The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alcohol of choice

Go down 
+15
ZeroCalo
moonsknight
AssimanDHI
Zer0.MediA
Thecigarsnob
obin_gam
Duckman
The Original Greaser Bob
Eckertmania
Conan the Librarian
UnknownKadath
Loxx O)))
Frank Rizzo
IAKO
Cactus_Matt
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

Alcohol of choice - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alcohol of choice   Alcohol of choice - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 3:29 am

obin_gam wrote:
regaridng what s "real" absinthe and not -> does it have anything to do with the % of alcohol? I know (I think I know anyways) that the limit of legal alcohol in my country is <70% and thus most absinthe (and any spirit at all) thats stronger than that have to be imported.

For example, I just picked up a cyan-colored "Pére Kermann's Absinthe" which is 60%. Does that count as real absinthe or is it In Name Only?

EDIT: also, what trick is used to get the best taste out of the drink? pouring ice-water slowly over the sugar cube, or dipping the cube and burning it/melting it down?
To my recollection, absinthe's authenticity has to do with how it is manufactured, not it's proof. I believe it has to be made following a specific procedure to be called absinthe, as opposed to just taking high-proof alcohol and flavoring it like absinthe.
Back to top Go down
Zer0.MediA

Zer0.MediA

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol of choice   Alcohol of choice - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 11:14 am

There are a lot of websites that explain absinthe in pretty clear terms... But essentially what you're looking for in absinthe would be an alcohol content from 45-74% (according to wiki) and a "thujone" content. That's the chemical that got the drink outlawed, and the chem that people think makes you "trip" or "hallucinate", which (as far as I know) never really happens.

With the proof of Absinthe, you'd die of alcohol poisoning before you ever got an effect from the thujone content.

Don't hold me to any of that... ya know... I'm not a doctor.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol of choice   Alcohol of choice - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 12:09 pm

I totally just found an Absinthe buyers guide onlie, with a list of recommended brands, dealers and what have you, so I guess my problem is solved.
Back to top Go down
AssimanDHI

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol of choice   Alcohol of choice - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 9:55 pm

I've wanted to try absinthe for the longest time, simply because there's this one cool album about absinthe and some of the limited editions actually had a absinthe spoon with them, lol
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol of choice   Alcohol of choice - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 6:11 am

AssimanDHI wrote:
I've wanted to try absinthe for the longest time, simply because there's this one cool album about absinthe and some of the limited editions actually had a absinthe spoon with them, lol
They make some ridiculously ornate absinthe spoon, man.
Back to top Go down
Eckertmania

Eckertmania

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol of choice   Alcohol of choice - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 1:14 am

I got a brilliant idea for a drink last night, and I think The Dude would approve.

It's a White Russian (or Caucasian if you want to call it that) Milkshake. Vodka, Kahlua, Milk, and Ice Cream. Blend it together and drink. I think it would taste AMAZING!
Back to top Go down
http://asliceomind.wordpress.com/
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol of choice   Alcohol of choice - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 7:27 am

Eckertmania wrote:
I got a brilliant idea for a drink last night, and I think The Dude would approve.

It's a White Russian (or Caucasian if you want to call it that) Milkshake. Vodka, Kahlua, Milk, and Ice Cream. Blend it together and drink. I think it would taste AMAZING!
Fund it.
Back to top Go down
Thecigarsnob

Thecigarsnob

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol of choice   Alcohol of choice - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 7:48 am

Eckertmania wrote:

The thought of a combination of a Hangover and brain freeze already makes my head hurt.
Back to top Go down
http://jasonknightonline.com
obin_gam

obin_gam

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol of choice   Alcohol of choice - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 5:00 pm

Anyone drinking Ginger Beer? I only just found out about that kind of beverage. I picked up "Crabbies" as it is (really awkwardly) called hehe just because it sounded weird with ginger taste in a beer (or is it cider? I have no idea).

Anyways, I loved it this much cheers
Gonna order a box with 24 bottles when my store starts selling these again in april. Cant wait!

Alcohol of choice - Page 2 497842

Last edited by obin_gam on Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol of choice   Alcohol of choice - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 1:08 am

Thecigarsnob wrote:
Eckertmania wrote:

The thought of a combination of a Hangover and brain freeze already makes my head hurt.
It would be worth it.
Back to top Go down
moonsknight

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol of choice   Alcohol of choice - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 1:32 am

I don't drink much, but when I do my favorite is Rum and Coke, particularly Captain Morgan's. Then again I've only had it with two kinds of rum and the other was a store-brand so...

But as it is, my drinking career is a very short tale (only 22 and I don't party) with very few surprises.
Back to top Go down
ZeroCalo

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol of choice   Alcohol of choice - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 11:59 am

Um, I drink like most homeless people do. Horrible malt liquor because it is all I can afford most of the time.
BUT, if I got to choose.

I love Arrogant Bastard and Guinness.

Other than beer, I like rum, and...erm...I've only had cheap whiskey my whole life.

I'm pretty much the real life "CHESTER". Only, I'll drink horse piss.
Back to top Go down
Thecigarsnob

Thecigarsnob

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol of choice   Alcohol of choice - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 3:21 pm

ZeroCalo wrote:
Um, I drink like most homeless people do. Horrible malt liquor because it is all I can afford most of the time.
BUT, if I got to choose.

Other than beer, I like rum, and...erm...I've only had cheap whiskey my whole life.

Alcohol of choice - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFRuAbbo8HnjHI5K9VfxXgBA2pemuLYarBrjJcrduNjqSjqWAg
Back to top Go down
http://jasonknightonline.com
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol of choice   Alcohol of choice - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:10 am

ZeroCalo wrote:
BUT, if I got to choose.

Hit that bum wine?
Back to top Go down
Candyman

Candyman

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol of choice   Alcohol of choice - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 2:36 am

Alcohol of choice - Page 2 Stella
Alcohol of choice - Page 2 Beefeater-final-pack
Alcohol of choice - Page 2 1925_0_2

That's about it.
Back to top Go down
UnholyMephistopheles

UnholyMephistopheles

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol of choice   Alcohol of choice - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 4:58 am

im not 18 but of what ive had coke&rum is decent
Back to top Go down
barrylikesbnbns

barrylikesbnbns

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol of choice   Alcohol of choice - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 4:25 am

Alcohol of choice - Page 2 Hobgoblin

The only thing I drink at LAN parties besides the odd whateverisonthecoffeetable in a drinking game. Drinking games include FPS like Q3, UT2k3, CSS (Finish your drink every 5 deaths in FFA respawn), AoE2 (Gulp when you lose a building) and film movies, such as The Room (Whenever you hear 'Oh' or something nonsensical happens).

What's better, is the brewery has an amazing website, and a competition to convert 'Lager Boys' to ale.
Back to top Go down

▲

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol of choice   Alcohol of choice - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 8:25 am

barrylikesbnbns wrote:
The Room (Whenever you hear 'Oh' or something nonsensical happens).
That's a good way to die of alcohol poisioning.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol of choice   Alcohol of choice - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 10:39 am

▲ wrote:
barrylikesbnbns wrote:
The Room (Whenever you hear 'Oh' or something nonsensical happens).
That's a good way to die of alcohol poisioning.
It's even worse than playing the Wild Zero drinking game.
Back to top Go down
Eckertmania

Eckertmania

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol of choice   Alcohol of choice - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 9:36 am

Guys, they make fruit punch flavored vodka. Mixing it with 7-Up makes it taste just like a Kiddy Cocktail (if you remember those, anyway.)
Back to top Go down
http://asliceomind.wordpress.com/
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol of choice   Alcohol of choice - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 7:58 am

Eckertmania wrote:
Guys, they make fruit punch flavored vodka. Mixing it with 7-Up makes it taste just like a Kiddy Cocktail (if you remember those, anyway.)
No I do not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alcohol of choice   Alcohol of choice - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Alcohol of choice
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cinema Snob :: Other Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: