The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I just finished watching Return of the Living Dead.

Go down 
+2
mhadley
bjohn268
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bjohn268

I just finished watching Return of the Living Dead.  Empty
PostSubject: I just finished watching Return of the Living Dead.    I just finished watching Return of the Living Dead.  EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 10:39 am

I remember they had a conversation about it on Radiodrome. I finally saw and I loved it. I normally hate zombie movies, the only ones I really liked was the original Night of the Living Dead, Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead. I think I liked the last two because they were comedies. I guess that's why I liked this film too.

I liked that the zombies are intelligent, can speak and need brains like a crack addict needs his next hit. But there are some things that I scratched my head at.

No.1, if you received an Army canister that possibly has hazardous chemicals in it, wouldn't you call the Army about it? Instead of sitting on it for 15 years?

No.2, Why in the world did that one punk chick Trash just strip and danced nude? Or why did she rip her clothes off? If you’re going to do that just take off your clothes like a normal person.

No.3, at the end did Ernie use Tina as a shield before the explosion? I thought he had a gun to her head, like that was going to do something.
Back to top Go down
mhadley

PostSubject: Re: I just finished watching Return of the Living Dead.    I just finished watching Return of the Living Dead.  EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 3:17 pm

bjohn268 wrote:
I remember they had a conversation about it on Radiodrome. I finally saw and I loved it. I normally hate zombie movies, the only ones I really liked was the original Night of the Living Dead, Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead. I think I liked the last two because they were comedies. I guess that's why I liked this film too.

I liked that the zombies are intelligent, can speak and need brains like a crack addict needs his next hit. But there are some things that I scratched my head at.

No.1, if you received an Army canister that possibly has hazardous chemicals in it, wouldn't you call the Army about it? Instead of sitting on it for 15 years?

No.2, Why in the world did that one punk chick Trash just strip and danced nude? Or why did she rip her clothes off? If you’re going to do that just take off your clothes like a normal person.

No.3, at the end did Ernie use Tina as a shield before the explosion? I thought he had a gun to her head, like that was going to do something.

It's a cool movie indeed.

1. I think they had a line or something about them being scared of what the government would do since they would now have known something they should not have.

2. Trash was just a slut, she was turned on by thinking about death and they were talking about death so she got wet.

3. Ernie was going to kill her rather then let Freddy eat her brains yes...
Back to top Go down
http://1201beyondthewebsite.weebly.com/index.html
AssimanDHI

PostSubject: Re: I just finished watching Return of the Living Dead.    I just finished watching Return of the Living Dead.  EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 3:23 pm

Is this the one that had 45 Grave's "Party Time" in it?
Back to top Go down
mhadley

PostSubject: Re: I just finished watching Return of the Living Dead.    I just finished watching Return of the Living Dead.  EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 3:36 pm

AssimanDHI wrote:
Is this the one that had 45 Grave's "Party Time" in it?

Yup, and the Cramps and TSOL and tons of cool bands (I have the soundtrack on LP, tape and CD).
Back to top Go down
http://1201beyondthewebsite.weebly.com/index.html
AssimanDHI

PostSubject: Re: I just finished watching Return of the Living Dead.    I just finished watching Return of the Living Dead.  EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 6:18 pm

I remember watching the film long time ago just for the soundtrack. I however do think the film was okay. That was so long ago that I might have changed my mind about it. Should watch it again sometime
Back to top Go down
Conan the Librarian

Conan the Librarian

PostSubject: Re: I just finished watching Return of the Living Dead.    I just finished watching Return of the Living Dead.  EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 7:53 pm

mhadley wrote:
Yup, and the Cramps and TSOL and tons of cool bands (I have the soundtrack on LP, tape and CD).
That's pretty cool having the LP. I always wished that awesome synth theme was on the soundtrack. Probably didn't fit the punk motif of the rest of the ost.

This movie is awesome, and barely edges Re-animator out of first place for my favorite zombie flick.

Watching this movie two nights ago and I finally callled the 1800 number on the canister. It just says "Get together with fun and exciting people, call 1800 (and gives another number)". Shortest phone message ever.

Also: Two Words, JUWANNA MANN.

Back to top Go down
DannyV_El_Acme

DannyV_El_Acme

PostSubject: Re: I just finished watching Return of the Living Dead.    I just finished watching Return of the Living Dead.  EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 11:30 am

bjohn268 wrote:

Return Of the Living Dead is awesome, it's one of my favorite horror/comedies(number 1 for me is still Re-Animator). It's not only damn funny, it also has some genuinely freaky scenes. The scene with the kid screaming at his GF to let her eat her brain is genuinely pretty creepy, and the scene with the midget/amputee zombie HORRIFIED me when I first saw it.

As for the sequels, skip them they're terrible. EXCEPT 3. ROTLD 3 is an AMAZING flick. It has an awesome plot, genuine scares, great acting, and even has emotional scenes. A zombie flick that can actually pull your heartstrings, very unique. Oh, and the protagonist is Mindy Clarke, HOLY CRAP is she hot.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504256805
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: I just finished watching Return of the Living Dead.    I just finished watching Return of the Living Dead.  EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 4:28 am

DannyV_El_Acme wrote:
bjohn268 wrote:

Return Of the Living Dead is awesome, it's one of my favorite horror/comedies(number 1 for me is still Re-Animator). It's not only damn funny, it also has some genuinely freaky scenes. The scene with the kid screaming at his GF to let her eat her brain is genuinely pretty creepy, and the scene with the midget/amputee zombie HORRIFIED me when I first saw it.
It's also kind of notable for establishing the brain paradigm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just finished watching Return of the Living Dead.    I just finished watching Return of the Living Dead.  Empty

Back to top Go down

I just finished watching Return of the Living Dead.
Page 1 of 1