Pierre Kirby Approved.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 CGI Muppets Now On "Sesame Street"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Otaku4Life

avatar

Posts : 1031
Join date : 2011-02-25
Age : 33
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: CGI Muppets Now On "Sesame Street"   Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:57 pm

"Sesame Street" is now using computer animated Muppets.
Why is this happening?
I don't think that Jim Henson himself would approve of this if he was still alive.
This is extremely depressing for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angie Matera

avatar

Posts : 564
Join date : 2011-01-23
Age : 28
Location : Puerto rico

PostSubject: Re: CGI Muppets Now On "Sesame Street"   Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:57 pm

Otaku4Life wrote:
"Sesame Street" is now using computer animated Muppets.
Why is this happening?
I don't think that Jim Henson himself would approve of this if he was still alive.
This is extremely depressing for me.

Jim hensons rolling over in his grave
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
Razzly

avatar

Posts : 241
Join date : 2012-08-12

PostSubject: Re: CGI Muppets Now On "Sesame Street"   Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:31 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Otaku4Life

avatar

Posts : 1031
Join date : 2011-02-25
Age : 33
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: CGI Muppets Now On "Sesame Street"   Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:43 pm

This is how I'm feeling right now after seeing CGI destroy Jim Henson's legacy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank Rizzo

avatar

Posts : 1456
Join date : 2011-02-02
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: CGI Muppets Now On "Sesame Street"   Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:48 am

its only that segment and, to be fair, its probably done due to special fx simple puppets can't do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Otaku4Life

avatar

Posts : 1031
Join date : 2011-02-25
Age : 33
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: CGI Muppets Now On "Sesame Street"   Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:57 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
its only that segment and, to be fair, its probably done due to special fx simple puppets can't do.
I understand completely.
However, I remember watching that making-of documentary of "Labyrinth" and I'm still amazed on how some of the puppet effects were done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wildhoney66

avatar

Posts : 1203
Join date : 2011-05-19
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: CGI Muppets Now On "Sesame Street"   Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:02 am

agreed IF it's only that segment ok i can see that but if the whole damn show is like that they that's a show they just NEED to fucking go and cancel it AS SOON AS POSSIBLE cause like you said Jim Henson had he been around when CGI was around which honestly he was but today's CGI rather he'd prolly scrap the sketch all together to be quite honest.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank Rizzo

avatar

Posts : 1456
Join date : 2011-02-02
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: CGI Muppets Now On "Sesame Street"   Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:25 am

wildhoney66 wrote:
agreed IF it's only that segment ok i can see that but if the whole damn show is like that they that's a show they just NEED to fucking go and cancel it AS SOON AS POSSIBLE cause like you said Jim Henson had he been around when CGI was around which honestly he was but today's CGI rather he'd prolly scrap the sketch all together to be quite honest.

....Cancel Sesame Street?

.....Let's try and calm the fuck down here, lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angie Matera

avatar

Posts : 564
Join date : 2011-01-23
Age : 28
Location : Puerto rico

PostSubject: Re: CGI Muppets Now On "Sesame Street"   Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:08 am

i just hope that this isnt an Omen that Dark crystal two will be done with CGI........
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
Otaku4Life

avatar

Posts : 1031
Join date : 2011-02-25
Age : 33
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: CGI Muppets Now On "Sesame Street"   Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:14 pm

Angie Matera wrote:
i just hope that this isnt an Omen that Dark crystal two will be done with CGI........
Let's just hope they won't fail Jim for real this time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wildhoney66

avatar

Posts : 1203
Join date : 2011-05-19
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: CGI Muppets Now On "Sesame Street"   Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:27 am

yea i did say that. i've heard it' s not as good as it once was anyways. the show is well muppets but muppets for a younger audience and CGI isn't muppets it's a joke is what it is. one skit ok i can live with that. but it's NOT the same thing as when we grew up watching.


and i've always believed that when a show turns to shit why should it stay on the air? i don't watch as i call it american anus. aka american idol but i've heard that show has been shit for years yet it's still on the air. there is no doubt that Jim Henson's company will still make dvd's/blu-rays for kids regardless if the show is on or not.

but if a show looses once it once was it should end. Disney's CGI Donald Duck looks like shit but even though they use CGI at least i can say with them that it wasn't muppets. and if they want to do CGI and standard animation i can live with that. as long as standard animation keeps being made. muppets i love i knew they were fake when i was a kid, you can easily see the string or whatever it's called when the hands move on say Kermit the frog,

but with them you can by that it's real and still care for the chracters. that's how jim henson did all his life was muppets

aka puppets NOT CGI where that's a fucking cop out. that's my view on it anyways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angie Matera

avatar

Posts : 564
Join date : 2011-01-23
Age : 28
Location : Puerto rico

PostSubject: Re: CGI Muppets Now On "Sesame Street"   Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:37 am

wildhoney66 wrote:
yea i did say that. i've heard it' s not as good as it once was anyways. the show is well muppets but muppets for a younger audience and CGI isn't muppets it's a joke is what it is. one skit ok i can live with that. but it's NOT the same thing as when we grew up watching.


and i've always believed that when a show turns to shit why should it stay on the air? i don't watch as i call it american anus. aka american idol but i've heard that show has been shit for years yet it's still on the air. there is no doubt that Jim Henson's company will still make dvd's/blu-rays for kids regardless if the show is on or not.

but if a show looses once it once was it should end. Disney's CGI Donald Duck looks like shit but even though they use CGI at least i can say with them that it wasn't muppets. and if they want to do CGI and standard animation i can live with that. as long as standard animation keeps being made. muppets i love i knew they were fake when i was a kid, you can easily see the string or whatever it's called when the hands move on say Kermit the frog,

but with them you can by that it's real and still care for the chracters. that's how jim henson did all his life was muppets

aka puppets NOT CGI where that's a fucking cop out. that's my view on it anyways.

I love the muppets and i was glad the new movie didnt replace them with CGI. That would be a huge stab to my childhood if they did that(not the hollywood hasnt raped my childhood b4).
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
wildhoney66

avatar

Posts : 1203
Join date : 2011-05-19
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: CGI Muppets Now On "Sesame Street"   Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:05 am

i agree that would have pissed me off as well. oddly i still have yet to see it either. the 2nd film is suppose to be

like 'the great muppet caper' i guess they are going through the original films in a way? i wonder if the 3rd film will be like 'the muppets take manhatten' ? i dunno about the ones after that i'm just counting the Jim Henson films that's all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angie Matera

avatar

Posts : 564
Join date : 2011-01-23
Age : 28
Location : Puerto rico

PostSubject: Re: CGI Muppets Now On "Sesame Street"   Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:25 am

A CGI remake of The Great Muppet Caper????????????. i think my childhood just got raped I spit on your grave style.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
wildhoney66

avatar

Posts : 1203
Join date : 2011-05-19
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: CGI Muppets Now On "Sesame Street"   Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:05 am

no you mistunderstood i said they are doing a sequel and i told ya the plot of it what i read on line about it. i didn't say it was in CGI though. i think you misread that part. or if i didn't put that clearly than sorry about that.

and it comes out next year from what i read
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Otaku4Life

avatar

Posts : 1031
Join date : 2011-02-25
Age : 33
Location : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: CGI Muppets Now On "Sesame Street"   Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:43 pm

This is a fan-made memorial to Jim Henson I happen to have stumbled across.
It's a CGI version of the TGIF prime time series "Dinosaurs", one of his last and final projects.
The CGI isn't that pleasant to look at, but at least it's a nice memorial to Jim.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AstaKask

avatar

Posts : 323
Join date : 2013-07-26
Age : 43
Location : Gothenburg

PostSubject: Re: CGI Muppets Now On "Sesame Street"   Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:15 pm

Meanwhile, in the 70s, Swedish children's program revolved around Bronislav's workday in a Czechoslovak car factory. That or an extremely creepy man reading tales on a rainbow colored couch. I'm fine with them remaking either of them with CGI.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: CGI Muppets Now On "Sesame Street"   

Back to top Go down
 
CGI Muppets Now On "Sesame Street"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Beverly Street restrained from selling counterfeit A&F clothing
» The Next ObamaCare Mirage (from Wall street Journal)
» Asia Securities Direct FN Down after Dumith Fernando and Expolanka Kassim's backed York Street Partners bought the Stock Brokerage
» One Up On Wall Street
» Literature for excited Thespians & wise/all-knowing people!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cinema Snob :: Other Stuff :: The Groove Tube-
Jump to: