The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Road House (1989)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
New Blood

New Blood

Road House (1989) Empty
PostSubject: Road House (1989)   Road House (1989) EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 3:06 am

The movie with the Swayze-dog has to be seen to be believed!

I just rented this again today (on VHS no doubt!) and hadn't seen it in a good decade or so. This is one fun film! This takes all the homoeroticism of 80s action films and ratchets it up several notches with Swayze having to show off his tough tits or his ass all the time.

Unlike the other action films of its era, Dalton is no meathead, in fact, he's got a philosophy degree from NYU and drives a Mercedes and practices tai chi in the nude outside while a creepy version of Uncle Jesse watches on.

There's ball room brawls, blind blues players (who is great btw), shootouts, hot women, monster trucks, fast cars, explosions and much much more!

Plus there's the dialogue:
Terry Funk telling him he's heard about how he has balls so big he could cum in a dumptruck.

"Pain don't hurt!"

"It's good to see you!" spoken by a blind man when he first greets Swayze.

"What do you take me for?" a bimbo asks another bar patron in an early scene. the reply- "About a hundred dollars!"

Jimmy: I used to fuck guys like you in prison.

Wade Garrett: [Eyeing the sign over the Double Deuce] The Double Douche!

Dalton: All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected. Two, take it outside. Never start anything inside the bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice.

This is Top 5 Guilty Pleasure Films of all time!
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

Road House (1989) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Road House (1989)   Road House (1989) EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 3:27 am

All I can think of when I think of this movie is Peter from Family Guy.

"....Roadhouse."
Back to top Go down

Road House (1989)
Page 1 of 1