The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anthropophagous 2000

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ozzy554

Anthropophagous 2000 Empty
PostSubject: Anthropophagous 2000   Anthropophagous 2000 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 9:00 am

Its a shitty remake directed by Andreas Schnaas of violent shit fame. This time instead of eastman as the killer we have Schnaas himself in the role. Also for some reason the title is spelled differently. I have seen it, and its what you would expect. People being killed in violent ways loosely wrapped around a story.

Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Anthropophagous 2000   Anthropophagous 2000 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 9:02 am

why even do a remake? and how does this guy who makes these Violent Shit films even get the funding?

i haven't seen any of them cept for Brad reviewing them and that's plenty enough for me
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: Anthropophagous 2000   Anthropophagous 2000 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 9:43 am

yeah i heard of this. looks horrible. i honestly didnt like the orignal much
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Anthropophagous 2000   Anthropophagous 2000 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 10:28 am

i've never seen either version nor do i intend to either to be honest.
Back to top Go down
theGerman

theGerman

PostSubject: Re: Anthropophagous 2000   Anthropophagous 2000 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 2:16 pm

I like Andreas Schnaas...even got him on Facebook for some reason.
He can do a remake if he wants to...I'm kinda like Brad on this. Nobody has to see this movie if he doesn't want to.
Not to mention that a remake doesn't destroy the existence of the original. And it's not like the original was that great to begin with.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Anthropophagous 2000   Anthropophagous 2000 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 6:51 pm

agreed, but why remake it? i guess it's better to remake a shitty film than a good one. and i dunno how Brad honestly feels about the film but his chracter the Snob i'm sure does make some good points about it. the original i mean. though i do love brad's comment on the well sequel of sorts how George Eastman's got one kicking beard outside of Barry Gibbs.
Back to top Go down
Skibz

Skibz

PostSubject: Re: Anthropophagous 2000   Anthropophagous 2000 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 12:57 pm

Why not remake it? I mean, 'Anthropophagous' isn't quite on par with 'Casablanca', there's plenty of room to improve upon the original. Plus, with such a (loose) plot, there are likely multiple ways a filmmaker could approach the material.

Provided, knowing Schnaas, there's probably no artistic consideration beyond stringing together scenes of low-budget gore effects. I like his work, or at least what I've seen of it (I've yet to see 'Anthropophagous 2000'), but I won't be lauding his storytelling skills at any time in the near-future.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theskibz
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Anthropophagous 2000   Anthropophagous 2000 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 6:33 am

well if you had the right script and the right person to make it ok i can see that, but NOT the dude who made Violent Shit 1-20 or however many they made.
Back to top Go down
Skibz

Skibz

PostSubject: Re: Anthropophagous 2000   Anthropophagous 2000 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 7:53 am

When it comes to a flick like 'Anthropophagus' - which, to me, was memorable solely for the kitten which lands on the piano from a hilariously implausible angle - I wouldn't mind seeing it turned into a cheap gorefest. At least it wouldn't be boring...when it comes to just wanting to watch boatloads of clever no-budget gore effects, Schnaas is definitely one of the better choices.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theskibz
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Anthropophagous 2000   Anthropophagous 2000 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 8:45 am

going by just the review brad did as the snob. i can't really remember what he honestly feels about the film. so just going by the review if they cut out a lot, hence the long pointless scenes. and i of course wasn't talking about it hitting the theatres. i doubt it will. did the original go to theatres here in the US back than? or ever? i was only going on 2 in (1980) so i really dunno.

maybe the film could be improved is what i'm saying, while still retaining the low budget look the original has.

cause it was low budget. don't put in CGI though. my other point is as much as i love horror films and i do ever since i was a kid. but going by the violent shit films, where those films really have no story but killing.

well i really don't see the point of watching films like that. i'd get bored pretty fast with just seeing people get killed and not seeing oh i dunno characters we can either like or hate. people not die every 5 seconds. dialog that's not dubbed shitty. the friday the 13th films is a great example at least the early ones had people you could care about, part 3 also had the biker gang you knew was going to get killed at some point and you rooted for that. but you also

didn't like them either. that one has of course Shelly where you really feel for the guy and it's really well written actually for a horror film. and you can't wait until jason gets his mask of course but you feel when he gets killed.

that's how a horror film should be made. i don't see that being made today like that. brad always says that there has to be in today's horror films at least one asshole and he's right. it does seem like that. even in some shitty movies

you kind of care about certain characters and less about others. anyways i'm going off topic sorry, my point mainly is
that it'd be interesting if they ever did a remake and if it would be better than the original.

even lessor known films like this that most people have never heard of if it's remade you if you are lucky can maybe find a good writer today. even though that is RARE anymore. and it'd be interesting to see an american version

and if it ended up being better than the original i get a kick out of that honestly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anthropophagous 2000   Anthropophagous 2000 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anthropophagous 2000
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cinema Snob :: The Cinema Snob-
Jump to: