The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some tracks from my 'band'

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Some tracks from my 'band' Empty
PostSubject: Some tracks from my 'band'   Some tracks from my 'band' EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 6:21 am

And by band, I mean myself, ha... It's just me doing everything. Anyway... it's kind of doom/sludge/ambient metal. I let out a bunch of early demo tracks a while back... then didn't really do anything for a while. Right now, I'm in the process of writing/recording the first cd. I've got one track completely finished and one that I got the guitars finished on tonight. So yeah, if any of you guys are into doom/sludge, I wouldn't mind getting some feedback from here. It is a little bit lo-fi... but, a lot of stuff I listen to isn't that great quality anyway so it sounds fine to me. Razz So if you guys want to complain about that, I'm already well aware, ha. Also, I'm putting this up via zshare. You can stream the tracks on the page, you don't have to download.

House Behind The Painted Veil (instrumental so far)

Pronouncing Doom (this is the finished track)
Back to top Go down
yakityyakblah

yakityyakblah

PostSubject: Re: Some tracks from my 'band'   Some tracks from my 'band' EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 6:29 am

I'm kind of digging it, it's got a really psychedelic bent to it with all the synth and fuzzy guitar. Not as melodic as I tend to like my music, but I'm really liking it.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

PostSubject: Re: Some tracks from my 'band'   Some tracks from my 'band' EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 6:45 am

Thanks, glad people are enjoying the vibe I've got going with this stuff. I do have some more melodic stuff written, actually, one of the early demo tracks I released like a year ago was this really pretty and soft melodic song. Razz This band is going to be all over the place by the end of it. The two songs I've posted here are really doom heavy songs, but I do have slower pretty stuff that's going to be around sometime. Also, I've been working on another track that's more black metal than it is doom. Also, I wish I could get some more fuzz coming through on my guitar than I do. Razz But I think it is a nice touch. I dunno, I kind of have a problem when I hear metal and it's all crisp and clear. Seems like it should be dirty and raw to me. Not knocking bands like Opeth Razz because I like those bands, too... I dunno. I just find more enjoyment when the guitars are really dirty and fuzzy.

But thanks for commenting, I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
yakityyakblah

yakityyakblah

PostSubject: Re: Some tracks from my 'band'   Some tracks from my 'band' EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 6:53 am

Well Opeth is going for a kind of proggy bluesy sound with a very gothic tone to it. So having a cleaner sound is kind of the point. But I mean if your into sludge and black metal lo fi guitar is just part of the sound.

I'm curious what you would sound like if you tried something faster like thrash or grind.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

PostSubject: Re: Some tracks from my 'band'   Some tracks from my 'band' EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 6:57 am

Back to top Go down
yakityyakblah

yakityyakblah

PostSubject: Re: Some tracks from my 'band'   Some tracks from my 'band' EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 7:07 am

Good stuff right there. Not sure how technically skilled you actually are with a guitar, but anything with sweep picking or tapping or anything?
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

PostSubject: Re: Some tracks from my 'band'   Some tracks from my 'band' EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 7:13 am

Sweeping, no. Tapping... there is a Lance of Longinus (the first band I posted) song with a tapping bit at the beginning. Don't have it recorded yet, though. Razz But still, that part isn't very technical, it's tapped because the notes are too far to stretch to, ha.

I'm not incredibly skilled. I've been playing for a little over a year now. I actually have been playing bass since I was in high school, though. I'm 24 now. So yeah, my bass skills are better. I can do some tapping stuff on bass like Primus' "Jerry Was a Race Car Driver". I kind of quit with the bass once I started on guitar, though.
Back to top Go down
yakityyakblah

yakityyakblah

PostSubject: Re: Some tracks from my 'band'   Some tracks from my 'band' EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 9:43 am

Ah, you listen to any Dying Fetus?

Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

PostSubject: Re: Some tracks from my 'band'   Some tracks from my 'band' EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 3:54 am

Today I recorded vocals for "House Behind The Painted Veil" and recorded a new song "Escape by Dawn". Escape is the black metal like song I was talking about. It has a lot of lo quality ambient bits. I thought about adding more to it. Maybe some electronic ambient stuff to accompany it, but then listening to the song, I realized I really liked the mood those parts created. Anyway, would LOVE opinions on those two songs. Especially Escape. I also anticipate ridicule for the vocals on House.

Zshare links for streaming:
http://www.zshare.net/audio/858888671f03ec82/ - Escape by Dawn
http://www.zshare.net/audio/858895752fcb5ba4/ - House Behind The Painted Veil

Mediafire for those that can't stream:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jkrir4mtwc5jjbk - Escape by Dawn
http://www.mediafire.com/?cn2wy0rgukzgyrx - House Behind The Painted Veil

Also, this means I've only got one more song to record before the entire cd is complete. I've got some special packaging in mind when I get this all finished. So if any of you guys are interested... Of course, you can always download it for free. I'll even post the link for it. But I did want to do these nifty little cds for it.

And eff it. Lyrics for you guys...

"Escape by Dawn" (a song inspired by H.H. Holmes)

You think you can escape from me
You have 'til dawn to make it out
These halls are a maze
You will soon find there is no way out
Just come to me, I'll set you free and make this all painless
Don't you want to be free from this, to end your torment?
I've done this before
You're just the whore that I want to slaughter
You found your way into this maze now let me end your life

In this place your time runs out
Built for my amusement, I am the god of death
No one leaves this place, you've got to understand you will die

Come to me, I'll make you dead
I'll end this ****ing nightmare
Don't you want to see light again, to small fresh air?
Forget it bitch, you'll never leave
This twilight is forever
Make it to dawn, I'll set you free but that will never happen
If you think you're sure and see the door
Then that will be the way out
Make it hard on you and me and I'll make sure it hurts

You will die in this place
No one escapes, just hold still
This will only hurt a little bit

"House Behind The Painted Veil"
(a song inspired by Sylvia Likens)

What lies behind these plain walls is a secret that consumes
Denying life to the ones that seek it
Everything wilts that needs to grow
What will you do when you see the horrors in the house behind the painted veil

Little girl alone, left with no one
Trapped beneath the stairs
Bearing witness to the horrors of mankind
Stripped of dignity, left to decay
No one has the strength to say a thing
Laying in filth, you will find her
A torture soul

Run away, escape this pain
No one deserves it, so get away
The girl behind these walls

Raped, ruined, scarred for life

You touch her, you beat her, you starve her, you pay
No one wrong you in this way
We can't forget what we know
Please just take a piece of my heart
No one heard you, they will pay
Please, Sylvia, be strong
No one suffers the way you do
You saved her, sacrificed your own life
Love was in your heart the whole time
No one will forget you
A tragedy unheard of in your own time
Suffered abuse from that wretched bitch
We have hate in our hearts
No one will forget you
Skin and bones, you never cried
The strength of a thousand within you
No one will forget you

Okay, okay... Long post. Ending now. Please check it out. Tell me what you think of the music, vocals, and lyrics if you don't mind lovely people. I appreciate it very much.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

PostSubject: Re: Some tracks from my 'band'   Some tracks from my 'band' EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 3:54 am

But to answer your previous question Razz No, not really. I'm not a big fan of death metal or grind... or whatever people call them these days ha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some tracks from my 'band'   Some tracks from my 'band' Empty

Back to top Go down

Some tracks from my 'band'
Page 1 of 1