The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Disney VHS Boxes?

Go down 
+5
Screwadu
TK6530
The Original Greaser Bob
DrProfessor
LucasChad
9 posters
AuthorMessage
LucasChad

LucasChad

Disney VHS Boxes? Empty
PostSubject: Disney VHS Boxes?   Disney VHS Boxes? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 6:38 am

Would it be possible to do VHS boxes of many of the classic Disney animated films? Disney was the best studio to release animated films in those large whitel clamshell boxes. I remember video stores would stockpile their family section with those boxes. It's almost endless! I would like to see Vic make a video tribute of those boxes with maybe Brad's pick for the ultimate Disney animated movie. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
DrProfessor

DrProfessor

Disney VHS Boxes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney VHS Boxes?   Disney VHS Boxes? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 6:39 am

I vote little mermaid big box with the penis in the castle.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/travis.whilden
LucasChad

LucasChad

Disney VHS Boxes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney VHS Boxes?   Disney VHS Boxes? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 6:42 am

Good one man!
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

Disney VHS Boxes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney VHS Boxes?   Disney VHS Boxes? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 6:51 am

I always wondered why it was apparently mandatory for family films, animated ones in particular, to be released in the bulky clamshells. Made shelving them a pain in the ass.
Back to top Go down
DrProfessor

DrProfessor

Disney VHS Boxes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney VHS Boxes?   Disney VHS Boxes? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 6:55 am

Goblin Jim wrote:
I always wondered why it was apparently mandatory for family films, animated ones in particular, to be released in the bulky clamshells. Made shelving them a pain in the ass.
So, kids couldnt destroy them as easily.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/travis.whilden
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

Disney VHS Boxes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney VHS Boxes?   Disney VHS Boxes? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 6:58 am

DrProfessor wrote:
Goblin Jim wrote:
So, kids couldnt destroy them as easily.
Huh, surprising foresight/actually giving a damn on Disney's part.
Back to top Go down
TK6530

TK6530

Disney VHS Boxes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney VHS Boxes?   Disney VHS Boxes? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 7:42 am

I have Nemo on VHS, probably one of the last Disney VHS releases. It's on a clamshell tho, not a big box, I don't thing the big box format was ever released in Argentina I don't remember ever seeing one, the local VHS companies here always released on clamshells.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1169421867#!/profile.php?
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

Disney VHS Boxes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney VHS Boxes?   Disney VHS Boxes? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 7:51 am

TK6530 wrote:
I have Nemo on VHS, probably one of the last Disney VHS releases. It's on a clamshell tho, not a big box, I don't thing the big box format was ever released in Argentina I don't remember ever seeing one, the local VHS companies here always released on clamshells.
Disney never did the Big Box in the US as far as I can remember, just clamshells.
Back to top Go down
Screwadu

Screwadu

Disney VHS Boxes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney VHS Boxes?   Disney VHS Boxes? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 7:55 am

I vote for Song of the South, because I am a troublemaker.
Back to top Go down
http://thetexasunderground.blogspot.com/
InternationalKleinBlue

InternationalKleinBlue

Disney VHS Boxes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney VHS Boxes?   Disney VHS Boxes? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 8:02 am

You mean those damn movies that people having yard sales price at $5 when all their other VHS tapes are a quarter?
Back to top Go down
Conan the Librarian

Conan the Librarian

Disney VHS Boxes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney VHS Boxes?   Disney VHS Boxes? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 9:54 am

Made a cool $100 garage selling my x-wifes disney collection. I can still hear her scream of terror through the phone. Lifes a bitch and then you lie to a dude about being on birth control.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

Disney VHS Boxes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney VHS Boxes?   Disney VHS Boxes? EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 9:59 am

InternationalKleinBlue wrote:
You mean those damn movies that people having yard sales price at $5 when all their other VHS tapes are a quarter?
The very same.
Back to top Go down
polygonalchemist

Disney VHS Boxes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney VHS Boxes?   Disney VHS Boxes? EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 5:08 pm

I really want to say that at one point Disney actually tried to sue to keep other companies that made children's movies from using the same white clamshell design. I'm not sure, though, does anyone else remember that? It was kind of their trademark for a while, but of course later on other companies that released kids films started doing it too.

I remember seeing the alternate version of "The Little Mermaid" which some other company put out in a very disney-esc box while Disney's version was in theaters hoping to confuse people. It wasn't bad from what I recall and had a much darker ending (which is true to the original story).
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

Disney VHS Boxes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney VHS Boxes?   Disney VHS Boxes? EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 9:03 am

polygonalchemist wrote:
It wasn't bad from what I recall and had a much darker ending (which is true to the original story).
Does she disintegrate into sea-foam?
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

Disney VHS Boxes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney VHS Boxes?   Disney VHS Boxes? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:49 am

i have a few clamshells as well. i have an unopened copy of either 'Aladdin" or 'Beauty & The Beast" i forget which?

1st edition i guess you could call it, since they have long since re-released the film quite a few times since than. how much do you think it's worth? just out of curiosity? & yes those clamshell's are exactly what you find at Garage Sales.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Disney VHS Boxes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney VHS Boxes?   Disney VHS Boxes? Empty

Back to top Go down

Disney VHS Boxes?
Page 1 of 1