Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:05 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Black Swan, for the third time, in theatres. To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing it again. I love that movie.
Good movie, but not truly great, in my opinion.

It's not perfect, but it's got incredible cinematography and direction that also happens to be the style I love. It also benefits greatly from being rewatched, in a good way.
The cinematography kind of bugged me. Like I mentioned in the Oscar thread, Black Swan pulls off some pretty stunning camera work. When it feels like it. It seems when the characters aren't either dancing or in the midst of a hallucination, little thought was put into the camera work, and it just looks sloppy at some points.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:20 am

The Dude wrote:
The cinematography kind of bugged me. Like I mentioned in the Oscar thread, Black Swan pulls off some pretty stunning camera work. When it feels like it. It seems when the characters aren't either dancing or in the midst of a hallucination, little thought was put into the camera work, and it just looks sloppy at some points.

Those scenes benefit from having a lack of style though, since imo it helps the film feel somewhat uneasy and almost volatile, reflecting Nina's mental state.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonythe chosen

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:28 am

I recently saw Tokyo Gore Police and Takashi MiikesGozu. both enertaing and bizare films
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:42 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
The Dude wrote:

Those scenes benefit from having a lack of style though, since imo it helps the film feel somewhat uneasy and almost volatile, reflecting Nina's mental state.
I don't feel that, because they started doing that at the beginning of the movie, before she started to collapse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:28 am

The Dude wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
The Dude wrote:

I don't feel that, because they started doing that at the beginning of the movie, before she started to collapse.

Here's another theory: The perfect and imperfect cinematography reflected the dancing styles of the white swan and the black swan?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:30 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
The Dude wrote:

Here's another theory: The perfect and imperfect cinematography reflected the dancing styles of the white swan and the black swan?
That seems like one Hell of a stretch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:32 am

Watched "The Haunted World of El Superbeasto" yesterday. Absolutely brilliant animated movie!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:32 am

The Dude wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
The Dude wrote:

Remember, we're talking about a movie where
Spoiler:

And either way, it's a matter of opinion whether or not the cinematography was good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:03 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
The Dude wrote:

Spoiler:

Don't even get me started on how fucking stupid that was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:09 am

The Dude wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
The Dude wrote:

Spoiler:

It is pretty stupid, but I enjoyed the movie too much to let something like that hurt/ruin it, especially that late in the film.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:14 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
The Dude wrote:

Spoiler:

It is pretty stupid, but I enjoyed the movie too much to let something like that hurt/ruin it, especially that late in the film.
It actually wouldn't have bothered me as much as it does had the rest of the film not been as good as it was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:33 am

The Dude wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
The Dude wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
The Dude wrote:

Spoiler:

It actually wouldn't have bothered me as much as it does had the rest of the film not been as good as it was.

The only scene I didn't like was when Nina's mother bought her a cake and was outraged when Nina refused. That was a little.... dumb and extreme.
Oh, and the restaurant scene when Lily orders a cheeseburger. What is that thing she gets? It's definitely not a cheeseburger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:41 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:

The only scene I didn't like was when Nina's mother bought her a cake and was outraged when Nina refused. That was a little.... dumb and extreme.
Oh, and the restaurant scene when Lily orders a cheeseburger. What is that thing she gets? It's definitely not a cheeseburger.
I could nitpick this movie to pieces, but I prefer not too. The one thing about that legitimately annoyed me was the ending, as discussed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PCDOS

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:45 am

last movie i watched: Evil Dead II

that movie is awesome, i love it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A Cockatrice

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:53 am

Just re-watched Full Metal Jacket for the first time since I saw it which was a long time ago, was a lot better then I remember.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:42 am

I watched Blade Runner, technically I guess for the first time (I watched it when I was young, but I didn't understand or really appreciate it). It was the Final Cut. Loved it, of course.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bassbait

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:28 am

The most recent film I watched was The Shining. Come on! That movie's a classic. I really sympathize with Jack Torrance in that film. I hope that doesn't say anything about my personality...

Nah, but I've seen that film tons of times.

The most recent film I've seen that was NEW was True Grit. Good film. That's it. Good film.

My friend recently watched "Antichrist", and he was the only person I've met who responded with "it was funny".

I actually think the film is funny too. People get all grossed out by films like Antichrist and A Serbian Film, my good friend ends up thinking those kinds of films are funny. I'm the same way. The Shining, for example, is a comedy to me! I love that film. Kubrick's the best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:15 am

It's been way too long since I've sat down to watch a movie. I need to see what the Tampa Theater's showing this month...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
relauby

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:41 am

Just got back from a showing of Barney's Version. It was pretty good, but the ending bugged me. It felt tacked on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Son Of Jack Deth

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:47 am

The Thin Man-1934

Fantastic classic film based on the book by Dashiell Hammett. If you love snappy lines and detective stories, check this one out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:07 am

The Room, for the eleventh time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:04 am

Watched Psycho today, realized for the first time that Halloween makes a nod to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:35 am

Finished watching "Monkey Shines", an underrated (though veeeeery long) George Romero movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
relauby

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:19 pm

Tommy Wiseau wrote:

Is that an accurate count? Have you actually seen The Room eleven times, or did you just throw a random number out there?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy Wiseau

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:37 pm

Relauby wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:

Is that an accurate count? Have you actually seen The Room eleven times, or did you just throw a random number out there?

Accurate count.

Frank Rizzo wrote:
Finished watching "Monkey Shines", an underrated (though veeeeery long) George Romero movie

1 hour 53 minutes isn't very long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched?   

Back to top Go down

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 41Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next