Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Nostalgia Critic has come to an end

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AVPGuyver21

PostSubject: Nostalgia Critic has come to an end    Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:59 am

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/video-updates/36516-no-more-nostalgia-critic

It's a shame to see NC come to an end. I will miss the NC but I'm happy that I have other people on the site keep me happy too. I have been a fan since 2008 and I'm glad that I got great laughs over the past few years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia Critic has come to an end    Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:50 am

Hasn't been keeping up with To Boldly Flee. Abruptly has this dropped in his lap. My face...

I have no face for this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BoylandtheLiberator

PostSubject: I have done a tribute to Nostalgia critic   Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:55 pm

Yes I am sad hes ended it, however I think he would rather it ended under its own terms than with fans being sick of it and demanding it ended. Go out on top and he gave us 4 years and I think thats plenty. Anyway here's my tribute to the Nsotalgia ciritc enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJf45wN0pwk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skibz

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia Critic has come to an end    Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:43 pm

I never watched much of the Nostalgia Critic - or much of TGWTG.com, for that matter - but I really have to commend Doug on his artistic integrity. To suddenly retire his flagship character/moneymaker and start focusing on entirely new material is a bold and unexpected move, but a smart one: fans don't want to see the character get stale and I'm sure Doug doesn't want to be typecast as a performer.

Honestly, Doug's not really that bad of a writer; if he worked with more people other than his brother, he could probably come up with a lot of fresh and funny new ideas. I'm genuinely curious to see what he has to offer next.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/theskibz
jaltesorensen

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia Critic has come to an end    Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:51 pm

It's sad. Though i really didnt watch the last couple of episodes he did. I didnt really feel any way what so ever for the movies he reviewed, and i always ended up stopping 15 minutes into the 30 minute episode, cause i mostly had heard of the movie or didnt think it was as bad for it to need a review like that.

The nostalgia critic has been shelved. But he isnt dead. He can return. And im sure his new show will be great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hybrid Pig-Boy

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia Critic has come to an end    Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:40 am

I had a feeling this would happen, but I'm glad he decided to do it now and not when he would be running out of movies to review. That's how I always saw it going down: he'd be sitting there with a single movie in his hand and saying, "Yep. I've run through everything else. All I have left is this movie." So calling it quits when you're in the prime and still pumping some serious gold out is actually a better alternative. Calvin and Hobbes ran for ten fucking years, and yet they were still strong when they ended.

I can't wait to see what Doug has in store, even though it just won't be the same. Whatever Doug does I enjoy, and I'm grateful to have met him when he was the Critic.

Here's hoping for another great run, Doug!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia Critic has come to an end    

Back to top Go down

Nostalgia Critic has come to an end
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cinema Snob :: Channel Awesome-
Jump to: