Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Grave Encounters.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Randy Spears

PostSubject: Grave Encounters.    Sat May 04, 2013 11:46 am

I'm not one of those who hated found footage. In fact, I love them. I don't know why, but for some reason I love them. With my recent disappointment of PA4 I looked on Netflix and found Grave Encounters.

IMO, not bad and pretty good.

The plot is simple. A crappy Ghost Hunters type show tapes at an old insane asylum were the main doctor and head of the hospital did horrible surgeries on patients. Supernatural hunts happen and there are a lot of scares.

Give it a chance if you have netflix instant.

The sequel on the other hand is too meta for me. The plot of it is interesting but for me jumps the shark. They say that the first movie was real, and the slimly producer to recoup his loses of paying settlements of the first film edits the film they found, puts a few bad effects and sells the movie .

The best part of the second film is that it starts out with many internet reviews of the show. Most of them do not like the first film.

Give the first film a try. The second one watch only if you really like the first one. It does jump the shark for me though about half way though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theGerman

PostSubject: Re: Grave Encounters.    Sat May 04, 2013 5:03 pm

I really loved Grave Encounters...even though it's your typical Found Footage movie.
The second one was just shit. Absolutely no reason whatsoever to watch it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: Grave Encounters.    Sun May 05, 2013 8:17 am

sounds intresting. ill check it out. found footage are hit or miss for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Grave Encounters.    Sun May 05, 2013 10:23 am

oh i can't stand them. tv shows have done episodes like that. and damn near every show it feels like did that kind of episode. and they are 9 times out of 10 pieces of shit. as for the films i just don't like getting dizzy when watching a film. and not seeing what's going on. yes one can say that most movies are a bit like that. but they aren't shot on shitteo

either. well most of them anyways. one film i did give a change when it all started was Blair witch and it was a horrible film. i did watch that a couple of times at the suggestion of various people saying give it a chance.

i did and it was horrible. now i'm not saying there aren't better ones than that one i'm sure there are.
i just don't see the appeal in them. this is why i haven't watched that "Dead' movie after 'Land of the dead' i forget what that one is called. in short they just aren't my taste. they aren't aimed towards my taste in movies to put it a better way.

i do have one question though, how many films after blair watch came out did their own anyways? there has to be at least 30 of them! in every genre it seems lke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: Grave Encounters.    Sun May 05, 2013 10:40 am

i enjoy some found footage films. i really liked Cannibal holocaust,Paranomal actifity 1 and 2,Paranomal Entity,VHS,and REC. i agree the blair witch project sucks and i honestly didnt like Cloverfield ether. the movie your thinking of is diary of the dead and it sucks ASS. Worst found footage film ive ever seen is probably the August undergrounds mordum. It was so terrible the film market sit self as the most graphic film ever and it is pretty graphic but 90 percent of the film's just useless scenes and its honestly really obnxious.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Grave Encounters.    Mon May 06, 2013 9:22 am

funny i hear some people say how good that "Dead' film is and some say how shitty it is. i guess it's a mixed bag.

P. Activity the 1st film when it 1st came out looked interesting but i never got around to see it. to be fair, but i think that 5 of them is enough. i say 5 cause i think a 5th one is coming out soon. i may be wrong about that but as Brad and Josh say they are no doubt VERY cheap to make.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: Grave Encounters.    Mon May 06, 2013 10:45 am

yeah there is gonna be a 5. so far all the ones after part 2 suck. hopefully five will be better but i doubt it will be
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Grave Encounters.    Mon May 06, 2013 12:20 pm

which is why they should well fucking STOP making them! hell even the SAW series did at some point stop. i haven't seen all of those yet but it's a fun series at least i think it is. but to each their own i guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kraufen

PostSubject: Re: Grave Encounters.    Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:16 am

I really don't understand how any of you people actually liked grave encounters. Me and my girlfriend tried watching it, well we somehow finished it I guess, but I think its one of the worst newer movies I have seen, and to be honest one of the worst found footage films.

All the scares were completely cliched, they really could have worked on the whole "We can't get out of this place" thing a little more, and to be honest for like half the movie nothing happens at all. And when characters died its not like I really cared.
I dunno, I mean most of the found footage films I have seen except for REC have sucked, but this one sort of takes the cake along with paranormal activity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Grave Encounters.    Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:57 am

it's a genre i guess that either you like it or you don't. and don't like found footage films. i wish the footage would stay lost. but no doubt they are cheap as fuck to make and that's why we have so many. and why the ones that have been put in theatres well the ones that are hits get 3,0000000
sequels cause they are cheap to make. and that's it.

don't get me wrong there's no doubt some that are prolly good. but they just aren't my taste that's all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kraufen

PostSubject: Re: Grave Encounters.    Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:44 am

If you haven't already. check out REC, that one is pretty amazing. Number 2 is only okay, I heard 3 sucks though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Subterfuge

PostSubject: Re: Grave Encounters.    Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:45 pm

Yeah, part three sucks. It's not a bad film per se, it's just so different from the previous 2 parts that's it's jarring and thus, bad. There's another one coming though, supposedly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grave Encounters.    

Back to top Go down

Grave Encounters.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1