The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

An introduction, if you will...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Subrick

An introduction, if you will... Empty
PostSubject: An introduction, if you will...   An introduction, if you will... EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 9:01 am

Greetings to you all. I am, as my name says, Subrick. I saw no general introduction thread here, hence this thread's creation.

For starters, I'm from New England here in smelly old America, I'm a drummer for three rock/metal bands (names being Sorrowseed, Pandora's Toybox, and Blacksoul Seraphim), and if you get me going on a particular topic I find interesting I will go on about it. If there are any stragglers here from Spoony's forum you probably know who I am, although I sadly got permanently suspended from that site very recently. Either way, it's in the past and now I'm here.

Hopefully you'll find my presence here meaningful in some manner.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Subrick
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: An introduction, if you will...   An introduction, if you will... EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 9:16 am

Suspended from Spoony's forum?

Details....
Back to top Go down
Subrick

PostSubject: Re: An introduction, if you will...   An introduction, if you will... EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 9:25 am

Talking about politics too much. The final straw that broke the proverbial camel's back was saying that I'd rather watch A Serbian Film again instead of the Republican National Convention.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: An introduction, if you will...   An introduction, if you will... EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 9:38 am

Subrick wrote:
Talking about politics too much. The final straw that broke the proverbial camel's back was saying that I'd rather watch A Serbian Film again instead of the Republican National Convention.

I'd rather be the stunt person in A Serbian Film then watch that RNC trainwreck again.
Back to top Go down
Subrick

PostSubject: Re: An introduction, if you will...   An introduction, if you will... EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 9:44 am

I'd rather be the baby in A Serbian Film than watch the RNC.

...Too dark?
Back to top Go down
theGerman

theGerman

PostSubject: Re: An introduction, if you will...   An introduction, if you will... EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 2:13 pm

Subrick wrote:
I'd rather be the baby in A Serbian Film than watch the RNC.

...Too dark?
Perfect!
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: An introduction, if you will...   An introduction, if you will... EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 2:25 pm

I almost went to the RNC to campaign on behalf of Crystal Pepsi.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: An introduction, if you will...   An introduction, if you will... EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 11:01 am

well welcome to the site, and though i haven't seen 'the serbian film' i have no desire to see it cause of how bad it's suppose to be. and i pretty much follow what Jillian and Josh say on what the fuck on how both sides are pretty much full of shit. but the republicans seem to be more full of it than the democrats.

that's an odd way of being banned
Back to top Go down
Subrick

PostSubject: Re: An introduction, if you will...   An introduction, if you will... EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 11:10 am

Especially since I had never really been a giant douche to anyone before on that site. Oh well, what happened happened and now I'm here. The thing is that they have an incredibly strict no politics policy, to the point that they will gear up to shut down a thread if it even remotely starts talking about real world politics. Same thing with their no religion policy as well.
Back to top Go down
Subrick

PostSubject: Re: An introduction, if you will...   An introduction, if you will... EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 11:24 am

Also, A Serbian Film isn't a bad film, per se. As Brad said it's very well put together, very well acted, and the gore effects are very good. It's just that the content of the movie is really, really fucked up, particularly the baby rape and when the main guy unknowingly fucks his son so hard that his ass starts bleeding. It may be an exploitation film, but godDAMN is it effective.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: An introduction, if you will...   An introduction, if you will... EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 1:12 pm

well that still sounds like a film that isn't my taste but again to each their own.

a film can be well made and well acted and still be a piece of shit. i'm not calling serbian film a piece of shit per say,

it's just what i've heard that's all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An introduction, if you will...   An introduction, if you will... Empty

Back to top Go down

An introduction, if you will...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cinema Snob :: Other Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: