Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Rate the Song above you

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:26 am

Mastodon is such a well of wasted potential. They are good musicians and their talents are completely wasted because they refuse to drop the pretense that they are making metal music. They would be great if they just started writing more adventurous music.
oh well... 6/10

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dyson sphere

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:38 pm

▲ wrote:
Spoiler:

Alright song, but it was kind of boring. 6/10

Back to top Go down
View user profile
obin_gam

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:12 pm

Dyson sphere wrote:

Okay, seriously, that was...

FUCKING GREAT! adding that to my spotify list!
9/10 (very close to a perfect ten but it lacked something... that "umpf" or something that could have pushed it over the top)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
OriginalHorndog

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:30 am

9/10 I have to pick that up at some point.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horndogs1.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:53 pm

that was fucking terrible 2/10

Back to top Go down
View user profile
unrealbe

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:30 pm

Can't believe I listened to over 4 minutes of that
1/10

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:12 am

it sounds like Pearl Jam does punk...
3/10

Back to top Go down
View user profile
OriginalHorndog

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:58 pm

9/10

Could you not be so harsh about what other people post, though? Hed PE is far from "fucking terrible" - it's one of the most skilled punk bands around.

Back to top Go down
unrealbe

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:49 pm

8/10

This should get bonus points for seeing jesus getting beat at basketball.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obin_gam

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:31 pm

I'm gonna see them at a festival this summer, have never seen them before and I think its going to be awesome!
Sadly thats not one of their better songs, 3/10

Back to top Go down
View user profile
yakityyakblah

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:18 am

8/10 Well done industrial is always an easy sell for me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
obin_gam

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:30 pm

Its KMFDM ffs! How can they possibly loose Wink
7/10

Last edited by obin_gam on Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dyson sphere

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:44 pm

This song was overwhelming. 10/10
The lyrics reminded me of:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OriginalHorndog

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:56 pm

10/10

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:11 am

juggalo shit... really?
that's a big 1/10

BTW I am not being overly harsh you have just happened to post two songs that I found to be completely offensively unlistenable garbage. I am not just trolling here.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dyson sphere

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:13 pm

Oh, this was so short. It was really cool, though. It could have been twice as long and would not have felt boring.
10/10

Back to top Go down
View user profile
obin_gam

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:45 pm

Great guitarr work but for me it becomes to stale after a while. 5/10

Back to top Go down
View user profile
OriginalHorndog

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:09 am

7/10

▲ wrote:
juggalo shit... really?
that's a big 1/10

BTW I am not being overly harsh you have just happened to post two songs that I found to be completely offensively unlistenable garbage. I am not just trolling here.

"I am not just trolling here" - well, yeah, you are, clearly. And you are being overtly harsh, considering the absurdly negative reactions to the songs that people in general have posted, not just me. "Offensively unlistenable garbage"? Well, it's obvious that you didn't listen to either song that I posted, which are GREAT. You're OFFENDED that music has originality, creativity, depth, intelligence? That doesn't define "garbage", that's GOOD MUSIC, you fucking twerp.

You're dismissing a song as "Juggalo shit"? Give me a fucking break. What are you, in 4th grade? I'm an adult, and I post songs for adults, songs with maturity that talk about things adults deal with, real-world problems. If you don't like what I have to post, go listen to The Wombles, because quite frankly, your level of immaturity is astoundingly offensive. Sorry that my music is too deep, too intelligent, deals with the real world too much, whatever. Close mindedness and hate will get you nowhere, and quite frankly, you know fuck all about music. I was listening to John Zorn when you were a stain in your mother's panties. Don't bite the hand that feeds you good music, dickhead.
Back to top Go down
yakityyakblah

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:45 am

Well this is the first time I've ever seen someone describe ICP affiliated music as too intelligent and mature.

Troll or not, the music he's posting is the more challenging and technically impressive music. I don't like all of it, but he's much more likely an elitist than "not getting it" because the music being posted is too challenging for him or something.

And really I don't think he's a troll, more likely he's just kind of an elitist and doesn't think much of music he doesn't like. That's no reason for him not to participate, and it's not like he's insulting you, he's insulting the music.

So yeah, I personally would like this to be a board where someone can not like a lot of things because he's a curmudgeon not because he's an evil troll that we need to chase away with torches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:11 am

yakityyakblah wrote:
Well this is the first time I've ever seen someone describe ICP affiliated music as too intelligent and mature.

Troll or not, the music he's posting is the more challenging and technically impressive music. I don't like all of it, but he's much more likely an elitist than "not getting it" because the music being posted is too challenging for him or something.

And really I don't think he's a troll, more likely he's just kind of an elitist and doesn't think much of music he doesn't like. That's no reason for him not to participate, and it's not like he's insulting you, he's insulting the music.

So yeah, I personally would like this to be a board where someone can not like a lot of things because he's a curmudgeon not because he's an evil troll that we need to chase away with torches.
yep pretty much this
I'm open to pretty much anything but when I hate something I hate it. I've listened to enough stuff where I can usually find something I like about most songs but when I can't I just get angry.

on to the song:
and I'm angry again. The vocals are absolute garbage and are mixed so loud that they effectively ruin the entire track. The backing music is just about as generic as it comes and has almost no variation or anything to keep it interesting at all.
1/10 again. try harder.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
OriginalHorndog

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:18 am

yakityyakblah wrote:

He just sent me a PM saying that he thinks all Juggalos should be killed, and called me a "30 year old white trash douchebag who wears nothing but UFC clothing to try and hide his latent homosexuality". Either he's really a Nazi, or he's trolling.

The above song wouldn't play.

Last edited by OriginalHorndog on Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
yakityyakblah

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:40 am

Well if that's true it's over the line.

Pretty childish to rate a song you didn't ever hear as well though. Kayo Dot is some good shit.

How about you both just chill out a bit? Nobody came here to have a bad time and we should all be able to have others not enjoy the music we like without it becoming personal. And that's on both sides, if he really did pm you saying all of that he's making huge assumptions about you based solely on the music you listen to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OriginalHorndog

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:42 am

yakityyakblah wrote:
Pretty childish to rate a song you didn't ever hear as well though. Kayo Dot is some good shit.

I wasn't really rating it, I was joking on the fact that it wouldn't play. I took out the rating.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:22 am

OriginalHorndog wrote:

He just sent me a PM saying that he thinks all Juggalos should be killed, and called me a "30 year old white trash douchebag who wears nothing but UFC clothing to try and hide his latent homosexuality". Either he's really a Nazi, or he's trolling.
Not really. If you identified with that then I guess I have my reason as to why you like Juggalo music but I never called you that. You tried to imply that I was some know nothing kid who thinks I'm the shit because I like Naked City and that you were some deep thoughtful intellectual because you listen to juggalo music. So I just stated that in my experience the people who like the music you are touting as deep and intelligent are "16 year olds who sit alone at lunch time listen to while they try to look hard-ass... or a 30 year old white trash douchebag who wears nothing but UFC clothing to try and hide his latent homosexuality." I was not calling you ether of those things.
Also note that the reason you send a PM to someone on a forum is so that you don't shit up the thread with a long argument if you are just going to report back to everyone with misquoted garbage I might as well have just wrote it here.
If you want to keep whining about how you like different music then me then we can continue this through PMs because I wont respond again in this thread because I like this thread. Actually scratch that, don't bother I really don't want to hear you complain that I didn't do enough research on the song you posted, and therefor I can't know whether I liked the song or not.

I'll let someone else rate your song this time because you are apparently a huge blubbering vagina who can't take people with differing opinions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:45 am

Again, personal attacks aren't the best route to take this thread. If you don't want to turn it into a long argument, then calling a someone a "huge blubbering vagina" isn't a good idea. If you want to continue this in PM form, go ahead - just remember that insults and sweeping over-generalizations won't get you guys anywhere.

As for OriginalHorndog's song, it's okay. I'm not a huge fan of that type of music, and it didn't really sway me in that direction. 6/10

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Song above you   

Back to top Go down

Rate the Song above you
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next