Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

To Boldly Flee

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AVPGuyver21

PostSubject: To Boldly Flee    Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:29 am

So anyone enjoy part 1 of the 4th year TGWTG special so far? I really enjoy it and really looking forward how this movie will turn out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: To Boldly Flee    Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:48 am

When was it posted? Today?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: To Boldly Flee    Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:19 am

no actually it was i believe on thursday. brad i don't think has gotten around to post part 2. or a new snob video. and that's IF he's working on one this week. i dunno how busy he is to be fair. but hell have you read the comments about it?

about the special? i can't wait until part 2. the 1st part is 40 minutes long. it starts out a bit slow than picks up. and you know what i fucking love it! i haven't gotten around to watch all of them to be honest, but i did watch the last one as brad posted them here last year.

and i enjoyed that one but it was pretty stupid. though it wasn't terrible some parts were i thought, i did have fun watching it though. and the comments on here most of them have fucking been terrible about it. i dunno what people are expecting when Doug does this specials every year. but either their expectations are way to high when they see the teasers 1st than the trailers. but honestly i think this years is a LOT better than last years.
though i am curious what the budget was on this years? brad is funny as fuck in it.

please by all means Frank post here what you think of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AVPGuyver21

PostSubject: Re: To Boldly Flee    Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:51 am

Part two will be up on Sunday and there will be a new part for every three days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: To Boldly Flee    Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:24 am

NICE, i guess i was just spoiled from last year when he put one up every day. that's all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AVPGuyver21

PostSubject: Re: To Boldly Flee    Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:44 am

Part 2 is up.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/36340-to-boldly-flee-part-2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ermac

PostSubject: Re: To Boldly Flee    Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:44 am

Just watched both parts. They've definitely toned down the retardo jokes and children's humor. Part 2 was very entertaining and the last joke was perfect.

What's bugging me is the whole Spoony thing. He is one of the central pieces to the plot, he plays Turrl, he plays Dr.Insano, he plays himself and all of the sudden he gets fired/leaves Channel Awesome. If all of that turns out to be a ruse, it would be well played.

Good job so far. Much better than Kickassia and Suburban Knights.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AVPGuyver21

PostSubject: Re: To Boldly Flee    Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:57 am

Part 3 is up: http://blip.tv/nostalgiacritic/to-boldly-flee-part-3-6323842
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: To Boldly Flee    Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:20 am

i don't know the whole story on why he left just some of it. but it doesn't bother me that he's got such a big part in the film. he's actually a pretty good actor. and i do hope he's in next years special as well. even though he was fired/quit it.

i am not sure which, cause i don't really know the full details. yes i did hear about his tweet i think it was? and that was fucked up. but it just seems there's just shit we don't know about why he left or was fired that's all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AVPGuyver21

PostSubject: Re: To Boldly Flee    Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:02 am

I noticed a lot of people on the front page are hating this but other places seem to like. Even Something Awful seems to enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: To Boldly Flee    Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:21 am

well i'm having fun watching it, and it looks like a LOT better of a film than say that nasty ass film 'Gross' that Brad did for the site this week. i dunno how he sat through that one to be honest.

but as for to boldy flee i don't get all the hate on it? do you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
unimehe

PostSubject: Re: To Boldly Flee    Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:35 am

I'm personally enjoying every second. It's really giving me something to look forward to. This is also the first year I've been on hand for live releases. I'm definitely buying this when it gets to dvd.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: To Boldly Flee    Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:29 am

have the last ones been put out on dvd?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: To Boldly Flee    Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:31 am

oh sorry i forgot to add this, my 1st one i saw was last years. and last years also had the same type of people bitch about how bad it is. yet more people this year are saying prefer that one this year than last year. so you can't win either way
Back to top Go down
View user profile
unimehe

PostSubject: Re: To Boldly Flee    Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:41 am

wildhoney66 wrote:
have the last ones been put out on dvd?

Kickassia is out of stock at the awesome store, but suburban knights is available.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: To Boldly Flee    Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:50 am

oh really? i didn't even know any of them were on dvd, i mostly stay on brad's site here to be honest, but i have checked out doug's site a quite a few times. i don't mind him honestly. i haven't really seen that much of spoony's work to be honest. and other than a few crossoveers that brad has done.

i haven't seen most of the cast of to boldy flee's work. so i can't say gee this person or that person sucks ass.
but i do think some of them are better at acting than others. like film brain he's a terrible actor

i haven't seen his stuff but he can't act. that doesn't mean his show sucks though. cause i just haven't seen it.
so i'm just going by this years special and last years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zack

PostSubject: Re: To Boldly Flee    Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:06 pm

I'm going to have to play the bad cop on this one. There were a few parts that I genuinely liked, including Kyle's speech, the Snob glasses on Darth Vader's helmet, Angry Joe's box, the Hollywood coke party, and the interaction between Doug and Nostalgia Critic. But I was far from amused by the overuse of movie references. I like a good parody just like anybody else, but a lot of those scenes were downright plagiarism. Seriously, it's like they just copied portions of Star Wars scripts, pasted them into their script, and did a find/replace to turn Jedi to critic. When they spoofed a movie that I've seen, it wasn't exciting because I knew exactly what's going to happen. And when they spoofed a movie that I haven't seen, I just didn't get it at all. Did Kyle really need to wear Yoda ears and talk about rigorously training Luke in the swamp? We already know that he's playing the role of Luke's mentor, so what's the point in jamming it down our throats?

I guess it just wasn't made for me. I can see why people would eat it up if they follow all the featured contributors and know all the movies, so I'm not going to hold it against anyone for liking it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Boldly Flee    

Back to top Go down

To Boldly Flee
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1