The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Best sitcom currently on TV?

Go down 
+12
Toyland Chairman
Son Of Jack Deth
obin_gam
New Blood
IAKO
relauby
Cactus_Matt
Bassbait
The Original Greaser Bob
Tommy Wiseau
Duckman
Frank Rizzo
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

Best sitcom currently on TV? Empty
PostSubject: Best sitcom currently on TV?   Best sitcom currently on TV? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 9:28 am

Of all the sitcoms currently on TV right now, which do you guys think is the funniest?

For me, I can answer that in three words: Big Bang Theory.
Back to top Go down
Duckman

Duckman

PostSubject: Re: Best sitcom currently on TV?   Best sitcom currently on TV? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 1:26 pm

"Big Bang Theory" is definitely on my list. Sadly, I don't think there's much else I've gotten into yet. Then that may be due to me not watching as much TV lately. When I do get around to it though, it's either BBT or reruns of much older shows.
Back to top Go down
http://kingrow.webs.com
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Best sitcom currently on TV?   Best sitcom currently on TV? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 5:04 pm

For traditional sitcoms, Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother are great. However, there are probably a lot of nontraditional sitcoms that are much better.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Best sitcom currently on TV?   Best sitcom currently on TV? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 8:52 am

I'm going to vote along party lines here and say Big Bang Theory as well. I couldn't lie about it if I tried.
Back to top Go down
Bassbait

Bassbait

PostSubject: Re: Best sitcom currently on TV?   Best sitcom currently on TV? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 9:24 am

I can't even PRETEND like there's a "best sitcom on TV". Because Arrested Development isn't on TV anymore!

Ok, all joking aside (AD seriously is the best TV show ever), I currently run Futurama, Community, and The Office. If you consider Variety comedy shows the same concept, The Colbert Report is also a frequent watch for me, and if you include re-runs, I constantly watch Malcolm in the Middle. That show is underrated!
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Best sitcom currently on TV?   Best sitcom currently on TV? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 9:29 am

Bassbait wrote:
AD seriously is the best TV show ever

AD is probably the best comedy show ever, except maybe classic Simpsons.
Back to top Go down
Bassbait

Bassbait

PostSubject: Re: Best sitcom currently on TV?   Best sitcom currently on TV? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:42 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Bassbait wrote:
AD seriously is the best TV show ever

AD is probably the best comedy show ever, except maybe classic Simpsons.

I still vote for AD. The Simpsons has had a LONG run. But AD has MORE jokes in it's 3 seasons than The Simpsons has packed into it's entire catalog. No offense to The Simpsons, but AD is just so much more well written and so much funnier that even the best Simpsons episode just doesn't compare to AD.
Back to top Go down
Cactus_Matt

Cactus_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Best sitcom currently on TV?   Best sitcom currently on TV? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 12:43 pm

I absolutely hate the Big Bang Theory, I don't get how it's funny at all.

On topic, I love Community season 1 but I hear season 2 goes downhill. The Office (US) is great but again I've only seen the first 4 seasons so I'm sure there's room for it to go downhill too, or get repetitive. Currently watching How I Met Your Mother on DVD (up to season 3) and it's certainly a contender to be my favourite.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Best sitcom currently on TV?   Best sitcom currently on TV? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 5:11 pm

Cactus_Matt wrote:
Currently watching How I Met Your Mother on DVD (up to season 3) and it's certainly a contender to be my favourite.

Sorry to ruin your expectations, but it gets way worse in season 4.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: Best sitcom currently on TV?   Best sitcom currently on TV? EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 1:10 am

I hardly ever watch TV, so the only sitcom I currently watch is this British one called The IT Crowd. I'm not even 100% sure if it broadcasts in America, but it is a really good show, and if you want something nerdy to watch it's a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Best sitcom currently on TV?   Best sitcom currently on TV? EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 3:19 am

Cactus_Matt wrote:
It's a big hit among the socially awkward, because they (we) identify easily with the protagonists.
Back to top Go down
IAKO

PostSubject: Re: Best sitcom currently on TV?   Best sitcom currently on TV? EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 8:05 am

I'm afraid I don't watch a lot of television either, plus I don't particularly enjoy having to wait for new episodes to come out, most of the time I begin watching a series when it's already finished. But recently I've been watching a few episodes of The Thick of It, well, not on my TV and it's not airing currently (new season is coming soon, right?), but it's utterly brilliant. I also quite like The Big Bang Theory, but I so wish that the laugh track would just disappear, I've never ever could get used to that gimmick (live audiences aren't as bad, though).
Back to top Go down
Bassbait

Bassbait

PostSubject: Re: Best sitcom currently on TV?   Best sitcom currently on TV? EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 8:08 am

Cactus_Matt wrote:

On topic, I love Community season 1 but I hear season 2 goes downhill. The Office (US) is great but again I've only seen the first 4 seasons so I'm sure there's room for it to go downhill too, or get repetitive. Currently watching How I Met Your Mother on DVD (up to season 3) and it's certainly a contender to be my favourite.

I totally agree with Big Bang Theory.

But I think Community's second season is worth the watch. I'm not sure if it's still in it's second season, but it's still really good now, as good as it was. Some of my favorite episodes are from second season. People just say it goes downhill because they are afraid of it turning bad. It doesn't become crap or anything. It's all personal opinion, you should decide for yourself if it REALLY goes "downhill". I think it went uphill, but that's just me. I would recommend the second season. It's the same basic level of awesome that the first season was. And I'm pretty sure there are some episodes you WOULD NOT want to miss. Not to spoil anything, but there are some INCREDIBLE episodes in the second season. So I definitely think you should watch it.
Back to top Go down
New Blood

New Blood

PostSubject: Re: Best sitcom currently on TV?   Best sitcom currently on TV? EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 9:14 pm

Modern Family
Back to top Go down
obin_gam

obin_gam

PostSubject: Re: Best sitcom currently on TV?   Best sitcom currently on TV? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 4:25 pm

I've just found out about Parks and Recreation and while the first season is a bad carbon copy of The Office, the second season was awesome! I hope they dont cancel it as it seems the third season will only have 16 episodes...

Aressted Development and The Simpsons seasons 1 thru 9 is still the best comedy there ever will be on television imho Smile
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Best sitcom currently on TV?   Best sitcom currently on TV? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 8:15 pm

Yeah, I too was a fan of the first 10 seasons of The Simpsons....The Simpsons of now though....not so much.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Best sitcom currently on TV?   Best sitcom currently on TV? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 7:02 am

I actually think The Simpsons is starting to turn itself around now. It hit a dip there for a while, but their latest material has has been good in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Best sitcom currently on TV?   Best sitcom currently on TV? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 7:07 am

My main problem with The Simpsons is that they've pretty much run out of ideas now...

There's been at least 4-5 different "How Marge and Homer met" stories
About 5-6 "Moe is lonely, meets the girl of his dreams, etc" stories
About a dozen or so "Lisa feels unappreciated, then finds a group of people she can relate too, but by the end she goes back to her family" stories

etc, etc, etc...
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Best sitcom currently on TV?   Best sitcom currently on TV? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 7:41 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
My main problem with The Simpsons is that they've pretty much run out of ideas now...

There's been at least 4-5 different "How Marge and Homer met" stories
Those are mostly ret-cons. They have to keep moving their "how they met" story forward in time to accommodate for the age of the series.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Best sitcom currently on TV?   Best sitcom currently on TV? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 7:43 am

It moved from them meeting in High School to them meeting when they were kids....it kinda annoyed me in a way.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Best sitcom currently on TV?   Best sitcom currently on TV? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 7:48 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
It moved from them meeting in High School to them meeting when they were kids....it kinda annoyed me in a way.
The latest version has them meeting in the 90's.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Best sitcom currently on TV?   Best sitcom currently on TV? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 7:52 am

The Dude wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:

*facepalm*
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Best sitcom currently on TV?   Best sitcom currently on TV? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:18 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:

*facepalm*

Believe me, that's not the stupidest part of that episode.

Did you know Homer invented grunge?
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Best sitcom currently on TV?   Best sitcom currently on TV? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:32 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:

*facepalm*

Believe me, that's not the stupidest part of that episode.

Did you know Homer invented grunge?

.......*facepalm*
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Best sitcom currently on TV?   Best sitcom currently on TV? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 9:02 am

Eh, still makes more sense than half the shit Family guy gets away with every God damn episode.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best sitcom currently on TV?   Best sitcom currently on TV? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best sitcom currently on TV?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cinema Snob :: Other Stuff :: The Groove Tube-
Jump to: