The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Puppet Master has ten sequels

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tetsuryu

Tetsuryu

The Puppet Master has ten sequels Empty
PostSubject: The Puppet Master has ten sequels   The Puppet Master has ten sequels EmptyWed Oct 26, 2016 4:27 am

Guess now I know what I'm watching on Halloween.
Back to top Go down
http://takeshi666.dvdaf.com/
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: The Puppet Master has ten sequels   The Puppet Master has ten sequels EmptyWed Oct 26, 2016 6:10 am

there are a lot of good ones in that series, but be warned there's some shitty ones too. the best one easily is part 3 hands down. and no doubt when you see that one you may agree with me as well.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: The Puppet Master has ten sequels   The Puppet Master has ten sequels EmptyWed Oct 26, 2016 6:29 am

oh i forgot to add, there's 2 more on the way as well, one is the last sequel in the nazi Story that started i forget when, the next one takes place i believe in the 70's i think?
Back to top Go down
Tetsuryu

Tetsuryu

PostSubject: Re: The Puppet Master has ten sequels   The Puppet Master has ten sequels EmptyWed Oct 26, 2016 10:32 am

wildhoney66 wrote:
there are a lot of good ones in that series, but be warned there's some shitty ones too. the best one easily is part 3 hands down. and no doubt when you see that one you may agree with me as well.
I saw Leprechaun 4. I'm no stranger to shitty horror sequels.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: The Puppet Master has ten sequels   The Puppet Master has ten sequels EmptySat Oct 29, 2016 7:32 am

oh i figured that, for me, one that i really fucking hate is Curse of the puppetmaster. that one is fucking awful and easily is the worst one by far. the past couple however i haven't seen yet. i'd say the 1st 5 are the best ones. the 1st one is a decent one as is the 2nd one but Guy Rolfe is Fantastic as the puppetmaster. and i love William Hickey as the Original one but he's in like only 5 minutes of the 1st film. The Best Antimitronics.

which i just killed in the spelling, i have no idea how to spell it in short, so to explain better on what i am referring to the movement from the puppets is the best in the 2nd film because the guy who did it David Allen i think his name is? directed not only the film but he was the master at doing that.

it's sadly a lost art today and not used anymore in film.
Back to top Go down
Toyland Chairman

Toyland Chairman

PostSubject: Re: The Puppet Master has ten sequels   The Puppet Master has ten sequels EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 11:48 pm

The first five are the best. I personally don't mind 6 or 7 that much, but they are a clear step down. LEGACY may be the worst simply by default because it's a clip film. PUPPET MASTER VS DEMONIC TOYS has its moments, but isn't much of an improvement over some of the previous movies. The first two AXIS films are meh. There's two more coming. AXIS TERMINATION, and a reboot THE LITTLEST REICH. I haven't heard much about the reboot. I still wonder if it'll even get anywhere, but we'll have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: The Puppet Master has ten sequels   The Puppet Master has ten sequels EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 10:03 am

Legacy is medicore that prolly took maybe one day or two days to even film because like you said Sean it's a clip show more or less. for me the worst ones by FAR are Curse and the one with Corey Feldman was in. my god was that fucking awful i dunno what the hell they were smoking when they wrote that or made it for that matter but it had to be some good shit.

Retro though i do like and i was hoping they'd continue from that but the actor who played a young Toulan is no longer that age and i dunno what he looks like now but if he still looks young he MIGHT be convincing in the part. i haven't seen the ones from the past few years YET. to be fair.
Back to top Go down
Tetsuryu

Tetsuryu

PostSubject: Re: The Puppet Master has ten sequels   The Puppet Master has ten sequels EmptyTue Oct 24, 2017 11:55 pm

Man, I forgot about this thread - it might've helped to remember it a year ago when the movies were still fresh in my memory and not when I remember jack shit about them.

All I can say is that Legacy pissed me off for a number of reasons, one being a clip show yes, but another reason is the part where the villain just casually mention she killed the protagonist of parts 4 and 5. I hate the whole "survivor gets killed in the next movie" cliche in horror movies, but doing it offscreen feels like an even bigger insult. Granted, that should be a reason for me to hate Halloween 4 as well, but I didn't see that movie until years after H20.

Honestly, I don't think any of those movies were particularly good. Some were just worse than others. I did like Toulon's Revenge, even though you could tell the ruins were exactly the same as the alien planet in Dollman. Also it had like at least a 100% more Walter Gotell than the other ones which makes it better by default.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: The Puppet Master has ten sequels   The Puppet Master has ten sequels EmptyWed Oct 25, 2017 1:15 am

The first 5 are the best. i also didn't like the killing of i forget his name off screen as well. them saying Alex went mad in part 2 didn't make much sense either when Paul Le Mat didn't return for part 2. why? cause the character seemed all together, them killing the woman lead in part 2 saying she died i forget how was stupid as well. and i agree 100% them killing characters off screen is really fucking stupid.

i actually haven't seen all the recent puppetmasters films to be fair. it's a series that doesn't bother me that there's so many sequels cause they have sequels with Open fucking endings. i hate open endings in films as well, i am a Charles Band fan but he's got a habit of doing that, like i really liked The Dead hate the living when i saw it and i've seen it more than once. but i hate the ending cause it's never got a sequel cause it wasn't received well at all and i think i heard Charles Band even hates that film as well. it's not a great film by any means but it's not awful compared to some of the other Charles Band movies i've seen. it's more watchable than the 4th Subspecies film which is really hard to believe that was made by the same people as parts 1-3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Puppet Master has ten sequels   The Puppet Master has ten sequels Empty

Back to top Go down

The Puppet Master has ten sequels
Page 1 of 1