The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The "Definitive Oral History" of MST3K

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hybrid Pig-Boy

Hybrid Pig-Boy

The "Definitive Oral History" of MST3K Empty
PostSubject: The "Definitive Oral History" of MST3K   The "Definitive Oral History" of MST3K EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 3:44 am

Wired posted an article on Mystery Science Theater 3000 today, and it's a really fascinating look into the creation and success of the show. One thing that I found hilarious is that they once considered Over-sexed Rugsuckers from Mars for inclusion on the show, and I find the prospect of Joel and the Bots riffing on a hobo fucking a vacuum cleaner to be hilarious.

http://www.wired.com/2014/04/mst3k-oral-history/
Back to top Go down
ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory

The "Definitive Oral History" of MST3K Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Definitive Oral History" of MST3K   The "Definitive Oral History" of MST3K EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 11:19 pm

That was an interesting read. Telling how they all kind of sidestep around Mallon. (Y'know, if I were Frank, I'd be pushing a little harder for royalties. He was a head writer - and if you've seen many pre-Frank episodes, you know how integral he was.)
I regret not catching Cinematic Titanic on their farewell tour so I'm glad Joel is working on another project.

oh BTW......ROWSDOWER!!
Back to top Go down
http://anxietycloset.storenvy.com

The "Definitive Oral History" of MST3K
Page 1 of 1