Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

i spit on your grave...2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
metateen

metateen

i spit on your grave...2 Empty
PostSubject: i spit on your grave...2   i spit on your grave...2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 8:57 am

I was browsing around my local movie spot and I came across this film. As unrated so a direct to DVD sequel to the remake that I'm sure someone asked for. Though before I purchase it does anyone have any experience with it?
Back to top Go down
Jabba the Slutt

Jabba the Slutt

PostSubject: Re: i spit on your grave...2   i spit on your grave...2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 10:34 am

More or less the same piece of shit as the remake but with worse pacing and even more over the top
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: i spit on your grave...2   i spit on your grave...2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 1:18 am

i haven't seen the remake. so i can't comment on that one. i really have no desire to see it either. my question is simply this WHY ? why in the fuck remake a piece a shit like that? but than again i also think since i think the original is a piece of shit. that i fucking fastworded through we used to have it on VHS & this is one film that i agree with Roger Ebert on how bad it is. though unlike him i will say i've seen far far worse.

how is the remake anyways? or the sequel to that as well? they any good?
Back to top Go down
Razzly

Razzly

PostSubject: Re: i spit on your grave...2   i spit on your grave...2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 7:42 am

Once wasn't enough, gotta dubs.

Back to top Go down
Skibz

Skibz

PostSubject: Re: i spit on your grave...2   i spit on your grave...2 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 6:30 pm

wildhoney66 wrote:
i haven't seen the remake. so i can't comment on that one. i really have no desire to see it either. my question is simply this WHY ? why in the fuck remake a piece a shit like that? but than again i also think since i think the original is a piece of shit. that i fucking fastworded through we used to have it on VHS & this is one film that i agree with Roger Ebert on how bad it is. though unlike him i will say i've seen far far worse.

how is the remake anyways? or the sequel to that as well? they any good?

I think 'I Spit on Your Grave' is excellent and rather well-made for the type of exploitation that it is. To paraphrase Brad from a Radiodrome I can't remember, if you think 'I Spit on Your Grave' is the worst movie you've ever seen, you haven't seen enough bad movies. But like it or not, the original is undeniably a well-known film, especially in horror circles, so it's no surprise there's a remake capitalizing on its infamy.

The remake isn't awful, but it's certainly not something I'd ever watch again for the rest of my life...it's just a loose remake made with all the cliches of modern horror films. The 'Saw'-like complexity of the way the lead kills the villains is what ruins it; it takes the raw grindhouse feel of the original and reduces it to cartoonish schlock. I didn't even know there was a sequel, but from what I can tell, it looks like a completely unrelated standalone movie which just slapped itself with a recognizable title to get attention. Can't say I have any interest in it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theskibz
ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory

PostSubject: Re: i spit on your grave...2   i spit on your grave...2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 1:00 am

At first I thought you were talking about the trashy knockoff I'LL SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE TOO from the 80s. So there's an actual sequel to the remake? good grief.
I .... don't like the original, exactly, but it didn't disgust me the way some exploitation movies do (the much lauded LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, for example, with its victim-shaming and shoehorned "humor" I thought was much worse. At least Jennifer in SPOYG is sympathetic). I've only seen little clips of the remake, it looked like a run-of-the-mill SAW knockoff. I can't imagine a DTV sequel would be any different.
Back to top Go down
http://anxietycloset.storenvy.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i spit on your grave...2   i spit on your grave...2 Empty

Back to top Go down

i spit on your grave...2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cinema Snob :: Other Stuff :: Theater of Blood-
Jump to: