Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

J.J. Abrams To Direct "Star Wars" Sequel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Otaku4Life

PostSubject: J.J. Abrams To Direct "Star Wars" Sequel   Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:52 am

"Super 8" & "Star Trek" director J.J. Abrams has been chosen to direct the sequel to "Star Wars" (now owned by Disney).
What are your thoughts about it?
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1700853/star-wars-jj-abrams-opinion.jhtml?xrs=eml_MTVNews4-1-28-star-wars
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theGerman

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct "Star Wars" Sequel   Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:46 am

Why not...could have been a lot worse. I mean I'm not a big Lost-Fan, but I really liked his movies and the Trailer for Star Trek into Darkness (and the leaked 10 mins Preview) looked really awesome. Will be interesting to see Star Wars and Star Trek done by the same director...Lens Flares incoming
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct "Star Wars" Sequel   Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:51 am

i'm curious what his take on it as well. i think if anyone could do it he can. it could be worse much worse we could have Uwe Boll do it or worse than him. sorry his is the only one i can think of right now. but my point is it could be far far worse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChaosTheory

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct "Star Wars" Sequel   Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:00 am

Yeah, you wouldn't know it to hear the Trekkies tell it (I still don't get all the hate for STAR TREK '09, it had plenty of flaws, but it's not like that series had such a stellar track record anyway) but this isn't really a bad choice. He obviously loves sci-fi.
That said, I can't really work up much enthusiasm about it either. That's nothing to do with Abrams, but Lucas has pretty much burned the franchise to the ground; and it's a Disney property now, that doesn't sit particularly well with me. But of course, I'm kidding myself if I say I won't still watch it. The (disgruntled fangirl) Force is strong with me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://anxietycloset.storenvy.com
Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct "Star Wars" Sequel   Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:14 am

If Super 8 is any indication, I hope he can play with nostalgia and the sense of wonder that was so integral to the original Star Wars films before older, jaded Lucas derailed them with trade commissions and self-indulgent effects.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct "Star Wars" Sequel   Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:31 pm

fuck lucas. i'm not saying J.J. can save the series but i'm keeping an open mind my friend. anything is possible. and honestly iv'e never heard anyone say how bad the last Trek movie is a LOT of people i've talked to in real life and online seem to love it. even some of the trekkies. but to each their own i guess.

my point is that i have no idea if he can save the series or not. and if he does that's fucking fantastic. i actually liked the last star wars film. but it of course has plenty of flaws. there's no doubt about it. and the way i look at it even if the next one is a decent film it's at least going to have people say well at least Lucas didn't totally ruin the series. it was saved somewhat by J.J. A. i forget how to spell his last night so don't mind me. he he
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChaosTheory

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct "Star Wars" Sequel   Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:21 am

wildhoney66 wrote:
fuck lucas. i'm not saying J.J. can save the series but i'm keeping an open mind my friend. anything is possible. and honestly iv'e never heard anyone say how bad the last Trek movie is a LOT of people i've talked to in real life and online seem to love it. even some of the trekkies. but to each their own i guess.

Maybe it's just on the other forums I belong to LOL. (Over at badmovies.org, they treat Abrams like he's the AntiChrist.) But surely nobody can screw it up worse than Lucas already has.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://anxietycloset.storenvy.com
Razzly

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct "Star Wars" Sequel   Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:34 am

Star Wars has always been irrelevant to me. Nonetheless, I await whatever he as to offer.

Because I know I'll end up seeing it anyway, no matter what i do...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct "Star Wars" Sequel   Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:18 am

I think he can do a good job with it. I never watched Lost and i hated MI3 but i thought he did a good job with the Star trek reboot and Super 8 was a great film. Im mostly glad that star wars is out of lucas's hands now since he really harmed his own franchise with those awful prequals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct "Star Wars" Sequel   Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:39 am

i love LOST but the ending is a WTF moment. the aired version of the last episode had me going what the fuck did i just watch? on the blu-ray and dvd it's 20 minutes longer! if you can believe it. so i haven't got that yet. i only have seasons 1-3 on blu-ray so far.

i do agree though that people are pissed i'm sure about him doing star wars. it's funny how hell even Josh Hadley has said that it's funny that the best one in the series Lucas had nothing to do with! to quote him. he's right too.

Empire is the best one. i love star wars as much as anyone. but the prequels didn't piss me when i 1st saw them like they do so many people. you can take them or leave them that's my way of looking at it. not to long ago i watched the Phatom Menance again since i 1st saw it in the theatre way back in (1999) back than i loved it.

if you are going to ask me why i dunno. my thoughts of it have changed somewhat. the film i think is over long no doubt.
and Jake Lloyd's acting back than i thought wasn't to bad. but let me say that i was younger and i also didn't have high expecations when i first saw it either. my thoughts like i said is that it's over long it's not a great film but there was some parts of it i enjoyed. the film drags on to much. when things are actually happening it gets a bit better. and though Jar Jar i didn't mind back than. he is yes annoying as hell.

but oddly at some point he gets a tiny bit better. notice i did say tiny. and of course i still think that Darth Maul as much as they used him in promotion back than he was barely in it. and really there was no need to even put him in the damn film at all. he really doesn't do anything in it cept for his death scene.

the 2nd prequel was a bit better i think. these are gong by my rewatches. i haven't w'atched the 3rd one again since i 1st saw it in the theatre.

my point is i went open minded in these prequels. and they didn't piss me off like they do so many people. my expecations weren't as high as they were so many people is my point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Toyland Chairman

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct "Star Wars" Sequel   Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:16 am

I'm sort of divided between "happy and why bother" when it comes to a new STAR WARS. As long as a lot of the previous cast members return, I think it could be fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct "Star Wars" Sequel   Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:15 am

that's how i view it as well. hey Lucas isn't touching any of them so i'm a bit more open to it. while i don't hate the prequels like many do. i do agree they aren't as good as the original trilogy. so i'm open to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct "Star Wars" Sequel   Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:30 am

i heard Rumors that Ben affleck and Matthew vaugn might direct the other sequals.both goo choices IMO.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct "Star Wars" Sequel   Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:32 am

i dunno, see i don't mind the tim burton one. many hate it but i liked it. is the last one better than that one yes it is no doubt. but i think for the time (2001) it had some nice ideas and i just love the guy who did the make-up for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct "Star Wars" Sequel   Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:46 am

wildhoney66 wrote:
i dunno, see i don't mind the tim burton one. many hate it but i liked it. is the last one better than that one yes it is no doubt. but i think for the time (2001) it had some nice ideas and i just love the guy who did the make-up for it.

im guessing this was ment to be posted on a different topic lol.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct "Star Wars" Sequel   Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:47 am

yes it was sorry, i'm also watching the oscars so going back and forth i didn't realize it oh well
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct "Star Wars" Sequel   Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:52 am

lol its fine.ANd Yeah i love Rick Baker to. one of my favorit effects artists.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct "Star Wars" Sequel   Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:07 am

actually he is my favorite well him and of course Tom Savini. and i like a few others of course
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams To Direct "Star Wars" Sequel   

Back to top Go down

J.J. Abrams To Direct "Star Wars" Sequel
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1