The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Movies that tricked me into being comedies

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

Movies that tricked me into being comedies Empty
PostSubject: Movies that tricked me into being comedies   Movies that tricked me into being comedies EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 9:19 am

Here are some movies I've seen that tricked me into being comedies.
Movies that appeared to look funny, but in reality, they weren't.

"Very Bad Things"
"Life"
Back to top Go down
jasn0_X

jasn0_X

PostSubject: Re: Movies that tricked me into being comedies   Movies that tricked me into being comedies EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 11:19 am

"Very Bad Things" is a dark comedy...

I've never seen "Life" but have heard stories that would make me think it is also a dark comedy.

Dark comedies are always weird and definitely seem to divide people heavily when it comes to liking them/disliking them...especially if you don't know its going to be that way.

I can't think of any depressing comedies like that I didn't see coming. Though on the opposite end I expected "The Spirit" to be a serious movie when it turned out to be a campy comedy in the style of 60s Batman. I liked it, but can see where it definitely would have pissed a lot of viewers off.
Back to top Go down
ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory

PostSubject: T   Movies that tricked me into being comedies EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 1:10 am

LARS & THE REAL GIRL, SUPER, and IN BRUGES all were marketed like silly lightweight comedies and all turned out to be pretty serious - and in SUPER's case, pretty dark - movies with comic interjections. (That said, I really like all three of those movies.)

I know a lot of people were pissed off by INGLORIOUS BASTERDS, with the trailers making it look like a modern/comedic DIRTY DOZEN and instead it was....well, a Tarantino movie, with subtitles. It's my second-favorite QT movie after RESERVOIR DOGS, but it pissed a lot of people off.

Most of Apatow's recent stuff has turned out pretty depressing, although I don't know if that's necessarily because they were marketed as lighter than they really were or that they were just objectively terrible....
Back to top Go down
http://anxietycloset.storenvy.com
The_Stone_Guest

PostSubject: Re: Movies that tricked me into being comedies   Movies that tricked me into being comedies EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 6:40 am

What about movies that you check out because you think they're going to be serious dramas, but wind up being comedies?
Back to top Go down
http://the-stone-guest.livejournal.com/
perkele

perkele

PostSubject: Re: Movies that tricked me into being comedies   Movies that tricked me into being comedies EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 5:09 pm

Hercules in New York - worst_arnold_movie_EVER! I didn't expect much, except maybe a giant goofy campfest. I got nothing. I laughed few times out of desperation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies that tricked me into being comedies   Movies that tricked me into being comedies Empty

Back to top Go down

Movies that tricked me into being comedies
Page 1 of 1