a pet human contest. Loved that game.
Back to top Go down
MAJORASMASKFAN

PostSubject: Re: If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise…   If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise… - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 9:02 pm

i would like it if rare sold the license for killer instict to a studio that makes good games so we can finaly get the 3rd game
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise…   If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise… - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 11:01 pm

I had thought they had said they were gonna make a new Maniac Mansion game for the Wii, or was that a rumor?
Back to top Go down
thatguyontheright1

PostSubject: Re: If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise…   If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise… - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 10:01 am

1) Shenmue
2) Descent (a great 360* FPS)
3) Dino Crisis
4) Nightmare Creatures
5) Xenosaga
6) Star Wars Dark Forces
7) *insert locale* Strike
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise…   If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise… - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 4:21 am

OH, I just thought of one: Perfect Dark.
Back to top Go down
boxedlunch

boxedlunch

PostSubject: Re: If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise…   If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise… - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 1:14 pm

Crash Bandicoot or Spyro. I know they have the more modern games out, but they just aren't the same. They need to do like SEGA is doing with Sonic Generations, by blending new and old elements, although more combined rather than separated.

I'd also like to see Dynamite Headdy get an HD remake with some new levels, i mean come on:
If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise… - Page 2 BD2044462B4A2846404DC2_Large
Back to top Go down
Indiana Groans

Indiana Groans

PostSubject: Re: If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise…   If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise… - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 7:29 pm

Resident Evil. Anyone remember that game? Used to be great. I wonder where it went.

I'd also like a good Planet of the Apes game. And a Robocop one - I'd buy that for a dollar!
Back to top Go down
Tom Badguy

Tom Badguy

PostSubject: Re: If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise…   If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise… - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 12:45 am

Actraiser for the SNES. I've been waiting for a remake or series revival for this game and nothing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geekjuicemedia.com
gunflyer

gunflyer

PostSubject: Re: If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise…   If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise… - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 12:29 am

Tom Badguy wrote:
Actraiser for the SNES. I've been waiting for a remake or series revival for this game and nothing.
I'm afraid if they made another one today, it would be in 3D and it would suck.
Back to top Go down
thatguyontheright1

PostSubject: Re: If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise…   If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise… - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 4:22 am

How about an update to the Parodius series, as well as a release of the previous games on XBL and PSN in English.

Back to top Go down
Eckertmania

Eckertmania

PostSubject: Re: If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise…   If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise… - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 11:03 pm

Another one just dawned on me: Double Dragon.
Back to top Go down
http://asliceomind.wordpress.com/
Homo Gotikus Industrialis

Homo Gotikus Industrialis

PostSubject: Re: If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise…   If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise… - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 8:21 am

Legend of the Dragoon. That game was fun as hell and I loved the way you had to time combos. It's too bad I got permanently stuck and then my PS2 broke.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise…   If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise… - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

If you were to bring back any old video game or franchise…
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next