Pierre Kirby Approved.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Rate the Song above you

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage


avatar

Posts : 62
Join date : 2011-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:08 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Again, personal attacks aren't the best route to take this thread. If you don't want to turn it into a long argument, then calling a someone a "huge blubbering vagina" isn't a good idea. If you want to continue this in PM form, go ahead - just remember that insults and sweeping over-generalizations won't get you guys anywhere.
Sorry I'm just pissed because this guy keeps sending me his essays on why I should love everything he posts.

Not a huge fan of early thrash but this is definitely one of the better examples of it.
6.5/10



how about some chillwave:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OriginalHorndog

avatar

Posts : 48
Join date : 2011-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:30 am

▲ wrote:
I'm just pissed because this guy keeps sending me his essays on why I should love everything he posts

If you cannot tell the difference between respecting other people's musical tastes and "loving everything [I] post", there's no hope for you. I didn't ask anyone to "love" what I posted, but to listen to a song from an unbiased perspective, not just go "crap, crap, crap, crap, crap", no matter what musical validity a song may have. Also, if you don't like me telling you that you didn't do your research, then do your research instead of making blatantly false statements. And try not trolling - if you really believe that fans of music that you personally don't care for deserve genocide, you really are a fascist, despite claiming to be a Left-wing socialist in your last PM (and, not to get into a political argument here, but I don't like Left-wingers either, and especially not socialists).

As for the above song, 4/10. There's not much happening. It sounds like something that was automatically generated by a program instead of something that someone actually put thought and effort into. There's not a lot of construction into that song, and it sounds like it was intended to aid sleep instead of serve as a form of music that someone would actually listen to for enjoyment.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horndogs1.blogspot.com
Tommy Wiseau

avatar

Posts : 369
Join date : 2011-01-19
Age : 23
Location : Back East. Where back East? Different places!

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:58 am

Okay, don't bring politics into this. Just keep what you say in PMs.

The above song is awesome. 9/10

Back to top Go down
View user profile


avatar

Posts : 62
Join date : 2011-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:11 am

Stop shitting up the thread if I don't answer your PM I'm not going to argue about it here ether

also keep in mind 5/10 is average in my opinion.

There you go.
Love Ornette Coleman. Not my favorite but definitely some high quality there.
8/10

Got ninja'd

Not the biggest Who fan in the world but I'm lovin that song.
9/10



Back to top Go down
View user profile
OriginalHorndog

avatar

Posts : 48
Join date : 2011-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:34 am

▲ wrote:
Stop shitting up the thread if I don't answer your PM I'm not going to argue about it here ether

also keep in mind 5/10 is average in my opinion.

I don't want to argue about anything, I just don't want to hear anything that's purely elitist and not at all subjective.

Good thing that I didn't rate your last song 5/10, because that would imply that it was average, when it was boring and below average. Also, fair would be if you rated any of my other songs 5/10 instead of saying 2/10, 1/10, as if I was posting bottom-of-the-barrel garbage.

Above song: 5/10

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horndogs1.blogspot.com
Dyson sphere

avatar

Posts : 27
Join date : 2011-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:04 pm

7/10
It was alright.

Back to top Go down
View user profile


avatar

Posts : 62
Join date : 2011-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:38 pm

OriginalHorndog wrote:
Good thing that I didn't rate your last song 5/10, because that would imply that it was average, when it was boring and below average. Also, fair would be if you rated any of my other songs 5/10 instead of saying 2/10, 1/10, as if I was posting bottom-of-the-barrel garbage.
FUCK OFF.
You obviously want to argue because you keep responding to my posts in a hostile manner. PM me if you want to bitch about my posts.

on to the song:
it's like I'm really playing castlevania.
5/10



Back to top Go down
View user profile
yakityyakblah

avatar

Posts : 215
Join date : 2011-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:08 pm

8/10 Wanted to get to this before everyone else so someone doesn't say something like how she can't sing...



Not exactly high concept, but since we were on the subject of Castlevania.
Back to top Go down
View user profile


avatar

Posts : 62
Join date : 2011-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:18 pm

yakityyakblah wrote:
8/10 Wanted to get to this before everyone else so someone doesn't say something like how she can't sing...
glad you did


not really keen on the whole nes metal covers. Probably because I never thought the original material was all that good. but w/e it's competently done.
6/10



lets get some more prog in this thread:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OriginalHorndog

avatar

Posts : 48
Join date : 2011-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:26 am

▲ wrote:
FUCK OFF.
You obviously want to argue because you keep responding to my posts in a hostile manner. PM me if you want to bitch about my posts.

What "hostile"? I didn't tell YOU to "fuck off", for one.

Anyway, for the above track: 9/10

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horndogs1.blogspot.com


avatar

Posts : 62
Join date : 2011-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:19 pm

laughed at the intro but the actual song was pretty standard rap fare. Pretty boring.
4/10



Back to top Go down
View user profile
OriginalHorndog

avatar

Posts : 48
Join date : 2011-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:00 am

8/10 Completely disagree about the Dayton Family song.

And now for something completely different: country/punk/metal.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horndogs1.blogspot.com
IAKO



Posts : 83
Join date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:50 pm

6/10
Not great, not bad, maybe I need to hear more of that.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
yakityyakblah

avatar

Posts : 215
Join date : 2011-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:03 am

8/10 that was pretty neat, kind of sounds like it should be part of a musical or a Disney film.



Some more Hank Williams the third here. He is in fact the grandson of Hank Williams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OriginalHorndog

avatar

Posts : 48
Join date : 2011-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:20 am

9/10 Hank III is great



^ The pigs' voices are by Maynard James Keenan of Tool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horndogs1.blogspot.com
IAKO



Posts : 83
Join date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:01 am

8/10
Pretty damn funny and the video is just perfect.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
A Cockatrice

avatar

Posts : 184
Join date : 2011-01-19
Location : Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:18 pm

I dig it, good classic rock that has its own style. 9/10


Here's some Avant-Garde metal from Sweden

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dyson sphere

avatar

Posts : 27
Join date : 2011-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:47 pm

A Cockatrice wrote:
I dig it, good classic rock that has its own style. 9/10


Here's some Avant-Garde metal from Sweden

Spoiler:
 
First I thought I knew what was coming at me, but the Swedish singing blew me away in spite of everything.
10/10 I am not ashamed of using the highest ranking so very often as I do. I am but easy to amuse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OriginalHorndog

avatar

Posts : 48
Join date : 2011-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:03 am

8/10

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horndogs1.blogspot.com
barrylikesbnbns

avatar

Posts : 61
Join date : 2011-02-26
Age : 26
Location : Worcs, UK

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:26 am

Oh wow I love metal with rap. RATM, Limp, Linkin.

9/10

Back to top Go down
View user profile
IAKO



Posts : 83
Join date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:22 am

7/10
Fun song, easy to listen to.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dyson sphere

avatar

Posts : 27
Join date : 2011-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:33 pm

6/10. The singer annoyed me a bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OriginalHorndog

avatar

Posts : 48
Join date : 2011-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:08 am

9/10 Now, some hardcore punk and reggae.



Last edited by OriginalHorndog on Sun May 01, 2011 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horndogs1.blogspot.com
Dyson sphere

avatar

Posts : 27
Join date : 2011-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:25 pm

I do not give a crap about the lyrics, muffled and too fast for me. Ignoring the lyrics, the song is pretty cool, though. More like two songs. I like the second part better.
8/10

Back to top Go down
View user profile
IAKO



Posts : 83
Join date : 2011-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:39 am

8.5/10
Oh man, that makes me nostalgic.


- If you want to skip the little sketch at the beginning, the song starts at 1:28.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   

Back to top Go down
 
Rate the Song above you
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Review the song above, then post another
» Central Bank called on to be more open, justify exchange rate policy
» Why Rate For 3 Months FDs the Highest?
» Interest Rate Forecast
» fixed rate or floating rate

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cinema Snob :: Other Stuff :: Odyssey 2000-
Jump to: