The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Josh Hadley On Erase/Rewind

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

Josh Hadley On Erase/Rewind Empty
PostSubject: Josh Hadley On Erase/Rewind   Josh Hadley On Erase/Rewind EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 11:57 am

Josh gave me his seal of approval to post this here as he was my special guest on Erase/Rewind this week. It was a blast to have him on the show, so I hope you enjoy it.

Here is the episodes description:

Second episode focusing on the world of movie scores and their importance to the narrative of film, as well as their overall impact on the memories of the film-goer. Scores covered: Empire Strikes Back, Human Target, Cherry 2000, Ghostbusters. With special guest, Josh Hadley of Radiodrome and Lost In The Static.

You can listen to it here:

http://blip.tv/file/4938004

Or just go to my blog here: http://erase-rewind-show.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Josh Hadley On Erase/Rewind   Josh Hadley On Erase/Rewind EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 3:29 am

So, anyone check this out?

Like? Dislike? Any suggestions on future episodes or how to improve it?

Please let me know.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Josh Hadley On Erase/Rewind   Josh Hadley On Erase/Rewind EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 4:04 am

I liked it, very much so!
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Josh Hadley On Erase/Rewind   Josh Hadley On Erase/Rewind EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 6:02 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
I liked it, very much so!

Thank you Frank. It's good to get feedback.

Also, I got your PM.
Back to top Go down
A Cockatrice

A Cockatrice

PostSubject: Re: Josh Hadley On Erase/Rewind   Josh Hadley On Erase/Rewind EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 10:48 am

Overall I liked it. Josh seems like a cool guy and when you got him talking he really brought some good points in. My only criticism was the music scores felt that they dragged out a bit, like the Empire theme could have been cut off and since its so iconic everyone would have still gotten the point. But that is just my opinion, again it was a very solid episode especially for being your second.

Also I feel kinda bad for Josh, he always seems to want to get in a discussion about newer video games but none of his co-hosts seem to have a interest on them (Radiodrome included).
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Josh Hadley On Erase/Rewind   Josh Hadley On Erase/Rewind EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 11:26 am

A Cockatrice wrote:
Overall I liked it. Josh seems like a cool guy and when you got him talking he really brought some good points in. My only criticism was the music scores felt that they dragged out a bit, like the Empire theme could have been cut off and since its so iconic everyone would have still gotten the point. But that is just my opinion, again it was a very solid episode especially for being your second.

Also I feel kinda bad for Josh, he always seems to want to get in a discussion about newer video games but none of his co-hosts seem to have a interest on them (Radiodrome included).

Thanks for the feedback.

To the point about the music, originally there was going to be more as the main focus of this episode was the impact of the music on film and the film-goer. However, my software wouldn't allow Josh to hear what I was playing on the other end, so we had to wing it a bit then add the music in post. I just don't think it would have felt the same without it. Plus, other pieces I played were not as familiar as the Imperial March, so I guess this is something I'm going to have to think over till my next soundtrack episode next month.

Josh was a lot of fun to chat with. The video game music thing is a weak spot for me in general as I never got into those types of scores, but that is going to change. Josh will be recommending some to me, then perhaps we can chat next time. There still would be the issue of me not having heard them in the game though. My offer to allow Josh to head that episode up is still open. I like diversity.

Thanks again for the kind words and I hope you guys will be checking back from time to time to hear more episodes.

The next one is on "Director's Cuts". Just what was their vision anyway?
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Josh Hadley On Erase/Rewind   Josh Hadley On Erase/Rewind EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 6:18 pm

Josh returns to Erase/Rewind to show me the error of my wicked wicked Director's Cuts ways.

http://blip.tv/file/5035208
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Josh Hadley On Erase/Rewind   Josh Hadley On Erase/Rewind EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 7:48 pm

Guess I really should post this here as well. Josh is back again. Perhaps I should just post all the links to episodes Josh has been in so far. I'll do it later. Until then, enjoy our latest discussion.

Josh Hadley On Erase/Rewind CannonFIlms-1

Lock and load for an explosive episode as Josh Hadley of Lost In The Static and RadioDrome joins me to discuss the meteoric rise and fall of Cannon Films. Some of the Cannon movies covered are: Death Wish 1, 2 and 3, American Ninja, Missing In Action, Invasion USA, Blood Sport, Cyborg, Barfly, Breakin', Cobra, Captain America, Spiderman, Masters Of The Universe, and many more. We also cover the impact Cannon had on the careers of such actors as Sylvester Stallone, Chuck Norris, Charles Bronson, and Jean Claude Van Damme.

http://blip.tv/movieapocalypse/erase-rewind-17-cannon-films-5914567
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Josh Hadley On Erase/Rewind   Josh Hadley On Erase/Rewind Empty

Back to top Go down

Josh Hadley On Erase/Rewind
Page 1 of 1