The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I Have Asperger's Syndrome

Go down 
+2
Subterfuge
Otaku4Life
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

I Have Asperger's Syndrome Empty
PostSubject: I Have Asperger's Syndrome   I Have Asperger's Syndrome EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 8:50 am

I happen to have Asperger's Syndrome.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome
It's a high-functioning form of autism.
In recent news, people with Asperger's are being used as scapegoats for the tragic events that accured in Newtown, CT.
The NRA have been calling people like me "monsters" on national television because I happen to have the same condition as the lunatic who started this whole mess.
I would like to share with you on how I live my life as someone with Asperger's.
I sometimes feel very shy & have difficulties making eye contact with other people.
People with Asperger's are also intelligent people who are good at solving problem and have intense fascinations in something they're interested in.
For example, I'm highly fascinated by Japanese culture, anime and enjoy studying the Japanese language.
Some people with Asperger's aren't that much social with others, but I happen to be very social.
I go to anime conventions and have already visited Los Angeles, CA & Tokyo, Japan twice by myself so far.
I've been making lots of new friends everywhere I go.
I even have a girlfriend I've met at a anime convention who loves me very much.
And finally, I enjoy interacting with people on social network sites like Facebook and blogs such as this one.
Here are a few movie titles and a list of famous people who have Asperger's Syndrome.
http://www.imdb.com/keyword/asperger%27s-syndrome/
http://www.1channel.ch/?tag=Asperger%27s+Syndrome
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_famous_people_have_Asperger%27s_Syndrome

Last edited by Otaku4Life on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Subterfuge

Subterfuge

PostSubject: Re: I Have Asperger's Syndrome   I Have Asperger's Syndrome EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 9:37 am

Well, from the way you're describing it, I'm probably like that as well. I never got the diagnosis, but it does sound like me!
Back to top Go down
jaltesorensen

jaltesorensen

PostSubject: Re: I Have Asperger's Syndrome   I Have Asperger's Syndrome EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 3:33 am

Personally i think i got Asperger's too, to some degree.

I'm also intensely interested in many things, that i have no real use for. I have found few people who share my interests, and to the degrees my interests go. I am a shy person, who naturally keeps a distance to people i dont know (and especially loud and extrovert people, with lots of hand gestures).

For me it's just a question of acknowledging that i do not live up to all the expectations I feel the society puts on me (even though it dosent), about everyone needing to be extrovert people with no fears of anything (social). I have to accept that i have to find my own path to happines. And i can not follow what others have done. Never. Because i will never be like them. And the great unknown future still frightens me. But many people have it that way i guess. It's just hard to accept that you are an outlier, in accordance to everyone else, when you always wanted to be like everyone else.

Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: I Have Asperger's Syndrome   I Have Asperger's Syndrome EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 3:58 am

Here's a few trailers of movies about Asperger's Syndrome.

Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: I Have Asperger's Syndrome   I Have Asperger's Syndrome EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:50 am

Otaku4Life wrote:
I happen to have Asperger's Syndrome.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome
It's a high-functioning form of autism.
In recent news, people with Asperger's are being used as scapegoats for the tragic events that accured in Newtown, CT.
The NRA have been calling people like me "monsters" on national television because I happen to have the same condition as the lunatic who started this whole mess.
I would like to share with you on how I live my life as someone with Asperger's.
I sometimes feel very shy & have difficulties making eye contact with other people.
People with Asperger's are also intelligent people who are good at solving problem and have intense fascinations in something they're interested in.
For example, I'm highly fascinated by Japanese culture, anime and enjoy studying the Japanese language.
Some people with Asperger's aren't that much social with others, but I happen to be very social.
I go to anime conventions and have already visited Los Angeles, CA & Tokyo, Japan twice by myself so far.
I've been making lots of new friends everywhere I go.
I even have a girlfriend I've met at a anime convention who loves me very much.
And finally, I enjoy interacting with people on social network sites like Facebook and blogs such as this one.
Here are a few movie titles and a list of famous people who have Asperger's Syndrome.
http://www.imdb.com/keyword/asperger%27s-syndrome/

I was actually tested for Asperger Syndrome as a kid and turned out i didnt have it. My best friend who i live with has it and shes one of the coolest people i ever met. Though i dont have it myself i know enough about it to have an idea how its like. I myself Suffer from Bi-polar,OCD and ADHD lol.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
Subterfuge

Subterfuge

PostSubject: Re: I Have Asperger's Syndrome   I Have Asperger's Syndrome EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 8:49 am

Here's a question: Do you guys know if you are born with asperger's? Or can you develop it later on in life?
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: I Have Asperger's Syndrome   I Have Asperger's Syndrome EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 8:51 am

Subterfuge wrote:

Here's a question: Do you guys know if you are born with asperger's? Or can you develop it later on in life?

i think you have to be born with Aspergers in order to have it. i know my friend was born with it. Im pretty sure i was born with the mental disorders i have.
Back to top Go down
Subterfuge

Subterfuge

PostSubject: Re: I Have Asperger's Syndrome   I Have Asperger's Syndrome EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 8:53 am

Thanks.

I'm asking because nowadays it seems most, if not all, of the syndromes Otaku described in his original post apply to me but it wasn't always the case. So that makes me curious.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: I Have Asperger's Syndrome   I Have Asperger's Syndrome EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 12:19 pm

i'm sorry to hear that you have that. my 5 year old niece has autism. but thankfully it's NOT the worst kind. she can speak fine. though she has had speech therapy to help us understand her better. she was forced to do an extra year of preschool cause so she can relate to kids more better.

and she talks to herself as well. though i love her to death. i do hope she gets better as she gets older of course.
so i guess what i am saying is that she doesn't have the worst kind of autism. so that's something isn't it? a start anyways.
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: I Have Asperger's Syndrome   I Have Asperger's Syndrome EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 5:12 am

As a child, I had some speech problems and had to go to a speech therapist.
When I entered elementary school, I was put into the special education classroom.
However, I was more smarter than the rest of the class and my teacher sent me to the regular classes for math, English, history & art.
In high school, I went to JC Penny's for job training.
When I got back, I went to the regular classes as well until I finally graduated.
I decided not to go to college because it felt like too much of a pain for me with how much it costs to enroll.
A few years later after I graduated, I suddenly got bored and decided to learn Japanese & went to Japan the following year.
While I was there, the Japanese were very surprised that a foreigner such as myself can speak perfect Japanese (even if I knew a little bit).
Most people with Asperger's seem to kind certain thing distracting and a bit uncomfortable.
I for one personally dislike watching anime with English dubbing.
That's because the voice actors seem not to be making any sense with their translations by ad libbing certain phrases that are usually not consistent with the original Japanese dialogue and they sometimes seem to be melodramatic.
I prefer watching anime in Japanese with subtitles as a fun way to pick up on my Japanese language lessons and be able to hear & watch each episode the way they are meant to be heard.
Also, mainly because of today's economy and financial troubles in America, I'm not yet ready to get married and have children.
My girlfriend agrees with me as well and decided not to rush into a serious relationship at once.
Eventhough people around me who doesn't have Asperger's Syndrome may think I'm strange, I enjoy being someone who thinks for himself and enjoy doing things & going places that interests me the most.

Last edited by Otaku4Life on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: I Have Asperger's Syndrome   I Have Asperger's Syndrome EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 5:13 am

I Have Asperger's Syndrome Asperg10
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: I Have Asperger's Syndrome   I Have Asperger's Syndrome EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 5:15 am

Here's an episode of "Arthur" about someone who has Asperger's.
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: I Have Asperger's Syndrome   I Have Asperger's Syndrome EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 7:44 am

According to IMDb, Microsoft chairman Bill Gates is diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome as well.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0309540/bio
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: I Have Asperger's Syndrome   I Have Asperger's Syndrome EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:06 am

Otaku4Life wrote:
According to IMDb, Microsoft chairman Bill Gates is diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome as well.

i know keanu reeves,Bob dylan and the pokemon Creator have it. its rumored Ally Sheedy might have it.
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: I Have Asperger's Syndrome   I Have Asperger's Syndrome EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:16 am

Angie Matera wrote:
Otaku4Life wrote:

i know keanu reeves,Bob dylan and the pokemon Creator have it. its rumored Ally Sheedy might have it.
Here's a list of famous people with Asperger's Syndrome.
Jim Henson is also on the list as well.
Back to top Go down
Sickler

Sickler

PostSubject: Re: I Have Asperger's Syndrome   I Have Asperger's Syndrome EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 8:25 pm

No, stop that. That's a list of people that are speculated, with no citation as to who made the speculation, to have Asperger's. Even the citations listed on another site I Googled are suspect at best, including listing themselves as a reliable reference.

I don't doubt there are successful people with Asperger's, but posting lists all willy nilly like that just makes the whole thing look silly.

Autism seems to be more prevalent amongst the names you listed than Asperger's. It's going to be especially problematic to find someone that successful that has themselves tested for the disorder, it'd be more like that kid's being diagnosed with it today who might grow up to be successful would be more open about it.

No offense intended by the post.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: I Have Asperger's Syndrome   I Have Asperger's Syndrome EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 11:45 am

Sickler wrote:
No, stop that. That's a list of people that are speculated, with no citation as to who made the speculation, to have Asperger's. Even the citations listed on another site I Googled are suspect at best, including listing themselves as a reliable reference.

I don't doubt there are successful people with Asperger's, but posting lists all willy nilly like that just makes the whole thing look silly.

Autism seems to be more prevalent amongst the names you listed than Asperger's. It's going to be especially problematic to find someone that successful that has themselves tested for the disorder, it'd be more like that kid's being diagnosed with it today who might grow up to be successful would be more open about it.

No offense intended by the post.

I know that Ladyhawke and the pokemon creator having it is offical
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: I Have Asperger's Syndrome   I Have Asperger's Syndrome EmptyMon May 13, 2013 8:04 am

Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: I Have Asperger's Syndrome   I Have Asperger's Syndrome EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 10:34 am

Here's an example of Asperger's Syndrome told by the late Philip Seymour Hoffman.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Have Asperger's Syndrome   I Have Asperger's Syndrome Empty

Back to top Go down

I Have Asperger's Syndrome
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cinema Snob :: Other Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: