The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What Was The First R-Rated Movie You've Seen In Theaters?

Go down 
+9
Toyland Chairman
JLBishop84
Frank Rizzo
ChaosTheory
Longinus
Angie Matera
polygonalchemist
wildhoney66
Otaku4Life
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AVPGuyver21

AVPGuyver21

What Was The First R-Rated Movie You've Seen In Theaters? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Was The First R-Rated Movie You've Seen In Theaters?   What Was The First R-Rated Movie You've Seen In Theaters? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 3:29 am

The second R-rated movie I've seen in theaters was Alien Resurrection back in 1997. I was six years old and I enjoy it back then. Now I can't stand it.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: What Was The First R-Rated Movie You've Seen In Theaters?   What Was The First R-Rated Movie You've Seen In Theaters? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 6:10 am

that is easily the worst one of the series no doubt about that. but it's got it's moments. i didn't say there there are a LOT of them. but i do think that W.Ryder is miscast and i like her as an actress i wonder if she thinks that way now?
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: What Was The First R-Rated Movie You've Seen In Theaters?   What Was The First R-Rated Movie You've Seen In Theaters? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 7:48 am

Yeah that movie was terrible even worse then part 3 or the AVP films. I usally like Joss whedon as a writer and Jean Pirre Januet as a director but that was not there movie. The first Alien is one of my all times favorites.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
pale-suzie

pale-suzie

PostSubject: Re: What Was The First R-Rated Movie You've Seen In Theaters?   What Was The First R-Rated Movie You've Seen In Theaters? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 5:21 am

My parents didn't take the whole rating system very seriously, in fact one of my first clear memories is the ear necklace from Universal Soldier... so I'm not sure entirely sure, but the first movie I watched in the movie theater that I know had an R-rating was South Park the movie, I was 11, my little sister 9, my mom came along so we could get in... thank you mom. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: What Was The First R-Rated Movie You've Seen In Theaters?   What Was The First R-Rated Movie You've Seen In Theaters? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 8:58 am

pale-suzie wrote:
My parents didn't take the whole rating system very seriously, in fact one of my first clear memories is the ear necklace from Universal Soldier... so I'm not sure entirely sure, but the first movie I watched in the movie theater that I know had an R-rating was South Park the movie, I was 11, my little sister 9, my mom came along so we could get in... thank you mom. Very Happy

thats awesome lol. yeah my nether my bio-logical or my adotive parents too the rating system seriously. i guess i lucked out.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: What Was The First R-Rated Movie You've Seen In Theaters?   What Was The First R-Rated Movie You've Seen In Theaters? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 10:10 am

my parents didn't take it that serious but it depended on the film. i was oh 20 or 21 when that came out and i went with my mom actually to see it as well. me and her laughed our asses off as we sat in i think the front row. or close it anyways.

anways as for the rating system they'd cover my eyes when it came to nudity. used to piss me off. not cause i'd miss the nudity but cause i'd be in the middle of watching a film than all of a sudden they'd cover my eyes was more annoything than anything.

what they did and i can live with this is sometimes they'd have my brother watch it 1st and if he said i could watch it i could. they never really gave a shit if i watched a horror film but i think it depended on the horror film.

in short they weren't to bad. it was just sex scenes or nudity really they cared about. not about if someone was getting their head cut off. i wasn't allowed to watch X rated films and later NC-17 films for a number of years but that i can understand ya know? what used to piss me off as a kid is when a PG or a PG13 film would have nudity and i'd be forced to get my eyes covered. imagine that films back than being that daring NOT to day though.
at some point PG-13 would have nudity in them. but these days it really various. NC-17 films are more around now than they used to be when i was kid. i didn't have brad's parents who didn't give a shit if i watched a Shannon Tweed film on that they did care.

but if it was an Elm Street film they'd just have my brother watch and ask him can he handle it? and that's about it.
Back to top Go down
ozzy554

PostSubject: Re: What Was The First R-Rated Movie You've Seen In Theaters?   What Was The First R-Rated Movie You've Seen In Theaters? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 7:11 am

well my parents never took me to R rated movies, i could watch them all i wanted at home though. I guess that depending on what was in the movie they didd'nt want to look bad. So the first one that i was able to see in theatres was boondock saints II: all saints day (my uncle took me.) The first one was one of my favorite movies, and i did like the second one but i will say that the comedy should have been tuned WAY down.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: What Was The First R-Rated Movie You've Seen In Theaters?   What Was The First R-Rated Movie You've Seen In Theaters? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 7:42 am

Really you love those films? i haven't seen the 2nd one. but i downloaded the 1st one a couple years back. and i thought ti was a piece of shit. my mom who i watched it with also thought it was a piece of shit. i've been a Sean Patrick Flannery fan since his Indy days in the early 90's. so that's why i wanted to see it.
Back to top Go down
ozzy554

PostSubject: Re: What Was The First R-Rated Movie You've Seen In Theaters?   What Was The First R-Rated Movie You've Seen In Theaters? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 8:52 am

wildhoney66 wrote:
Really you love those films? i haven't seen the 2nd one. but i downloaded the 1st one a couple years back. and i thought ti was a piece of shit. my mom who i watched it with also thought it was a piece of shit. i've been a Sean Patrick Flannery fan since his Indy days in the early 90's. so that's why i wanted to see it.

Its just one of those things where people either love them or hate them. I have heard almost nothing inbetween.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: What Was The First R-Rated Movie You've Seen In Theaters?   What Was The First R-Rated Movie You've Seen In Theaters? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 9:10 am

oh i don't hold it against you, i dunno how many times i've heard people say how much the love the series so i went well ok it sounds like it would be good. and it really was dissapointing that it ended up being a shitty film. but if you like it that's fine.

you are right it's a love it or hate it, like for example i can talk endlessly on how shitty the film "No Country for old men' is but for some reason people love it. i don't get why but it's their choice. the film bored the living shit out of me.

maybe the book is better i dunno? but the film is shit. sorry for going off topic but you see my point i'm sure. you either love the film or hate it like you said.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: What Was The First R-Rated Movie You've Seen In Theaters?   What Was The First R-Rated Movie You've Seen In Theaters? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 9:40 am

ozzy554 wrote:
wildhoney66 wrote:

Its just one of those things where people either love them or hate them. I have heard almost nothing inbetween.

actually i didnt love or hate it.i enjoy the first one though i didnt think it was the masterpiece people think it is. second one sucked to me.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: What Was The First R-Rated Movie You've Seen In Theaters?   What Was The First R-Rated Movie You've Seen In Theaters? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 10:29 am

oh ok. well that's a film i'll NEVER watch again once was enough. but to each their own.
Back to top Go down
Weezy-LUiGi

Weezy-LUiGi

PostSubject: RE: What Was The First R-Rated Movie You've Seen In Theaters?   What Was The First R-Rated Movie You've Seen In Theaters? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 4:00 am

First one I saw in theaters was PUBLIC ENEMIES. I remember liking that one, but I haven't seen it since then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Was The First R-Rated Movie You've Seen In Theaters?   What Was The First R-Rated Movie You've Seen In Theaters? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Was The First R-Rated Movie You've Seen In Theaters?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2