The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread

Go down 
+6
wildhoney66
ozzy554
Angry Molesting Tree
Mondo a Go-Go
Frank Rizzo
Hybrid Pig-Boy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Hybrid Pig-Boy

Hybrid Pig-Boy

The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread   The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 9:20 am

Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread   The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 9:34 am

*eyeroll*

I watched the Red Band trailer for this remake, and it just comes off as gross/disgusting rather then scary. And it's not even a "gross in a funny way" thing, it's just a "Gross just to be gross" kinda thing.
Back to top Go down
Mondo a Go-Go

Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread   The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 4:42 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
*eyeroll*

I watched the Red Band trailer for this remake, and it just comes off as gross/disgusting rather then scary. And it's not even a "gross in a funny way" thing, it's just a "Gross just to be gross" kinda thing.
Is that a bad thing, since the driving ideology behind the original was to be gross just to be gross?
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread   The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 5:10 am

Mondo a Go-Go wrote:
Frank Rizzo wrote:
*eyeroll*

Is that a bad thing, since the driving ideology behind the original was to be gross just to be gross?

It was at least spooky, had a good atmosphere, and was, at times, scary.

This remake has none of that going for it, judging from the trailer...
Back to top Go down
Angry Molesting Tree

Angry Molesting Tree

PostSubject: Re: The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread   The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 4:26 pm

Try not to dismiss it too quickly, it could be good. Considering how angry I was when I heard they were remaking The Evil Dead, honestly I think the trailer looks alright. It won't be nearly as good as the original but it looks like something the fans will enjoy. I dunno, I'm going to wait until I see it to have too strong an opinion on it, though.

At the very least, there's no CGI (apparently). I can get behind that. Especially after having watched The Thing (2011) for the first time today.
Back to top Go down
ozzy554

PostSubject: Re: The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread   The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 7:18 am

well so far ive heard nothing but fantastic things about this movie, so i will most likely be seeing this opening night.

Also on a side note i heard sam raimi is writing an army of darkness 2
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread   The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 7:40 am

folks you are forgetting one thing trailers can make a film look like shit that are good or great. and they can also make films that are shitty as fuck look good.

so i try not think too much about it. i also have heard nothing but good things about it. another Site i belong to called Full Moon Underground one of the guys on it saw an advance private screening and he fucking LOVED IT! he went i think with his wife. and he's going again opening day. so that has my attention if it's worth seeing again.

nobody expects it to be as good as the original and anyone who thinks it will is a fucking idiot. my advice? have low expecations but not to low. that way if you love it you will be surprised. and if you high expectations you will be pissed if you hate it. that's my take on it anyways.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread   The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 7:53 am

i think it actually looks decent. i doubt it will be anyware near as good as the old trlogy but it might be cool.i also heard that they are also finally making an evil dead 4.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread   The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 8:24 am

me to actually. i think it looks promising. now that is just me seeing the trailer. but i say that cause of the good things i've heard about it, if i hadn't heard any of that than i'd be saying that it looks ok. i'll at some point watch either way at some point.
Back to top Go down
theGerman

theGerman

PostSubject: Re: The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread   The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 2:22 pm

I'll definitely be watching this...no way it's gonna beat the original, but even a remake can stand on it's own and be good.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread   The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 6:48 pm

yes it can and though it's RARE it can. i dunno anyone anyone else but i kinda liked the Friday the 13th remake. it sure has a shitload of flaws but i thought it was a decent flix. and the Elm Street film well the remake was a decent one but

i just didn't like how they made him a pedophile. but i did like the connection the teens had with each other.

also it was over long and a bit boring honestly. at least for me it was.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread   The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 12:16 am

wildhoney66 wrote:
yes it can and though it's RARE it can. i dunno anyone anyone else but i kinda liked the Friday the 13th remake. it sure has a shitload of flaws but i thought it was a decent flix. and the Elm Street film well the remake was a decent one but

i just didn't like how they made him a pedophile. but i did like the connection the teens had with each other.

i wasnt too crazy about the jason remake but i did enjoy the freddy remake which alot of people seem to hate. not as good as the oringal by any means or even part 3(which is my fav) by a decent remake.
Back to top Go down
Subterfuge

Subterfuge

PostSubject: Re: The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread   The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 12:44 am

Angie Matera wrote:
wildhoney66 wrote:

i wasnt too crazy about the jason remake but i did enjoy the freddy remake which alot of people seem to hate. not as good as the oringal by any means or even part 3(which is my fav) by a decent remake.

But! But!... it was made by Michael Bay! Shocked
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread   The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 3:30 am

oh i don't give a shit if it was a michael bay film or not. i don't hate the guy like most people seem to. as for which is my favorite jason movie? part 2 actually. it always has been. going into these films i don't expect them to be as good as the originals, i go in with really low expecations most of the time.

i didn't expect to enjoy any part of those remakes to be honest. but i did. some remakes are good, not many but some are.
Back to top Go down
Subterfuge

Subterfuge

PostSubject: Re: The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread   The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 6:07 pm

Quote :
oh i don't give a shit if it was a michael bay film or not. i don't hate the guy like most people seem to.

oh I don't hate the guy, just the movies he makes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread   The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 1:59 am

well ok i can understand that but there are plenty of people who hate NOT only his movies but the man himself.

as for me some of his movies i like. like i enjoy his "Bad Boys' films. "The Rock' is a bad ass film. those are fun to watch.
of shit he's directed. many love and many hate 'The Island' but honestly i've never seen that one or the original either. cause i believe that's a remake
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread   The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 7:52 am

Subterfuge wrote:
Angie Matera wrote:
wildhoney66 wrote:

But! But!... it was made by Michael Bay! Shocked

acutally its just made by his company he didnt direct or write it. if he did it would probally be a disaster. i usally hate anything he directs with the exception of The rock
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread   The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 8:18 am

like i said some of his films i like and some of them i don't.
Back to top Go down
Skibz

Skibz

PostSubject: Re: The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread   The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 1:08 pm

As Brad has said many times, the success of Michael Bay's earlier films was largely due to the influence of Don Simpson. Bay's yet to produce anything worthwhile without him, in my honest opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theskibz
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread   The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 10:07 am

Skibz wrote:
As Brad has said many times, the success of Michael Bay's earlier films was largely due to the influence of Don Simpson. Bay's yet to produce anything worthwhile without him, in my honest opinion.
Yeah though i do hate Bad Boys. Once simpson dies it seems Jerry Buckhiermer turned to pg13 commerical shit.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread   The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 10:13 am

honestly i dunno what the last film i saw of his was. i love most of this tv shows though. some have been shitty but most of them i love. that i've seen anyways.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread   The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 10:17 am

wildhoney66 wrote:
honestly i dunno what the last film i saw of his was. i love most of this tv shows though. some have been shitty but most of them i love. that i've seen anyways.
i dont think ive seen any of his shows. alot of people are suprised by what shows ive never seen lol
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread   The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 11:12 am

well i love my CSI shows i love all 3 of them and his company puts that out. there are other shows that they do that are currently on air i forget which ones off the top of my head though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread   The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Officially Unofficial "Evil Dead" Remake Thread
Page 1 of 1