The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your exposure to Pierre Kirby

Go down 
+10
The Man in Black
A Cockatrice
Eckertmania
thegormer
MagnaRyu
Deadpool
The Original Greaser Bob
shaun millington
UnholyMephistopheles
ermac
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ermac

Your exposure to Pierre Kirby Empty
PostSubject: Your exposure to Pierre Kirby   Your exposure to Pierre Kirby EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 9:33 am

What was your first time?

Did the Snob "enlighten" you, or had you seen him before?

I had actually seen a Kirby movie when I was 9-10, since those types of exploitation movies were really popular where I am from, but I thought the movie was really damn stupid(it was American Commando 2 btw) plus the terrible quality of the vhs and my countries customary monovoice(read guy in his basement speaks into a microphone) dub over the original dub of the movie really couldn't hold my attention. Though I did like some of the action scenes. I had totally forgotten 'till the Snob had his Pierre Kirby week. Thanks for bringing back silly memories of sillier movies Brad Very Happy
Back to top Go down
UnholyMephistopheles

UnholyMephistopheles

PostSubject: Re: Your exposure to Pierre Kirby   Your exposure to Pierre Kirby EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:06 am

the snob enlightened me and him being on Spoonys site enlightened me of the snob and Spoony being on TGWTG enlightened me of the Spoony and AVGN enlightened me of TGWTG and randomly surfing youtube 3 years ago enlightened me of AVGN so surfing the internet= win
Back to top Go down
shaun millington

shaun millington

PostSubject: Re: Your exposure to Pierre Kirby   Your exposure to Pierre Kirby EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:23 am

I actually want to find out the real truth about what happened to Pierre Kirby, though it is believed he is dead, I am not sure?

I been thinking of setting up a "What happened to 'Pierre Kirby" facebook page, see what may happen?
Back to top Go down
http://shauntm.deviantart.com/
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Your exposure to Pierre Kirby   Your exposure to Pierre Kirby EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 11:14 am

shaun millington wrote:
I actually want to find out the real truth about what happened to Pierre Kirby, though it is believed he is dead, I am not sure?

I been thinking of setting up a "What happened to 'Pierre Kirby" facebook page, see what may happen?
I like to think he's just chilling on an island somewhere in the South Pacific, preferably surrounded by an entourage of pretty young women from Singapore.
Back to top Go down
ermac

PostSubject: Re: Your exposure to Pierre Kirby   Your exposure to Pierre Kirby EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 11:18 am

It is quite possible, that he wanted to disappear after his experiences with Ho. I just really can't believe the whole pirate story. Sounds quite far-fetched. Though you never know in this day of age...

@shaun I think Brad mentioned it in one of his Pierre Kirby Week videos, that after the whole pirate thing, some guy saw him at a hotel, supposedly yelled at him, but Pierre just turned around and walked away never to be seen again. It's quite the mystery indeed.

Last edited by ermac on Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shaun millington

shaun millington

PostSubject: Re: Your exposure to Pierre Kirby   Your exposure to Pierre Kirby EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 11:19 am

The Dude wrote:
shaun millington wrote:

I like to think he's just chilling on an island somewhere in the South Pacific, preferably surrounded by an entourage of pretty young women from Singapore.

He could very well be, but it is strange that nobody knows, he must have family somewhere? This is truly is a case for 'Cinema Snob mysteries'

I also just bought Kirby movies off eBay Smile
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Your exposure to Pierre Kirby   Your exposure to Pierre Kirby EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 11:25 am

ermac wrote:
It is quite possible, that he wanted to disappear after his experiences with Ho. I just really can't believe the whole pirate story. Sounds quite far-fetched. Though you never know in this day of age...

@shaun I think Brad mentioned it in one of his Pierre Kirby Week videos, that after the whole pirate thing, some guy saw him at a hotel, supposedly yelled at him, but Pierre just turned around and walked away never to be seen again. It's quite the mystery indeed.
One thing you have to say about Kirby: he knows how to make a dramatic exit.
Back to top Go down
ermac

PostSubject: Re: Your exposure to Pierre Kirby   Your exposure to Pierre Kirby EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 11:32 am

I think someone should approach Silvester Stallone and tell him all about Pierre, show him some of his awesome skills. I think Sly will recognize his awesomeness and call a world wide man-search for the guy, so that he can be in the next Expendables movie.
Back to top Go down
UnholyMephistopheles

UnholyMephistopheles

PostSubject: Re: Your exposure to Pierre Kirby   Your exposure to Pierre Kirby EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 1:07 pm

Man 1 they speak of the man named Pierre Kirby
Man 2 Pierre Kirby is no man he is a god sent from Odin to avenge the death of Thor
Man 1 no we can not discus this
Man 2 mark my words with you least expect it he will find you and punish you for your disbelief
Man 1 your insane
Pierre Kirby i just happen to be a certified psychologist
Man 1 oh shit

this was an excerpt from my screen play Pierre Kirby:Ass Kicker
Back to top Go down
Deadpool

Deadpool

PostSubject: Re: Your exposure to Pierre Kirby   Your exposure to Pierre Kirby EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 3:27 pm

I was introduced to who pierre kirby was thru the cinema snob videos, however i DID know who godfrey ho was. I first learned about him by picking up a copy of robo vampires simply because of the cover. It was robocop shooting the hell out of a bunch of chinese hopping ghosts, clearly done by someone who had a gun held to his head. I noticed it was three films slammed into one. Some nonsensical plot about a cyborg being sent to south asia to kill pirates being shoved into what's obviously a slapstick comedy based on hello mr vampire. IMDB link here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0121694/

After seeing that train wreck, i noticed i had another movie that was the same deal, random shit thrown together: Kickboxer from Hell. Then another: Full Metal Ninja. It just kept going. The pierre kirby thing just never occurred to me. I figured they just shot like four movies at a time, and found some way to shoehorn a plot around it.
Back to top Go down
MagnaRyu

MagnaRyu

PostSubject: Re: Your exposure to Pierre Kirby   Your exposure to Pierre Kirby EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 12:05 am

we even certain his name is really Pierre Kirby, it may have been a name he was just using.
Far as we know he could be livining in the USA somewhere under his real name, in some small "podunk" town.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Your exposure to Pierre Kirby   Your exposure to Pierre Kirby EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 1:11 am

MagnaRyu wrote:
we even certain his name is really Pierre Kirby, it may have been a name he was just using.
Far as we know he could be livining in the USA somewhere under his real name, in some small "podunk" town.
There are supposedly several man in the U.S. living by the name Pierre Kirby.
Back to top Go down
thegormer

thegormer

PostSubject: Re: Your exposure to Pierre Kirby   Your exposure to Pierre Kirby EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 10:06 am

Who will be found first? Pierre Kirby or Eric Freeman?
Back to top Go down
Eckertmania

Eckertmania

PostSubject: Re: Your exposure to Pierre Kirby   Your exposure to Pierre Kirby EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 10:49 am

thegormer wrote:

Jimmy Hoffa.
Back to top Go down
http://asliceomind.wordpress.com/
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Your exposure to Pierre Kirby   Your exposure to Pierre Kirby EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 1:53 pm

Eckertmania wrote:
thegormer wrote:

Jimmy Hoffa.
I'm telling you, man: he's buried under Giants Stadium.
Back to top Go down
shaun millington

shaun millington

PostSubject: Re: Your exposure to Pierre Kirby   Your exposure to Pierre Kirby EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 8:57 pm

Okay, since I never elaborated, I first came across Kirby during the 1st video Brad did, forgot what its called right now, and then was happy to see Kirby week. Then I thought that was it, much like Brad did himself, until recently, which I am glad of because I got to do 2 Kirby title cards Smile

There is also another film which supposedly has Kirby in it called 'crackdown mission' but I am sure Snob will review that one day, if it is true.
Back to top Go down
A Cockatrice

A Cockatrice

PostSubject: Re: Your exposure to Pierre Kirby   Your exposure to Pierre Kirby EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 1:26 am

Like just about everyone else here, I discovered Pierre Kirby threw the Snob. I did know of Godfrey Ho before, having watched Undefeatable, and a few other movies of his.
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Your exposure to Pierre Kirby   Your exposure to Pierre Kirby EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 6:07 am

Undefeatable: Godfrey Ho's greatest hit.
Back to top Go down
A Cockatrice

A Cockatrice

PostSubject: Re: Your exposure to Pierre Kirby   Your exposure to Pierre Kirby EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 6:12 am

The Dude wrote:
Undefeatable: Godfrey Ho's greatest hit.

It truly is a gem amongst movies.
Back to top Go down
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: Your exposure to Pierre Kirby   Your exposure to Pierre Kirby EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 8:43 am

I tried to get a Pierre Kirby movie through Netflix, and they didn't seem to have any. Anybody know a good place to get a hold of them?
Back to top Go down
http://www.maninblack.tk
gregmcduck

gregmcduck

PostSubject: Re: Your exposure to Pierre Kirby   Your exposure to Pierre Kirby EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 3:37 pm

I actually bought the same DVD box set with Ninja Untouchables on it a couple of weeks before the Snob reviewed that film, though I didn't get around to watching NU until after the Snob reviewed it (I did watch Monkey with 72 Magic before the Snob's review tho)
Back to top Go down
The Original Greaser Bob

The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Your exposure to Pierre Kirby   Your exposure to Pierre Kirby EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 3:08 am

The Man in Black wrote:
I tried to get a Pierre Kirby movie through Netflix, and they didn't seem to have any. Anybody know a good place to get a hold of them?
There doesn't seem to be any catalogs with the complete collection for sale. Best bet is probably just to keep an eye open ebay. I've seen them pop up there from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Duckman

Duckman

PostSubject: Re: Your exposure to Pierre Kirby   Your exposure to Pierre Kirby EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 5:29 pm

Everything I know about PK can be seen in the Snob reviews. I'm yet to find his films here.
Back to top Go down
http://kingrow.webs.com
Smittmaestro

Smittmaestro

PostSubject: Re: Your exposure to Pierre Kirby   Your exposure to Pierre Kirby EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:21 am

When I saw the review of Thunder Of The Gigantic Serpent for Pierre Kirby Week.

As I watched I was like, "Wait I've seen this!"

20 or more years ago I think it was on USA Network, had the same reaction as Snob. Who was this Ted Fast guy and what does he have to do with that lil girl and her mutated pet snake?

I realized much later I got Godfrey Ho'd!!
Back to top Go down
LeMunson

LeMunson

PostSubject: Re: Your exposure to Pierre Kirby   Your exposure to Pierre Kirby EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 6:16 am

Saw Ninja Of The Magnificence recently, and it's actually really good, other than of course the annoying little girl in it.

Plan to check out the other movies he was in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your exposure to Pierre Kirby   Your exposure to Pierre Kirby Empty

Back to top Go down

Your exposure to Pierre Kirby
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next