The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Good movies by bad directors.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

Good movies by bad directors.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good movies by bad directors.    Good movies by bad directors.  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:02 am

Remebered another example. Irvin Kershner:The Empire strikes back. though i will say i never seen much of his earily work so that might change
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
AVPGuyver21

AVPGuyver21

PostSubject: Re: Good movies by bad directors.    Good movies by bad directors.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 10:28 am

Michael Bay directed The Rock. I also thought Rampage was garbage and saying its Uwe Boll best movie is not saying a whole lot in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Good movies by bad directors.    Good movies by bad directors.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 10:37 am

i haven't seen that many films of Uwe Boll so i can't say he's a shit director or not. but i did see that Alone in the dark film. and that was shit. if you listen to him on i believe Radiodrome even he says the film is shit.

as for Michael Bay. i honestly don't mind him, he's not a fine director but he's an ok director. in short i don't hate him as much as many people do. i like the 'bad boys' films and i don't mind the 'transformers' films though i do hate the way that he made the humans the main story and & NOT the robots. plus you can't tell which is the good guy or the bad guy.

that i fucking hate. but even though i prefer generation 1 that's my era really. i don't hate the M.Bay films like many do.
they are what they are 3 soon to be 4 films of robots fighting and that's not all i seek in a film.

but there's no doubt his film "The Rock' is a far better film than any of the "Transformers' films. i wonder when he will actually go back to making movies that aren't based off cartoons? IF he does?

kinda like how "Sam Rami' who only directed "Spider-Man' for the longest time and yes he did 'Drag me to hell'

it does get old when a name director only directs a certain series & that's it.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: Good movies by bad directors.    Good movies by bad directors.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 3:56 am

wildhoney66 wrote:
i haven't seen that many films of Uwe Boll so i can't say he's a shit director or not. but i did see that Alone in the dark film. and that was shit. if you listen to him on i believe Radiodrome even he says the film is shit.

as for Michael Bay. i honestly don't mind him, he's not a fine director but he's an ok director. in short i don't hate him as much as many people do. i like the 'bad boys' films and i don't mind the 'transformers' films though i do hate the way that he made the humans the main story and & NOT the robots. plus you can't tell which is the good guy or the bad guy.

that i fucking hate. but even though i prefer generation 1 that's my era really. i don't hate the M.Bay films like many do.
they are what they are 3 soon to be 4 films of robots fighting and that's not all i seek in a film.

but there's no doubt his film "The Rock' is a far better film than any of the "Transformers' films. i wonder when he will actually go back to making movies that aren't based off cartoons? IF he does?

kinda like how "Sam Rami' who only directed "Spider-Man' for the longest time and yes he did 'Drag me to hell'

it does get old when a name director only directs a certain series & that's it.

Baysnextfilm is calld pain and gain and is not based on a cartoon.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Good movies by bad directors.    Good movies by bad directors.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 3:58 am

i looked him up last night and saw that. and was quite surprised that he even did that film to be honest.

hey i'm being optimistic in being that it may be an ok film. like i said he's not a great director but he doesn't anger me like many people seem to get pissed off at him. for me it's just not worth the energy ya know? how about you what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: Good movies by bad directors.    Good movies by bad directors.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 4:02 am

wildhoney66 wrote:
i looked him up last night and saw that. and was quite surprised that he even did that film to be honest.

hey i'm being optimistic in being that it may be an ok film. like i said he's not a great director but he doesn't anger me like many people seem to get pissed off at him. for me it's just not worth the energy ya know? how about you what do you think?
It looks better then hisusall stuff though im not a fan of his(except the Rock). And yeah i dont like him much but im not one of those people who rages at the fact that he exists lol.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Good movies by bad directors.    Good movies by bad directors.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 4:51 am

thank god. honestly like i said i was around when Transformers Gen. 1 was on and it's easily one of my favorite shows of all time. the rest of the versions are shit. and i even have love for the (1986) film i grew up with that one as well.

but his transformers films have many many faults. i do think that it was a mistake making the live action films.
i do think more thought could have been put into making the robots look well not exactly like the cartoon from the 80's.

i never expected that. but they should have been made to show which character was which and which one was good and which one was bad. more thought should have been put into making it about the robots and not the humans. but sometimes i do feel like to quote Josh robots kicking each others ass so i''ll put one of those films on if i see it on tv and there's nothing else on. it kills time and gives me something to do.

people also get enraged over Wes Craven. though i actually love the "Scream' series i think they are fun to watch as well. that series is said to change the face of horror. i don't think that of any of those films. i think it kinda saved horror in a way. really only cause of this horror wasn't really popular for a long time and it brought it back. and yes they have done far to many clones of scream. some of them have been pretty bad and some of them are pretty good.

and they shouldn't have tried to make every horror film a clone of Scream. it brought the horror fans out cause at the time it was an original idea. and horror kinda needed a boost for something original. like it or hate it that's fine.

more horror films got made after that and not all of them were clones thankfully. Urband Legends is a great film and
i'm talking about the 1st film. though the villian in that over acts to say the least and that's me being polite.

if you haven't seen that one i won't spoil for you. and i don't think that they should have done 4 Scream films to be honest. and as much as i love the "Saw' series even i said after i saw the 3rd one how is Tobin Bell in anymore of these? they did get carried away with that to say the least.

my point is i try not to get pissed off when films by a certain director get made. it doesn't always work. but
i try ya know? that's all ya can do really
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good movies by bad directors.    Good movies by bad directors.  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Good movies by bad directors.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2