The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Well this is a cool trailer

Go down 
+2
relauby
yakityyakblah
6 posters
AuthorMessage
yakityyakblah

yakityyakblah

Well this is a cool trailer Empty
PostSubject: Well this is a cool trailer   Well this is a cool trailer EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 3:58 am

Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: Well this is a cool trailer   Well this is a cool trailer EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 5:48 am

Eh, I didn't really see the point of it. It didn't tell us anything about the game, and it was way too long to be a teaser. Also, the music bugged me. I'm starting to get kind of annoyed when trailers and stuff play slow, melodic music over horrific things.

However, if the clips of the girl running had been in black & white, I could see this as a tribute to Memento. That'd be cool.
Back to top Go down
IAKO

PostSubject: Re: Well this is a cool trailer   Well this is a cool trailer EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 6:14 am

Funny, I was about to start a thread about it. Even though Relauby is right, "horrific imagery + slow motion + melodic music" is getting really clichéd, I thought this was really well done (after all, clichés can be well used) and the way the trailer/teaser/whatever is structured is superb. Some people said that the trailer plays on shock value, you know, a kid getting killed, but I don't really see it. I mean, is the sole vision of a kid dying in fiction really shocking anymore? What pulls my heartstrings is the way the whole thing is executed, the fact that it happens to a kid is sadder, but if it was another adult I would have been affected too.

Now, I just hope there's a real meaning/connection behind it.
Back to top Go down
A Cockatrice

A Cockatrice

PostSubject: Re: Well this is a cool trailer   Well this is a cool trailer EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 7:42 am

It was cool, maybe a bit cliched. I am just getting tired of all the zombie games that have been coming out for the last few months. Zombies even past Nazi's as the most used enemy's in shooting games.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: Well this is a cool trailer   Well this is a cool trailer EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 4:28 pm

A Cockatrice wrote:
It was cool, maybe a bit cliched. I am just getting tired of all the zombie games that have been coming out for the last few months. Zombies even past Nazi's as the most used enemy's in shooting games.

How do the Nazi Zombies from Call of Duty work into that equation?
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Well this is a cool trailer   Well this is a cool trailer EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 7:22 pm

I pretty much agree with the rest of the gang here, what was awe inspiring in a trailer before is now just becoming cliche.
Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

Location : I live in my namesake, of course!.. Okay, in real life - Japan.

PostSubject: Re: Well this is a cool trailer   Well this is a cool trailer EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 11:16 pm

Wait, this is still being made? I swear to god I remember seeing one batch of screenshots from around 2007, and the developers boasting that it would be the goriest game ever made. Then it fell off the face of the planet.

http://www.gamescreenie.com/gallery-378.html

The trailer was.. okay I guess. I'll admit I've had enough Zombie games though.

Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: Well this is a cool trailer   Well this is a cool trailer EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 8:18 pm

What are all these zombie games you guys are talking about? I'm not much into gaming, but the only zombie game that I can think of off the top of my head is Left 4 Dead.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Well this is a cool trailer   Well this is a cool trailer EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 8:19 pm

Resident Evil and all of it's sequels?
Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: Well this is a cool trailer   Well this is a cool trailer EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 10:45 pm

Relauby wrote:
What are all these zombie games you guys are talking about? I'm not much into gaming, but the only zombie game that I can think of off the top of my head is Left 4 Dead.

There are A LOT of Zombie games. I'm not a hardcore gamer either really, but a lot of my friends are and my wife is a big gamer. Here's a list of Zombie games: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_zombie_video_games

That's only the ones mainly about or primarily featuring Zomberts apparently, and there are lots more that have them in.
Back to top Go down
yakityyakblah

yakityyakblah

PostSubject: Re: Well this is a cool trailer   Well this is a cool trailer EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 8:11 am

Only two notable ones actually came out last year, and one was an expansion to a wild west game. Really this zombie backlash isn't in proportion to the actual amount of zombie games out there or the quality. Most of the zombie games that come out are really good.

Also that list you posted blows it omits games and lists games that barely count. Dead Space for instance isn't about zombies, wikipedia is counting this as a zombie:

Well this is a cool trailer 870980-glow_slasher_super
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: Well this is a cool trailer   Well this is a cool trailer EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 6:22 pm

Yeah, I really only consider it a zombie game if it's a very small group of people in normal, everyday areas fighting massive hordes of infected humans. So I don't consider something like Dead Space a zombie game. Also, Typing of the Dead was on that list. I know it is technically a zombie game, but seriously? So I stand by the fact that the only recent zombie games are the Left 4 Dead games, the Dead Rising games and the Resident Evil series. And even if we were being bombarded with thousands of zombie games, I still haven't gotten sick of them. Zombies are fun.

But back on topic, I remember hearing a long time ago of a zombie MMO game that was coming to consoles. That's not this, is it?
Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: Well this is a cool trailer   Well this is a cool trailer EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 8:26 pm

yakityyakblah wrote:
Only two notable ones actually came out last year, and one was an expansion to a wild west game. Really this zombie backlash isn't in proportion to the actual amount of zombie games out there or the quality. Most of the zombie games that come out are really good.

Also that list you posted blows it omits games and lists games that barely count. Dead Space for instance isn't about zombies, wikipedia is counting this as a zombie:

Well this is a cool trailer 870980-glow_slasher_super

Dead Space was a cool third person shooter. Beat #2, it was hilarious - which is both a pro and a con in my eyes. Still fun overall though.. I'll admit I'm also counting freeware/flash games, I'm just tired at shooting at zombies. If the game is good I don't care, just the past few years played quite a few.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: Well this is a cool trailer   Well this is a cool trailer EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:49 am

Did anyone see this video IGN did where they put the trailer back in chronological order? It's kind of interesting, made me realize a few things I didn't see the first time around.

Back to top Go down
yakityyakblah

yakityyakblah

PostSubject: Re: Well this is a cool trailer   Well this is a cool trailer EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 4:46 am

And now it's going to be a movie.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/115/1151065p1.html
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: Well this is a cool trailer   Well this is a cool trailer EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 6:05 am

yakityyakblah wrote:
And now it's going to be a movie.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/115/1151065p1.html

What? That's retarded. The game's not out yet, doesn't even have a release date, and they already sold the movie rights? Apparently the trailer has nothing to do with the game, so they're making a game based off of a trailer. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well this is a cool trailer   Well this is a cool trailer Empty

Back to top Go down

Well this is a cool trailer
Page 1 of 1