The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Pro-Wrestling Thread?

Go down 
+2
ermac
TheCinemaCynic
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TheCinemaCynic

TheCinemaCynic

The Pro-Wrestling Thread? Empty
PostSubject: The Pro-Wrestling Thread?   The Pro-Wrestling Thread? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 2:07 am

Anyone here watch(or use to watch) Wrestling? WWE, TNA, ROH, PWG, Anything.

Personally I haven't been keeping up with Wrestling lately cuz it's all uber shit. I'm stating to get back into the indy promotions tho. I went to DGUSA's first Anniversary show with Brian Danielson vs Shingo. Fucking legendary night.
Back to top Go down
ermac

PostSubject: Re: The Pro-Wrestling Thread?   The Pro-Wrestling Thread? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 2:26 am

I used to watch WWF/E constantly in the periods of 1999-2005 but then it got really boring/stupid/childish and I started just checking out the website like when i remember to, to check whats going on. Speaking of which *goes to check wwe.com* Well what do you know, its full of "OMFG JOHN CENA DOES THIS OR THAT W00T!!!". Glad to see that hasn't changed for the last 5 years... Damn I miss WWF... I don't watch TNA, because we didn't get it on cable for quite some time, but I watched some episodes on Eurosport, when they were mostly doing X-Division matches which were entertaining as hell. But now from what I gather its become the place where ex-wwe wrestlers go to after they are released from wwe.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Pro-Wrestling Thread?   The Pro-Wrestling Thread? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 3:44 am

I watched the WWF in the late 90's and early 2000's, you know, back when it still was the WWF. They were pretty good times for a while, but eventually, shot just got stupid.
Back to top Go down
TheCinemaCynic

TheCinemaCynic

PostSubject: Re: The Pro-Wrestling Thread?   The Pro-Wrestling Thread? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 4:24 am

ermac wrote:
I used to watch WWF/E constantly in the periods of 1999-2005 but then it got really boring/stupid/childish and I started just checking out the website like when i remember to, to check whats going on. Speaking of which *goes to check wwe.com* Well what do you know, its full of "OMFG JOHN CENA DOES THIS OR THAT W00T!!!". Glad to see that hasn't changed for the last 5 years... Damn I miss WWF... I don't watch TNA, because we didn't get it on cable for quite some time, but I watched some episodes on Eurosport, when they were mostly doing X-Division matches which were entertaining as hell. But now from what I gather its become the place where ex-wwe wrestlers go to after they are released from wwe.

Yeah that pretty much sums up the current state of wrestling. I starting watching it in 2005 so I saw the WWE on it's last legs. I have a bunch of old WWF tapes of all the shows from 97 till 04 so even tho I was never around for wrestling when it was good, I kinda was in a way.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: The Pro-Wrestling Thread?   The Pro-Wrestling Thread? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 5:47 am

I did go see a few WWF matches when they came to Tampa, and actually had a pretty good time. Couldn't understand what they were saying down on ring-level, but whatever. Wrestling back then wasn't quite as dialogue heavy as it is now anyways.
Back to top Go down
Eckertmania

Eckertmania

PostSubject: Re: The Pro-Wrestling Thread?   The Pro-Wrestling Thread? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 5:50 am

I used to be a huge wrestling fan. I still have a ton of the DVDs, but I just can't watch the modern stuff anymore. It's just so boring and telegraphed.
Back to top Go down
http://asliceomind.wordpress.com/
Thecigarsnob

Thecigarsnob

PostSubject: Re: The Pro-Wrestling Thread?   The Pro-Wrestling Thread? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 1:59 pm

Eckertmania wrote:
I used to be a huge wrestling fan. I still have a ton of the DVDs, but I just can't watch the modern stuff anymore. It's just so boring and telegraphed.

i have to completely agree with you on that!

i was a big Hulk Hogan/Undertaker fan, then when the WCW/nWo Angle started up in late 97 until WWF bought the wcw.

since then, it's big nothing more than a crapfest.

the mid 90's had the best storylines like the undertaker vs steve austin feud.

today outside of john cena, there isn't any household names.
Back to top Go down
http://jasonknightonline.com
ermac

PostSubject: Re: The Pro-Wrestling Thread?   The Pro-Wrestling Thread? EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 1:49 am

FINALLY, The Rock has come back!
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: The Pro-Wrestling Thread?   The Pro-Wrestling Thread? EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 2:06 am

If Rowdy Roddy Piper isn't involved, I am not interested. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Pro-Wrestling Thread?   The Pro-Wrestling Thread? Empty

Back to top Go down

The Pro-Wrestling Thread?
Page 1 of 1