The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Movies you loved but you now feel are dated.

Go down 
+5
Angie Matera
theGerman
wildhoney66
ChaosTheory
Randy Spears
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Skibz

Skibz

Movies you loved but you now feel are dated.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies you loved but you now feel are dated.    Movies you loved but you now feel are dated.  - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 11:00 am

I'm sad to say I haven't seen any of the 'Police Academy' movies outside of the first.

Now, 'Vice Academy'...I've seen all six of those movies, and they're wonderfully dated. Especially part 5, which had the virtual reality hooker who comes to life and terrorizes the town. Brilliant cinema.

wildhoney66 wrote:
i don't have anything they did in the 80's to be honest.
also really you talked with the former singer? NICE! i wonder what kind of stories he had to say. he he
It's mostly demos and compilation tracks; they were a straight ska band back then, no pop influences.

Alan sings in a popular Orange County ska-rock band called Starpool; music's not really my thing, but the band and I have mutual friends so I've seen them a couple of times. You literally can't go anywhere in OC without running into somebody who was in a ska or punk band in the '90s.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theskibz
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Movies you loved but you now feel are dated.    Movies you loved but you now feel are dated.  - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 11:07 am

i've never been there so i will take you for your word. i love music myself. and really for the police academy films, the best ones i think are parts 1-4  part 5 for me is the worst one. 6 is a decent film but nothing special. and 7 many say is the worst one but i kinda dig it. i dunno why but it's an ok film. i think a lot of it has to do with Christopher Lee being in it. it doesn't have some of the cast that were in the previous films such as David Graff and Steve Guttenburg. he left after part 4.  i forget who else.

but they are fun films. and some of my favorite from my childhood. i'm a bit older than you so i remember part 3 coming out in (1986) and i remember when it was Announced about a year or two later when Guttenberg wasn't going to do anymore after part 4. and being pissed. my brother went and saw part 3 in the theatre back than. and i remember being curious to see it after he told me about it back than.

as in any series that's one were some are going to say some are better than others.  i'm not a huge bobcat goldwait fan but in the ones he's in he's funny as hell. and i love Tim Karinsky. in them too. i spelled his last name wrong cause he's got an odd last name. and he was great on SNL in the 80's as well.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: Movies you loved but you now feel are dated.    Movies you loved but you now feel are dated.  - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 11:27 am

NiceSkilbz lol. Post-punk/classic goth,industrial ebm those gothic oriented genres are pretty much my main genres(though i listeo to alot of stuff)   . Its seems like thanks to hot topicthe term goth has been destroyed. it now applies to attenion whores who listen to nu-metal and MSI type stuff and want people to pity them andhavenoidea whoBahausare. I rarely ever dress the part cause i don't feel aneed to plus i live in Puerto rico and itsalways hot here lol. I ampossibly the only true goth in SanJaun PR as i have never met another one in this area lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Movies you loved but you now feel are dated.    Movies you loved but you now feel are dated.  - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 11:43 am

my tastes in music is all over the place they are all over the place. like i like limp Bizkit. or however they spell it? i have a bootleg of them on my ipod i downloaded a couple years back called Smelly Beaver

and that's just to funny for a name isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies you loved but you now feel are dated.    Movies you loved but you now feel are dated.  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Movies you loved but you now feel are dated.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2