Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

They're making a movie based off of The Boondocks.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: They're making a movie based off of The Boondocks.   Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:18 pm

Well, sort of anyways. Word hit the internet a few days ago that series creator Aaron McGruder was looking to fund a live-action movie starring the foil of the series, Uncle Ruckus.

You can find all the details here: http://tmblr.co/ZwZmEtdClRmm

As a fan f the tv show since its inception, I'm pretty damned stoked for this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: They're making a movie based off of The Boondocks.   Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:53 am

the one based of the comic strip right? well honestly i loved the comic strip but i think later on during it's run it was not as good as it once was. the tv show i tried to watch but i couldn't get into. and it was i think mainly to do with you got to see it from the 1st episode.

as a film i'm wondering how that would be? it's a film that i dunno if it would work as a live action or not. but it's prolly more belieavable than say "Garfield' or hell even Peanuts.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
theGerman

PostSubject: Re: They're making a movie based off of The Boondocks.   Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:54 pm

It's the other way around for me...never got into the comic strip, but loved the animated series alot.
But as a big fan of anime etc I always have my problems with live action versions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: They're making a movie based off of The Boondocks.   Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:08 am

i dunno when it comes to some comics it could work. hell if you look at the comic strip Blondie they did a series of films from (1938-1950) i think and there's like 50 films or something like that. cause it worked and they are really good and fun to watch. now with Garfield i do agree with you on but with certain ones it could work.

with "For Better or for worse' it could work, with one my favorites of all time '9 chickweed Lane' it could work cause in these comics they are actual people so they don't have to have NO CGI shit. with Garfield you did have to have that.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They're making a movie based off of The Boondocks.   

Back to top Go down

They're making a movie based off of The Boondocks.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1