The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Get to know your fellow Snobaholics

Go down 
+76
Dantez
forestofthedead
80'sDavid
perkele
Tabascofanatikerin
Vendaval FJ
O'Hara
unrealbe
Dyson sphere
Dr. Poqui-chan
AssimanDHI
obin_gam
Son Of Jack Deth
relauby
UnknownKadath
Fargoth
BaphometConsumed
fasterwhatever
Bassbait
OrlandoEastwood
Frank Rizzo
GasmaskAvenger
Conan the Librarian
Mondo a Go-Go
TheCinemaCynic
IAKO
The Man in Black
ItTakesANinja
shaun millington
ermac
Kaneda
Mother of Invention
anothercafejava
Invisible Crane
Thecigarsnob
KevinFord
Slait
Nephilim
joeybucks
Scooter Hawk
melamserious
Tommy Wiseau
Nilbog302
Griff Morivan
gregmcduck
Foolish Goat
Tobbii
T-800
Super Force
guudermann
DarthThought
jbuck
WrecklessEating
Entertainer13
JustinDP
Tooladdict195
A Cockatrice
MagnaRyu
JennyWoreBlack
FoxieKitten
danethefurry
New Blood
tonythe chosen
InternationalKleinBlue
rathkor
UnholyMephistopheles
bloodypitofhorror
DER_METZGERMEISTER
Screwadu
TK6530
The Original Greaser Bob
Cactus_Matt
LucasChad
DrProfessor
Eckertmania
80 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Get to know your fellow Snobaholics   Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 7:51 am

Fargoth wrote:
The Dude wrote:
@Fargoth

Do you mind if I take back that ring i gave you at the beginnign of the game? It's just that, I hardly ever go to Seyda Neen, so the discount I get at Arrille's isn't as valuable to me as the ring is.

I would, but the strange thing is, last time I checked my secret hiding spot the ring and all my gold were gone. Personally I think that jerk Hrisskar had something to do with it, but since he's much bigger than me I don't ask.
Plus, he's a legionnaire, and you know how those type tend to stick together.
Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

Location : I live in my namesake, of course!.. Okay, in real life - Japan.

PostSubject: Re: Get to know your fellow Snobaholics   Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:49 pm

Kadath is indeed my real name, but I chose to reference the book it came from in my nickname obviously. 21, live in Utah (Wish I didn't) but have spent most of my life between Japan and my hometown of Birmingham, UK. Hoping to go back to one of them someday soon, but I have some business here right now. I'm a writer and I love psychological and physiological horror. Thankfully, my wife Chie loves that stuff too. I work as a projectionist at a local underground movie theatre/rental store that focuses on Independent, cult, classic, and foreign films. The Cinema Snob is easily my favourite internet critic - just barely surpassing the NC. He just gets better and better, I'd say the new snobs always make me and my wife fall over laughing. Plus he fills a few niches that other web critics don't touch usually.

Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Get to know your fellow Snobaholics   Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 3:17 am

UnknownKadath wrote:
I work as a projectionist at a local underground movie theatre/rental store that focuses on Independent, cult, classic, and foreign films.
I'd be happy just to have a place like that nearby, let alone work at it.
Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: Get to know your fellow Snobaholics   Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 10:32 pm

The Dude wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:
I work as a projectionist at a local underground movie theatre/rental store that focuses on Independent, cult, classic, and foreign films.
I'd be happy just to have a place like that nearby, let alone work at it.

Yeah, it's a theatre called The Tower and is on 9th and 9th - one of the few places in Utah I actually like. I really hate it here but the Tower always made me happy, so I applied for a job when we came back here in '08 and started working the Rental desk, later the projection booth. I still do both though I rarely do the rental desk anymore since I'm nocturnal anyways and am one of the few employees willing to stay up there for three midnight showings in a row. It cheers me up being in a place away from all the Prejudice, uptight weirdos, or jocks/emos/etc.

It is a shame that the theatre is so run down though, if it weren't for the Rocky Horror screenings, festivals and support from the Salt Lake Film Society; it'd have sunk a long time ago. In fact it almost shared the same fate of another Historical theatre in Utah known as The Villa; turned into a bloody rug gallery. Thankfully Sundance movies started showing up and we started doing RHPS for the last week of October instead of just Halloween, and saved the place. At least it is a fun place to be, especially when RHPS rolls around. Sometimes my wife & I even play in the Shadow-Cast, as Magenta and Riff-Raff.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Get to know your fellow Snobaholics   Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 3:53 am

UnknownKadath wrote:
It is a shame that the theatre is so run down though, if it weren't for the Rocky Horror screenings, festivals and support from the Salt Lake Film Society; it'd have sunk a long time ago. In fact it almost shared the same fate of another Historical theatre in Utah known as The Villa; turned into a bloody rug gallery. Thankfully Sundance movies started showing up and we started doing RHPS for the last week of October instead of just Halloween, and saved the place. At least it is a fun place to be, especially when RHPS rolls around. Sometimes my wife & I even play in the Shadow-Cast, as Magenta and Riff-Raff.
Probably explains why there are so few places like that around. It's hard to keep it together these days.
Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: Get to know your fellow Snobaholics   Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 7:22 am

The Dude wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:
Probably explains why there are so few places like that around. It's hard to keep it together these days.

Yeah, I guess. I do once again have to stress "Utah" though. It's annoying how the state controls the cineplexes and often picks what movies play based on content complaints. The Tower often doesn't show mainstream releases until later points when they're getting showcased or something, I think I mentioned the fact that the True Grit remake didn't show up for some reason (I guess someone complained, though wasn't it just PG-13...?) which annoyed me. Limited releases rarely ever show up here, I wouldn't have seen Black Swan had I not badgered the Tower to include it since they were doing an Aronofsky tribute. D'oh well.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Get to know your fellow Snobaholics   Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 11:09 am

UnknownKadath wrote:
The Dude wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:

Yeah, I guess. I do once again have to stress "Utah" though. It's annoying how the state controls the cineplexes and often picks what movies play based on content complaints. The Tower often doesn't show mainstream releases until later points when they're getting showcased or something, I think I mentioned the fact that the True Grit remake didn't show up for some reason (I guess someone complained, though wasn't it just PG-13...?) which annoyed me. Limited releases rarely ever show up here, I wouldn't have seen Black Swan had I not badgered the Tower to include it since they were doing an Aronofsky tribute. D'oh well.
Oh, right. I've never actually been to Utah, so I forgot just how tight-assed the local government is there.
Back to top Go down
UnknownKadath

UnknownKadath

PostSubject: Re: Get to know your fellow Snobaholics   Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 2:37 am

The Dude wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:
The Dude wrote:
UnknownKadath wrote:

Oh, right. I've never actually been to Utah, so I forgot just how tight-assed the local government is there.

Yeah. I honestly hate it here, however I need to help my family get on their feet and help my half-brother in that regard as well; so my wife & I are staying here. We're hoping that once the dust clears we can return to Japan though, which is really my true home. We have a nice little home in Shirakawa-Go, a historical village that is quite nice. I also hope to relocate my parents back where they belong in Birmingham, where I was born.

Utah just drives me mad. The only places I like are 9th and 9th (Which includes our theatre), the desert, the mountains and my local comics store. I don't even read comics that much but I love the guy that owns the place, he's a lot of fun to be around.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: Get to know your fellow Snobaholics   Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 5:43 am

Hi. I'm Stephen. I don't really do much in particular. I watch movies as a hobby, but not nearly as much as some guys. Like, I've never seen every movie by any director. Other than that, I don't do too much other nerdy stuff. I don't watch TV, I've never read a comic book, and I don't play many video games (although there are a nice bit of SNES games I love). That's it, really. Also, I'm from Newfoundland. It's super fucking cold.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Get to know your fellow Snobaholics   Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 9:21 am

Relauby wrote:
Hi. I'm Stephen. I don't really do much in particular. I watch movies as a hobby, but not nearly as much as some guys. Like, I've never seen every movie by any director. Other than that, I don't do too much other nerdy stuff. I don't watch TV, I've never read a comic book, and I don't play many video games (although there are a nice bit of SNES games I love). That's it, really. Also, I'm from Newfoundland. It's super fucking cold.

How warm was it yesterday? I'm in Ontario, and it was like 10 degrees.
Back to top Go down
Son Of Jack Deth

Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: Get to know your fellow Snobaholics   Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 9:31 am

Guess I forgot to introduce myself...

Obviously, I am a bit older than most here and have been a lover of movies since I was a child. I almost made into the film business until a string of unfortunate events changed the direction of my life. I still am writing stories and trying to make films, but it is not the most important part of my life.

Personal info: I am a born again Christian. I adore b-movies. I am currently working on a podcast called "Erase/Rewind" which if I can get the people together will be happening very soon. I also hope to start production on a low budget film by early next year... we shall see.

I really don't know what else to add as I am not used to posting bio information. Smile
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Get to know your fellow Snobaholics   Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 12:25 pm

UnknownKadath wrote:
The only places I like are 9th and 9th (Which includes our theatre), the desert, the mountains and my local comics store. I don't even read comics that much but I love the guy that owns the place, he's a lot of fun to be around.
Any port in a storm.
Back to top Go down
relauby

relauby

PostSubject: Re: Get to know your fellow Snobaholics   Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 6:27 pm

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Relauby wrote:

How warm was it yesterday? I'm in Ontario, and it was like 10 degrees.
It wasn't too bad yesterday. I think it was around -1 or so.
Back to top Go down
obin_gam

obin_gam

PostSubject: Re: Get to know your fellow Snobaholics   Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 3:23 pm

Hello! My name is Robin, 24 year old dude from Sweden. Currently studying for a future of teaching english and SO (sort of a combination of history, religion and geography) for junior high.

I got my interests for alternative and cult cinema while working in such a store a few years ago... obscure and weird (and x-rentals) tapes are awesome! Never ceases to amaze me what kind of movies were made back in the old days haha I was born 20 years to late Sad

Found the snob site about exactly a year ago I think, easily the best and funniest of the TGWTG-crew! I really hope to see reviews of actual good movies some day to Smile

Favourite actress: Ingrid Pitt ("The Vampire Lovers" is probably one of the hottest films ever made!)
Favourite movie: Life of Brian
Favourite company: Hammer
Favourite hate: Jess Franco - seriously, i cant stand any of that guys movies! they are unwatchable!!
Music: industrial-, proggressive-, and some black metal...if its catchy....
Favourite game: Yoshi's Island on the SNES

Anything more... eh, I think that'll do for now. Cheers

EDIT: oh I remembered something; since i'm about 10 hours ahead of most of you guys, i'll be the most active while you are asleep and therefore I'll perhaps not always be quick to answer posts Sad
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Get to know your fellow Snobaholics   Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 8:53 am

Fortunately I tend to be active at night and sleep through the early day.
Back to top Go down
Thecigarsnob

Thecigarsnob

PostSubject: Re: Get to know your fellow Snobaholics   Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 3:51 pm

The Dude wrote:
Fortunately I tend to be active at night and sleep through the early day.

Same here..

since i work the graveyard/morning drive shift, i get off work around 9-ish Am and i usually crawl into bed and sleep til 6 or 7 at night.
Back to top Go down
http://jasonknightonline.com

▲

PostSubject: Re: Get to know your fellow Snobaholics   Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 10:28 am

Sup fellow Snobros

I'm ▲ and i am currently a student working on my Master's of Architecture degree. I have a great love of the fine arts and an equally great love of the low arts (which is probably why I'm here).
I am a musician and a music aficionado and have gathered a rather respectable collection of discs and instruments (I can even play most of them).
I love film and while my favorite films tend to be of the art-house persuasion I love me some b-movies and exploitation films.
I also am an avid fan of video games.

Here are my 4x4s

Movies:

Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 4x4_movies

Music:

Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 4x4_music

Games:

Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 4x4_games
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Get to know your fellow Snobaholics   Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 10:48 am

Those are some pretty cool 4X4's TAFKAT (The Artist Formally Known As Triangle).
Back to top Go down
AssimanDHI

PostSubject: Re: Get to know your fellow Snobaholics   Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 9:53 pm

Snobaholics? Why not just "Snobs"? or "Artfags"?

I like Brad's stuff usually and I'm an alcoholic some times (too often). Nice to meet you.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Get to know your fellow Snobaholics   Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 6:14 am

▲ wrote:
Here are my 4x4s

Movies:

Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 4x4_movies

Music:

Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 4x4_music

Games:

Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 4x4_games
I see some good jank in there.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Poqui-chan

Dr. Poqui-chan

PostSubject: Re: Get to know your fellow Snobaholics   Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 10:44 am

I'm much more of a comics, cartoons, anime, manga buff than I am a movie buff. When I'm able to make posts of actual worth will be very rare on this forum, but I love Brad and all of his series so I figured I'd join the forums anyway.
Also mega64.
Back to top Go down
Dyson sphere

Dyson sphere

PostSubject: Re: Get to know your fellow Snobaholics   Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 10:50 pm

This 4x4 is a cool idea. Now I did this, too.
Films:
Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 Films-1
Music:
Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 Music-1
Games:
Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 Games-1

I tried to keep the obvious picks to a minimum but also not to pick obscure stuff exclusively.
Back to top Go down
unrealbe

unrealbe

PostSubject: Re: Get to know your fellow Snobaholics   Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 11:31 pm

I love the rare and obscure.
VHS and vinyl lives.
Also troma sucks but I still watch every damn thing they make.
Back to top Go down
O'Hara

O'Hara

PostSubject: Re: Get to know your fellow Snobaholics   Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 3:50 am

I've lurked around here for awhile and figured I might as well make an account.

My name is O'Hara, I'm 19 and live in witch capital of the US (globe?) Salem Massachusetts. I'm a photographer by trade (http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/048/2/c/arcade_by_wh33z3r-d39rv7a.jpg) that does sporadic work with people. The highlight of my work was winning 2nd place in a Boston Globe photo contest for all of Massachusetts... and I still get flooded by mail from art colleges Neutral

Other interests of mine are history, silent films, motorsport, hockey, games, music... ect, you get the picture.

Favorite Movie: Nosferatu (1922)
Favorite musical genre: Gabber/Dutch Hardcore (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds8EJmiC3tg)
Favorite game: Tie between Elder Scrolls: Morrowind and Diablo II

Yep, that's me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/o101011o
Vendaval FJ

Vendaval FJ

PostSubject: Re: Get to know your fellow Snobaholics   Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 5:46 am

Film student and owner of Forgotten Junk, updates whenever my computer is working and an avid collector of rare shit.
Back to top Go down
http://forgottenjunk.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Get to know your fellow Snobaholics   Get to know your fellow Snobaholics - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Get to know your fellow Snobaholics
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cinema Snob :: Other Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: