The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Room (2003)

Go down 
+6
A Cockatrice
Tommy Wiseau
FoxieKitten
Frank Rizzo
GaRRbagio
OrlandoEastwood
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OrlandoEastwood

OrlandoEastwood

The Room (2003) Empty
PostSubject: The Room (2003)   The Room (2003) EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 10:06 am

Oh Hai! What a story, Mark! YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, LISA!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orlandoeastwoodfilms.tk
GaRRbagio

GaRRbagio

The Room (2003) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Room (2003)   The Room (2003) EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 10:17 am

"Hey.. don't worry about it Johnny.
Don't touch me mather focker! Get out."
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

The Room (2003) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Room (2003)   The Room (2003) EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 10:34 am

"Inna few minutes Beetch!"
Back to top Go down
FoxieKitten

FoxieKitten

The Room (2003) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Room (2003)   The Room (2003) EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 11:43 pm

Lets go eat huun..
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/FoxieKitten25?feature=mhum
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

The Room (2003) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Room (2003)   The Room (2003) EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 12:39 am

So howes your sex life?
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

The Room (2003) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Room (2003)   The Room (2003) EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 1:11 am

"It's not A Room, it's THE Room!"
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

The Room (2003) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Room (2003)   The Room (2003) EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 1:15 am

Ah Tommy Wiseau, what would we do without you, eh?
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

The Room (2003) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Room (2003)   The Room (2003) EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 1:17 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:

Without me? "You can drop off the earth, and that's a promise!"
Back to top Go down
A Cockatrice

A Cockatrice

The Room (2003) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Room (2003)   The Room (2003) EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 3:20 am

Such a good movie. Tommy Wiseau needs to do more things. Even though just about every joke fell flat on "The house that drips blood on Alex" hearing him talk is just too funny.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

The Room (2003) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Room (2003)   The Room (2003) EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:16 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:

Hey, you're not really Tommy Wiseau! You tricked me, and I am the fool... Sad
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

The Room (2003) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Room (2003)   The Room (2003) EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 5:07 am

Relauby wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:

But it seems to me like you're the EEAHXPURT, Relauby!
Back to top Go down
OrlandoEastwood

OrlandoEastwood

The Room (2003) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Room (2003)   The Room (2003) EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 5:25 am

I did not hit her. She's lying. I did not hit her. I DID NAWHT!!!
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

The Room (2003) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Room (2003)   The Room (2003) EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 5:54 am

OrlandoEastwood wrote:
I did not hit her. She's lying. I did not hit her. I DID NAWHT!!!
Oh hi mark
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

The Room (2003) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Room (2003)   The Room (2003) EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 6:24 am

Hehe, I read an interview where Tommy claimed he made The Room intentionally bad.....Yeah right....
Back to top Go down
lyger

lyger

The Room (2003) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Room (2003)   The Room (2003) EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 6:51 am

I don't get why The Room is always being called one of the worst movies ever made. I mean I've been watching movies all my life and I've seen several thousand movies ranging from Hollywood blockbusters to shot on camcorder with a budget of a paper clip and lint. I think a "bad movie" is a movie that has no redeeming qualities and in no way is enjoyable to watch. Examples would be Manos: The Hands Of Fate, Birdemic, I Spit On Your Corpse I Piss On Your Grave, or The Underground Comedy Movie. Something so awful that you can't even rate it, even one finger up is giving it too much credit.

The Room to me was a great movie and I can understand the flaws like it was adapted from a 600 page unpublished novel by Wiseau so he had to cut down for movie script which explains the subplots that go nowhere and some technical issues are present because they've never made a movie before and were trying to do things their own way. I honestly think Tommy Wiseau was right about it being meticulously made to turn out the way it did. Scenes the flower shop or the roof scene (I didn't hit her) couldn't be made that way by mistake. He did dub over his lines but in the final take he wouldn't have had time to say all of those lines in the shot. Why would you direct yourself to do a very quick take without time to say all the lines? Also another thing I like is that the characters are easy to relate to. I've known people naive but good natured like Johnny, women who are more interested in having their own fun than the feelings of others like Lisa, guys who are more interested in getting laid like Mark, and so on. Sure they're not the deepest characters but it works for this kind of story.

I just wouldn't put it in the same category as Troll 2, Silent Night Deadly Night 1-3, The Happening, Dungeons & Dragons, Street Fighter, and other movies that were just badly done in every way but managed to gain cult status for being funny to watch. The Room works great as a comedy and I feel like most of it had to be intentional because I've seen plenty of movies made by total amateurs that didn't have any of the strange issues The Room had. Even Manos was filmed on a crappy camera that could only record something like 30 seconds and a time.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

The Room (2003) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Room (2003)   The Room (2003) EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 8:12 am

lyger wrote:
I don't get why The Room is always being called one of the worst movies ever made. I mean I've been watching movies all my life and I've seen several thousand movies ranging from Hollywood blockbusters to shot on camcorder with a budget of a paper clip and lint. I think a "bad movie" is a movie that has no redeeming qualities and in no way is enjoyable to watch. Examples would be Manos: The Hands Of Fate, Birdemic, I Spit On Your Corpse I Piss On Your Grave, or The Underground Comedy Movie. Something so awful that you can't even rate it, even one finger up is giving it too much credit.

The Room to me was a great movie and I can understand the flaws like it was adapted from a 600 page unpublished novel by Wiseau so he had to cut down for movie script which explains the subplots that go nowhere and some technical issues are present because they've never made a movie before and were trying to do things their own way. I honestly think Tommy Wiseau was right about it being meticulously made to turn out the way it did. Scenes the flower shop or the roof scene (I didn't hit her) couldn't be made that way by mistake. He did dub over his lines but in the final take he wouldn't have had time to say all of those lines in the shot. Why would you direct yourself to do a very quick take without time to say all the lines? Also another thing I like is that the characters are easy to relate to. I've known people naive but good natured like Johnny, women who are more interested in having their own fun than the feelings of others like Lisa, guys who are more interested in getting laid like Mark, and so on. Sure they're not the deepest characters but it works for this kind of story.

I just wouldn't put it in the same category as Troll 2, Silent Night Deadly Night 1-3, The Happening, Dungeons & Dragons, Street Fighter, and other movies that were just badly done in every way but managed to gain cult status for being funny to watch. The Room works great as a comedy and I feel like most of it had to be intentional because I've seen plenty of movies made by total amateurs that didn't have any of the strange issues The Room had. Even Manos was filmed on a crappy camera that could only record something like 30 seconds and a time.

Leave your STUPID comments in your pocket!

(Actually, I have to agree, the film is just too perfectly hilarious that it can't be a mistake. Still, it's amazing either way.)
Back to top Go down
GaRRbagio

GaRRbagio

The Room (2003) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Room (2003)   The Room (2003) EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 8:20 am

lyger wrote:

Have to agree with you. It may be a bad movie in a way that you'd be comparing it to a great movie, but a bad movie won't make you laugh and remember classic lines you'll never forget. Even though Tommy is a bit of a douche for removing all reviews pointing fun at his "greatness", I feel he is in a genre of his own.
Back to top Go down
OrlandoEastwood

OrlandoEastwood

The Room (2003) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Room (2003)   The Room (2003) EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 8:24 am

Did you notice in the coffee shop, Johnny calls Mark, "Doggie" as he is leaving, did anyone else catch that?
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

The Room (2003) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Room (2003)   The Room (2003) EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 3:12 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Relauby wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:

Get out! Get out of my life!
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

The Room (2003) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Room (2003)   The Room (2003) EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 3:26 am

Relauby wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Relauby wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:

If you think I'm tired now, wait 'til you see me tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

The Room (2003) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Room (2003)   The Room (2003) EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 3:45 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Relauby wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Relauby wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:

Oh, so anyways, how's your sex life?
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

The Room (2003) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Room (2003)   The Room (2003) EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 6:23 am

Relauby wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Relauby wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Relauby wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:

At least you have friends. I didn't get any calls today. You're right, the computer business is too competitive.
Back to top Go down
ermac

The Room (2003) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Room (2003)   The Room (2003) EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 6:45 am

OHAI, sidewalk!

OHAI, newspaper!

OHAI, entrance!

OHAI, darkness!

OHAI, gunbare-ough!................

OHAI, Mark, OHAI Lisa! I'm dead you know! HUAHUA!
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

The Room (2003) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Room (2003)   The Room (2003) EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 7:09 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Relauby wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Relauby wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Relauby wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:

At least you have friends. I didn't get any calls today. You're right, the computer business is too competitive.

That's me!
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

The Room (2003) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Room (2003)   The Room (2003) EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 7:21 am

Relauby wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Relauby wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Relauby wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Relauby wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:

That's me!

Yur naht gud, yur just a chicken, cheep cheep cheep cheep, cheep!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Room (2003) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Room (2003)   The Room (2003) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Room (2003)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next