HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Insane Clown Posse Sues FBI

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Subterfuge

PostSubject: Re: Insane Clown Posse Sues FBI   Tue May 07, 2013 7:15 am

Well, many of the issues you seem to have with digital format seem irrelevant to me. For example, what you said about lyrics, sleeves and the disc altogether can be easily resolved because buying music online from official sources enables you to dowload all of it: the sleeve, the lyrics, everything. And if you want a physical copy, just burn it!

But yeah, I'm a futurist and I don't mind the world turning into one big William Gibson novel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kraufen

PostSubject: Re: Insane Clown Posse Sues FBI   Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:00 am

I can't really stand ICP personally

On the subject of vinyls, I have a decent amount of them. When I can get them at shows I do, though its mostly punk or hardcore bands.
I even have a few local bands vinyls just because
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Insane Clown Posse Sues FBI   Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:47 am

it's not the same thing as owning it. kinda like i have pictures of my niece who's now 6 but i have  a shitload of them when she a baby and up to my guess 2 or 3 years old. on my pc. and when i print one of them out. it's not the same as taking it to say drug mart and having them developed.

i'm sorry i just don't think everything NEEDS to be fucking digital. much like video games though i don't mind downloading them every now and than to try them and see if i like them. i love buying the game in stores and having the actual game in my hands. but if i download anything it's mostly the demo's really.

to make an example.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kraufen

PostSubject: Re: Insane Clown Posse Sues FBI   Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:46 am

I much prefer owning things myself.
Don't get me wrong though I'm not above downloading things that are really hard to get, be it video games or music or movies. Just owning something feels so much better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Insane Clown Posse Sues FBI   Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:50 am

thank you so much for saying that, that's all i was trying to say. don't get me wrong i've downloaded many films. sometimes ones i was dying to see and wanted to see them before i bought them. some were not on any format. and i also download music. but if i like the album i buy it. or if i'm impatient like with the barnaked ladies new album.i downloaded that 1st. and i almost bought it recently but i choose some doctor who instead. the original series.

the other thought was there may be a special edition out there. and i was right on that. Target has that i was at best buys when i nearly bought it. so yes i do both, downloading and buying the actual product. sometimes it's cause i don't always get a chance to go out and buy it. so it's sometimes awhile before i am able to. but i do at some point buy it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Subterfuge

PostSubject: Re: Insane Clown Posse Sues FBI   Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:09 pm

To me that's being nostalgic because, objectively speaking, there's no difference to the media itself, except for the physical aspect of it. The new generation has no problem with media being digital and that's because they've been around it for as long as they've been alive. Us, on the other hand, have been raised with VHS tapes, vinyls, cds etc, so there simply is a part of us that has a hard time letting go of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Insane Clown Posse Sues FBI   Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:23 am

that's because a LOT of the youth today are spoiled fucking rotten and they weren't around when it wasn't like that. everyone well damn near everyone has to have everything digitalized. it's retarded.what if and i think it was on either what the fuck, radiodrome or lost in the static awhile back. where i think Josh made a good point on what if we had a big fucking power failure.

an example would be about 10 years ago we did have one of those. i dunno how far it was at all but here in ohio it took our power off. something i think blew and they had to fix it or something. so we were stuck without power for a majortity of the day. we got it back after a few hrs. but others were fucked and NOT In a good way for at least a couple of days. depending on the area that you lived in.

my point is if something like that happens again and instead of taking out just the power it takes everything else out. we are fucked. cause all that information will be lost. but owning the cd or the blu-ray or game. your medium is safe. having everything on computer isn't always a good idea cause you never know, if a hacker that is good enough wants to destory it he or she will do just that.

anything can be hacked into these days. that's NOT a good thing.  we rely on electricity for example so much that when it goes out you ever notice how edgy you get when it does go out? you go fucking mad. i know i do. especially on a hot muggy day where my fans aren't on if the power goes out.  or in the wintertime when the house gets far too cold.

i'm not against having both digital and the medium itself. but i prefer owning something. and printing it out on a printer is NOT the same fucking thing as owning it. i downloaded the original doctor who

for example and though i did that with the whole show i also am buying it on dvd. and you can tell the difference easily cause those uploads were taken off the VHS's and while some were taken from the dvd's. you can tell the difference. and in short i wanted to own the series, original on dvd. so i'm buying it. having both i don't mind. it's just if they make everything digital. it's not how we should rely on stuff. look at all the sci-fi books and films saying in short HOW that isn't a good thing either.

if you watch the film surrogate which is not that great of a film. it does have a good point where everyone is jacked into a computer and that's how they live. that's not how i want to live if that's the future. in short. sorry for the rant. but this is how i am. like books i prefer owning them and there is nothing like holding a book in my hands. it is NOT the same thing if you download a book. i'm never going to buy an ipad or download a book cause it's not my type of thing. as long as they keep making books itself i'll keep buying them. and cd's. dvd's blu-ray. like it should stay. you should be given a choice on what you prefer. look

at the new x-box on how that reaction they got from fans who you were unable to buy used games or to lend them to friends. they listened and i am surprised on that. and they went back and fixed that to please there fans. though i dunno if that's too late or not my point is i'm at least not alone in this. no matter how old you are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Subterfuge

PostSubject: Re: Insane Clown Posse Sues FBI   Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:51 am

I get your point and I understand it, but to me, it's pure nostalgia and nothing else. You're not being objective about it. You say going digital is retarded while it's the opposite, obviously: the digitalization of media is evolution of the media! 

Are you using examples from movies to get your point across? Those are fictional, you can't expect me to take these examples seriously.

As for your point about kids today being spoiled, well, it also kind of crumbles when you go on saying: ''  we rely on electricity for example so much that when it goes out you ever notice how edgy you get when it does go out? you go fucking mad. i know i do. especially on a hot muggy day where my fans aren't on if the power goes out.  or in the wintertime when the house gets far too cold.  ''

Actually I don't. And remember, I'm the one that's pro-digital! When the power goes out I go out for a jog, I do some push-ups, or have sex. No problems at all!

We are all spoiled here and we have been since at least the 1950s. You can't blame youngsters for how the technology evolved plus, if there's a major power failure, you won't be able to use your precious analog media anyway, so what's the point? With analog media you need the gear to be able to enjoy it, so your point is void. What's the point of owning analog media if you can't use it? Seems pretty similar to losing access to digital media for any reason whatsoever.

Look, I'm not saying we should burn all analog media and stop producing it, what I'm saying is that people who look at digital media negatively are letting nostalgia get the better of them. There's a reason why media technology took a digital turn and that's because it's simply more convient in so many ways. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kraufen

PostSubject: Re: Insane Clown Posse Sues FBI   Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:51 am

Well I have nothing wrong with online media. I just like to collect things. I guess it could be attributed to nostalgia but its more to me like a kid who collects stones. I guess I could "collect files" or whatever, and to an extent I do as I have over 50 different anime series to watch on the portable HD, but I can't really put it up on display or anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Insane Clown Posse Sues FBI   

Back to top Go down

Insane Clown Posse Sues FBI
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2