Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Dwayne Johnson as Luke Cage.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Randy Spears

PostSubject: Dwayne Johnson as Luke Cage.    Sat May 18, 2013 6:25 am

I heard rumors around wrestling websites that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, will play Luke Cage in a new movie. I'm not a big fan of Cage, but this is almost spot on casting.

I remember back in the day there was talk that John Singleton was going to direct a Luke Cage movie with Tyrese Gibson as the main character. Then they had a falling out and it was going to be Terrence Howard. But I guess the movie fell through until now.

I like the choice. Dwayne Johnson, plays a super hero when he's in the WWE, it's about time he gets a chance to play one in a movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChaosTheory

PostSubject: Re: Dwayne Johnson as Luke Cage.    Mon May 20, 2013 1:08 am

Hmmm...I like Johnson, but I would really rather if they make a Luke Cage movie it not be directed by John Singleton; he's really not good with action flicks. SHAFT was pretty blah and ABDUCTION was terrible. I'd rather see the Hughes Bros. tackle it, if we're choosing strictly from black directors (and if not my first pick would be Brad Bird, because he's my first pick for pretty much everything).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://anxietycloset.storenvy.com
Randy Spears

PostSubject: Re: Dwayne Johnson as Luke Cage.    Mon May 20, 2013 1:45 am

ChaosTheory wrote:
Hmmm...I like Johnson, but I would really rather if they make a Luke Cage movie it not be directed by John Singleton; he's really not good with action flicks. SHAFT was pretty blah and ABDUCTION was terrible. I'd rather see the Hughes Bros. tackle it, if we're choosing strictly from black directors (and if not my first pick would be Brad Bird, because he's my first pick for pretty much everything).

He was going to direct it a long time ago. I don't know if he will now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Dwayne Johnson as Luke Cage.    Mon May 20, 2013 1:59 am

what comic is he from anyways? it's been so long since i read some of it i can't even remember. only thing i can think of now is Nic Cage getting his last name from that comic. his love of the comic. speaking of i'm surprised he hasn't played him yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChaosTheory

PostSubject: Re: Dwayne Johnson as Luke Cage.    Mon May 20, 2013 2:08 am

wildhoney66 wrote:
what comic is he from anyways? it's been so long since i read some of it i can't even remember. only thing i can think of now is Nic Cage getting his last name from that comic. his love of the comic. speaking of i'm surprised he hasn't played him yet.

He's a Marvel character, sometimes goes by Power Man; he was in The Avengers at some point. He has super strength and nearly indestructible skin.
Much as I like Nic Cage, him playing Luke Cage would be, well, problematic.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://anxietycloset.storenvy.com
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Dwayne Johnson as Luke Cage.    Mon May 20, 2013 3:30 am

well i didn't say he would be great at it. i just said i'm surprised he hasn't tried to play him. actually now that i think about it i was prolly thinking of Nick Fury. i read some of his comics thorugh the various comics he was in. and he's a favorite chracteter of mine. even though in the comics if memory serves me right he was a white dude not a black one. with Sam Jackson playing him in the films.

and i remember when they in the comics killed him off i was pissed off about it to be honest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dwayne Johnson as Luke Cage.    

Back to top Go down

Dwayne Johnson as Luke Cage.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1