The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament

Go down 
+11
UnknownKadath
Angie Matera
relauby
Mondo a Go-Go
Son Of Jack Deth
AssimanDHI
Benjamin-J
Conan the Librarian
The Original Greaser Bob
Tommy Wiseau
Frank Rizzo
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 4:34 am

Yes folks, it's this forum's first big group project.

I'd like to run an ultimate tournament to crown the ultimate bad movie.

So, anyone want to try this out? Give some nominees for the tournament?
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 5:00 am

I'm not well versed on the topic, so I'll add the worst movie I've ever seen, "After Last Season". There's probably much worse, though.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 5:08 am

well, we can certainly put that movie into the tournament and see how it fares.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 5:55 am

Don;t you feat that as soon as a worst movie is crowned, one more more horrible will immediately rear it's head? That's the exact reason the Cinema Snob stopped calling movies "The worst ________ I've ever seen."
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 5:59 am

That's the best part....the possibility of sequel tournaments!
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 6:07 am

Well, as is customary, I must suggest the movie that probably pissed me off more than any other movie I've seen: Juno.
Back to top Go down
Conan the Librarian

Conan the Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:21 am

Dinner for Schmucks has to be the worst movie of the last 10 years, biggest disappointment, worst bang for it's budget, biggest waste of talent - movie ever.

I'm a fan of dumb comedies, but I couldn't stop bitching the entire movie. I giggled twice.

Just saw it days ago, couldn't help but interject.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 8:29 am

The movie that pissed me off the most is Pay it Forward.
Back to top Go down
Benjamin-J

Benjamin-J

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 10:02 am

I hated Waking Life with the fury of a thousand exploding suns. Can we include that?
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulexo.com
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:38 pm

Ok, so the official selections for the tourny so far are:
Waking Life
Pay it Forward
Dinner for Schmucks
Juno
After Last Season
and, putting in my selection:
Little Fockers
Back to top Go down
AssimanDHI

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 10:38 pm

I usually tend to watch films from beginning to end, no matter how bad they are. However, I couldn't watch Liquid Sky completely. I was like "when will this end!?" and I wasn't even half way through.

So yeah, Liquid Sky is the ultimate bad movie. No, bad sounds like "so bad it's good", Liquid Sky was just "please kill me" horrible
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 10:52 pm

Twilight
Back to top Go down
Mondo a Go-Go

Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 1:20 am

Is this funny-bad or unwatchable-bad? For unwatchable-bad, I say:

Cabaret
The Shining
Jason Goes to Hell
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 3:41 am

Benjamin-J wrote:
I hated Waking Life with the fury of a thousand exploding suns. Can we include that?
Yeah, 1,000 exploding suns worth of fury sounds bad enough.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 6:08 am

Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
Is this funny-bad or unwatchable-bad? For unwatchable-bad, I say:

Cabaret
The Shining
Jason Goes to Hell

Unwatchable bad seems to be the trend. And seeing as you took Jason Goes to Hell, I throw in Lady in the Water

EDIT: Although, I am watching Birdemic in a couple of days, so there's a possibility I'll change votes.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 6:54 am

Relauby wrote:
EDIT: Although, I am watching Birdemic in a couple of days, so there's a possibility I'll change votes.

If you like so-bad-they're-good movies, you'll probably enjoy Birdemic enough, although there are some scenes that are way too fucking long.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 7:15 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Relauby wrote:

If you like so-bad-they're-good movies, you'll probably enjoy Birdemic enough, although there are some scenes that are way too fucking long.
I'm into that kind of stuff, so maybe I'll like Birdemic. I was kinda judging from clips I've seen on Youtube, because there doesn't seem to be much variation, but I was getting ahead of myself.
Back to top Go down
Benjamin-J

Benjamin-J

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 7:24 am

The Dude wrote:
Benjamin-J wrote:
Yeah, 1,000 exploding suns worth of fury sounds bad enough.

I downplayed it a tad.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 8:21 am

Relauby wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Relauby wrote:

I'm into that kind of stuff, so maybe I'll like Birdemic. I was kinda judging from clips I've seen on Youtube, because there doesn't seem to be much variation, but I was getting ahead of myself.

The non-bird scenes in the beginning are probably the best actually, and none of those are on youtube from what I know. It does get a bit repetitive and boring during the bird scenes, but the effects in that movie are so bad it's priceless.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 3:59 pm

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Relauby wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Relauby wrote:

The non-bird scenes in the beginning are probably the best actually, and none of those are on youtube from what I know. It does get a bit repetitive and boring during the bird scenes, but the effects in that movie are so bad it's priceless.
That's kind of what I was afraid of. I'll still watch it though, just so I can say I saw something called "Birdemic".
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 9:35 pm

The Dude wrote:
Well, as is customary, I must suggest the movie that probably pissed me off more than any other movie I've seen: Juno.
im glad i know another Juno hater. lol i rember seeing that in the theaters and i hating it . i did laugh alittle at the hg lewis and dario argento refference in there. manyl cause im related to argento and i think it was funny that he was spotlighted in a crappy movie. also a funny event happened simliar to my gren hornet one lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 3:38 am

Angie Matera wrote:
The Dude wrote:
im glad i know another Juno hater. lol i rember seeing that in the theaters and i hating it . i did laugh alittle at the hg lewis and dario argento refference in there. manyl cause im related to argento and i think it was funny that he was spotlighted in a crappy movie. also a funny event happened simliar to my gren hornet one lol
They violated the cardinal rule of movies-within movies: Don't use footage from movies that are better than yours.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 5:06 am

Relauby wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Relauby wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Relauby wrote:

That's kind of what I was afraid of. I'll still watch it though, just so I can say I saw something called "Birdemic".
i saw that on rifftrax fucking awful
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

Location : I live in my namesake, of course!.. Okay, in real life - Japan.

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 1:15 am

I want to throw in Anus Magillicutty; the only hesitation I have is that the movie seems proud of a reviewer who called it "The Worst Ever" so we might be praising it. Then again, it is genuinely fucking horrible.

Also:
Heartbeeps
Feeders (Both of them)
Napoleon Dynamite (I'm gunna get flamed for including this, aren't I?
The Curse of Count Chocula (I WANTED TO LOVE THIS D: The name made it sound like it would be a "So bad it's good." Shame it was a genuine bad bad.)

Back to top Go down
Benjamin-J

Benjamin-J

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 11:19 am

UnknownKadath wrote:

Napoleon Dynamite (I'm gunna get flamed for including this, aren't I?

Nah, I'll vouch for you on that movie being a piece of shit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament   Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament Empty

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Bad Movie Tournament
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next