Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Dissapointed in the "2000s" episode

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tyty2790

PostSubject: Dissapointed in the "2000s" episode   Mon May 13, 2013 10:28 pm

Maybe this is because I'm only 23, but I'm sorry, give me a break man! I know that the past 13 years have had crappy movies, and CGI and remakes are overused, but this episode came off as a couple of old men complaining about how "these movies today, there's been nothing of value since 1999!" REALLY?! FREAKIN REALLY GUYS?! ALL DECADES have ups and downs, all decades have crap, and all decades have masterpieces. To just say "....and it all went downhill after Y2K" is just lazy and elitist! I also know that Brad doesn't really feel that way as Ive seen almost every Midnight Screening and he's loved just as many movies as he's hated. I'm less familiar with Josh but....cmon......there have been a lot of fantastic things to come out of movies recently. This episode was just an unfairly bleak look at the 00s and again, just felt like old men complaining.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed in the "2000s" episode   Tue May 14, 2013 12:18 am

Am I the only one who finds it kinda funny that you waited 2 years after joining to post, just to bitch about something that should be a surprise to no one? Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
perkele

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed in the "2000s" episode   Tue May 14, 2013 12:24 am

Yeah but he also kinda has a point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed in the "2000s" episode   Tue May 14, 2013 12:26 am

The point I was making was: It's Josh! Josh hates a lot of things! How this was surprising is beyond me...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tyty2790

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed in the "2000s" episode   Tue May 14, 2013 1:55 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
The point I was making was: It's Josh! Josh hates a lot of things! How this was surprising is beyond me...

I guess Brad surprised me by just going along with what Josh was saying. But even then.........really Josh?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
perkele

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed in the "2000s" episode   Tue May 14, 2013 3:16 am

Well yes they could have brought up more positive stuff about the 2000's. I wouldn't say I'm dissapointed though, I'm more surprised josh didn't thrash it more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed in the "2000s" episode   Tue May 14, 2013 1:10 pm

tyty2790 wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:

I guess Brad surprised me by just going along with what Josh was saying. But even then.........really Josh?

I suppose you missed the part then when I said "all of these qualities don't make a movie bad. A movie can be a spectacle film and contain a lot of CGI and still be a damn good film." I said in the 90s episode and in this one that while I will always prefer practicals over CGI, but CGI alone doesn't make a film bad. Guess you missed those parts huh. I was merely speaking of them as trends of the decade.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thecinemasnob.forumotion.com
tyty2790

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed in the "2000s" episode   Wed May 15, 2013 12:22 am

Admin wrote:
tyty2790 wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:

I suppose you missed the part then when I said "all of these qualities don't make a movie bad. A movie can be a spectacle film and contain a lot of CGI and still be a damn good film." I said in the 90s episode and in this one that while I will always prefer practicals over CGI, but CGI alone doesn't make a film bad. Guess you missed those parts huh. I was merely speaking of them as trends of the decade.

You're right Brad, apologies. Please don't think this is anything against you or Josh. You guys are awesome! I guess my comments were a bit harsh, sorry man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dissapointed in the "2000s" episode   

Back to top Go down

Dissapointed in the "2000s" episode
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1