The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What are you listening to?

Go down 
+60
wildhoney66
ChaosTheory
Otaku4Life
Inquisitor
Kristen D
fubar_in_pittsburgh
AstaKask
Necromangler
CowboyCrocket
80'sDavid
JetJunkie
EccentricSnob
aga
EvilSpirit
theGerman
kraufen
Weezy-LUiGi
Subterfuge
Longinus
Fresh Metallic
barrylikesbnbns
Vendaval FJ
OriginalHorndog
Son Of Jack Deth
lady_ash2112
obin_gam
Duckman
CGC002
A Cockatrice
Bassbait
tonythe chosen
Frank Rizzo
The Mighty Skub
Tommy Wiseau
KingLDub
bloodypitofhorror
ScrotumusMaximus
Mondo a Go-Go
Angie Matera
Nephilim
Abbath Doom Occulta
Loxx O)))
yakityyakblah
TheCinemaCynic
Eckertmania
Slait
Lady stardust
JustinDP
Deadpool
UnholyMephistopheles
Mother of Invention
Kaneda
LeperMessiah117
anothercafejava
JennyWoreBlack
ozzyrulz777
LucasChad
thegormer
The Original Greaser Bob
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

What are you listening to? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 8 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:53 pm

Angie Matera wrote:
Yeah ive know them for about a year now. just needed them on vinyl lol. My favorite album by them is definatly there first.

agreed.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 12:05 am

Some great neofolk.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:17 am

what the fuck? the last episode for (2012)
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 8 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 11:31 pm

Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 8 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 7:45 am

[quote="Otaku4Life"][/quote

lmao my biggest guilty pleasure song ever
Back to top Go down
Razzly

Razzly

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 8 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 12:06 pm

Heh heh hehehe.

Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 8 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 12:14 pm

Celebrity Sex Scandal wrote:
Heh heh hehehe.

oh wow flash back i haven't heard these guys since highschool!!!. heres mine one of my all time favorite doom metal bands.
Back to top Go down
Razzly

Razzly

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 12:16 am

<3 Polkadot Cadaver. I like that Katatonia song too. Nice.

Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 2:38 am

some black metal from la france.
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 2:01 am

Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 3:03 am

Otaku4Life wrote:

i have this album on cd havent heard it in forever.

something softer then what im known to post lmao.
Back to top Go down
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 3:21 am

I'm going to a KMFDM concert in New York City next week.
Their song "Ultra" played in "Street Fighter II: The Movie" with Chun-Li & Vega.

Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 9:04 am

Eric Clapton's NEW album "Old Sock' just came out yesterday! and it's pretty good so far
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 9:35 am

Otaku4Life wrote:
I'm going to a KMFDM concert in New York City next week.
Their song "Ultra" played in "Street Fighter II: The Movie" with Chun-Li & Vega.

oh wow im jealous. i dont think there even coming around here.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 10:33 am

who is that? i've actually never heard of them before. but than there's a LOT Of music i've never heard of to be fair.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 9:02 am

wildhoney66 wrote:
who is that? i've actually never heard of them before. but than there's a LOT Of music i've never heard of to be fair.

Kmfdm is an indsutrial metal band one of the first ones. theve went through many sstyle changes and lineupchanges and each time still kicked ass.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 9:52 am

oh ok. for me i like some heavy metal but death metal is NOT music at all. i can't fucking stand it. but music wise my favorite is Classic Rock, Rock, Hard Rock you get the picture. my tastes in music vary but that's where my love is mainly.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:58 am

i have a wierd varied taste in music. My favorites are goth and industrial oriented music as well as black metal. i also enjoy Classic rock,Indie music,Ambient,Folk/Neofolk,World,Electronic,some punk,Metal,some death metal(mainly the more melodic stuff),Funk,Old blues,shoegaze,and reegae/Dub(not dubstep).
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 11:14 am

and now time for a classic song from a band that used to be my favorite.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 11:59 am

my tastes also are all over the place as i've gotten older. i'm a HUGE movie fan much like a LOT of you here. i call myself a film geek actually. one has to have a sense of humor about himself ya know? anyways i horror and mystery the most but i do love a good silent movie as well.

yes i realize this isn't a movie thread but give me a minute. i love films from the 30's and 40's as well. and some the music from that era i also love. i have been creating off & On since Octobor (2011) or so an anthology i call it of sorts of music i love. and i no doubt have put this somewhere on here? anyways in my 3rd version of it i started with (1930-1978)

which is where i am so far. and i put in those early years "Louis Armstrong, Cab Calloway' Judy Garland' "Frank Sinatra. Bing Crosby. Mickey Rooney people like that, that i love. i also love Folk Rock as well. i just love "Simon & Garfunkel'

for example. "David Bowie' i bought his new album the other day. and even if you don't like his music just look up his various styles of music that he's done and hell he's all over the place as well. i also love some rap. like ICP for example
"Eminem, old school rap before your time. "The fat boys, Queen Latifah's music i dunno her newer music but her early shit is great. Too Short. in short he he a Pun i guess

in short i love some rap. mostly older rappers i guess. like "Digital Underground' is great as well. and Horror Rap as ICP uses i also love. A Little bit of country as well. only certain artists like Hank Jr. is my favorite for example.

his older shit he did going back to the 60's. and his later stuff as well he did as recent as last year.
Jazz i also love, some Easy listening. some New Wave. Punk. like Green Day, Ramones i just love

a little bit of Alternative Music. a little bit of Ska like "No Doubt's early shit i love. cause i am a big fan of theirs.
Techno i fucking HATE though to me that's NOT music either.

a little bit of Disco as well, i do hate disco but i do gotta admit some of it i do like. oh and "Progressive Rock" is great too i dunno if you like the band "Genesis' but that's what they started out as in the 70's and it's great stuff.

R&B as well. i dunno what else i'm missing to be honest. but hell there's more different styles music than there was even going back 5 or even 10 years of music! so when people ask me what kind of music i like, i just say oh all over the place.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 8 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:27 am

wildhoney66 wrote:
my tastes also are all over the place as i've gotten older. i'm a HUGE movie fan much like a LOT of you here. i call myself a film geek actually. one has to have a sense of humor about himself ya know? anyways i horror and mystery the most but i do love a good silent movie as well.

yes i realize this isn't a movie thread but give me a minute. i love films from the 30's and 40's as well. and some the music from that era i also love. i have been creating off & On since Octobor (2011) or so an anthology i call it of sorts of music i love. and i no doubt have put this somewhere on here? anyways in my 3rd version of it i started with (1930-1978)

which is where i am so far. and i put in those early years "Louis Armstrong, Cab Calloway' Judy Garland' "Frank Sinatra. Bing Crosby. Mickey Rooney people like that, that i love. i also love Folk Rock as well. i just love "Simon & Garfunkel'

for example. "David Bowie' i bought his new album the other day. and even if you don't like his music just look up his various styles of music that he's done and hell he's all over the place as well. i also love some rap. like ICP for example
"Eminem, old school rap before your time. "The fat boys, Queen Latifah's music i dunno her newer music but her early shit is great. Too Short. in short he he a Pun i guess

in short i love some rap. mostly older rappers i guess. like "Digital Underground' is great as well. and Horror Rap as ICP uses i also love. A Little bit of country as well. only certain artists like Hank Jr. is my favorite for example.

his older shit he did going back to the 60's. and his later stuff as well he did as recent as last year.
Jazz i also love, some Easy listening. some New Wave. Punk. like Green Day, Ramones i just love

a little bit of Alternative Music. a little bit of Ska like "No Doubt's early shit i love. cause i am a big fan of theirs.
Techno i fucking HATE though to me that's NOT music either.

a little bit of Disco as well, i do hate disco but i do gotta admit some of it i do like. oh and "Progressive Rock" is great too i dunno if you like the band "Genesis' but that's what they started out as in the 70's and it's great stuff.

R&B as well. i dunno what else i'm missing to be honest. but hell there's more different styles music than there was even going back 5 or even 10 years of music! so when people ask me what kind of music i like, i just say oh all over the place.
David Bowie is one of my favorite artists ever. I love alot of what hes done(not crazy about his 80s stuff). my roomates favorite artist ever is him shes bought the new album i havent heard it yet but she says its simliar to his berlin trilogy
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 8 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:48 am

well i love his 80's stuff, well some of it anyways. and yes some of it is bad. but some of is great. some people say his new album is like his new album and honestly i don't care for his berlin stuff. some of it is good don't get me wrong. but i hate instrumental music. yes there is some songs i love that is instrumental but most if i don't like. and "Heroes' and "Low' are mostly instrumental albums and that just isn't my thing ya know?

here's my take on each album and you can agree or disagree it's a long read so be aware.
1. David Bowie, (1967) great album but i think for most people it's a love it or hate it album. took me awhile to love it.
or even enjoy it.

2. Space oddity (1969) great album.
3. "The man who sold the world' (1970) my favorite bowie album out of all of them
4. Hunky Dory (1971) great album. better than Ziggy i think but to each their own.
5. Ziggy Stardust (1972) another great album.
6. Aladdin Sane' (1973) great album.
7. Pin ups (1973) covers album weak album i think. but to each their own.
8. Diamond Dogs (1974) great album.
9. David Live (1974) great album
10. Young Americans (1975) weak album.
11. Station To Station (1976) another favorite of the weakest song on the album is the same song as the title of the album

12. "Low' (1977) terrible. has a couple good tracks but that's about it.
13. Heroes (1977) a bit better but still weak. these 2 have to many instrumental tracks for my taste.
14. Stage (1978) i don't like this live album very well enough to comment on.
15. Lodger (1979) i haven't heard it in awhile so i can't remember what i thought of it.
16. Scary Monsters. (1980) a decent album but has some weak tracks.
17. let's dance' (1983) it's a favorite of mine actually.
18. tonight (1984) i enjoy that one too actually.
19. Never Let me Down (1987) i also enjoy this one too. these 80's albums aren't his best but i like them.
his "Tin Machine " shit is terrible. i like that he went with heavy metal don't get me wrong but it's terrible.

20. Black Tie White noise (1993) i actually haven't heard this one yet so no comment.
21. The budda of surburba (1993) never heard this one either.

22. "Outside' (1995) i haven't made my mind up on this one cause i haven't heard it in awhile. some good tracks at least. to be fair.

23. Earthling' (1997) terrible album but there's a couple tracks i do love from it.
24. Hours' (1999) i just love that album.
25. Heathen' (2002) another favorite of mine.
26. Reality (2003) great album came out on my 25th b-day as well!
27. the Next day (2013) great album too. to early to be a favorite though.

i know i left out some live albums such as the one that came out 3 years ago. plus the Vh1 storytellers album that he put out.

those i haven't heard yet. so no rating. in short i enjoy most of his albums but not all of them how about you?
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 8 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:53 am

The Man who sold the world is my favorite Bowie song . not sure what my favorite album of his is as there kinda hard to compare to each other. i agree that the first one is underated to. I havent really heard the stuff he did in the 90s but i have heard heathen and thought it was decent
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 8 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 10:07 am

with "heathen' that's an album to be honest that i thought was shit at first. and it took me awhile to like it. but it kinda just grew on me and i now love it oddly enough. there's a song on the album "Hours' i just LOVE called "Seven'

look that one up on you tube you'll love it. or least i hope you do. it was a single so the video may be on there. have you heard the album 'The man who sold the world' before? with some groups and singers it's very easy for me to know which album is my favorite and with others it is a tough call. for example

i've heard all the "Rolling Stones' albums that i at first downloaded and i'm slowly buying them their best era in my personal opinion is (1968-1972) and my favorite Stones album is 'Beggers Banquet' which came out in (1968)
it's also "Brian Jones' last album he appeared on. yes he was on (1969)'s album "Let it Bleed' but only on a couple songs before he was i believe fired.

for say my favorite band of all time "The beach Boys' their era that i love the most is (1966-1973) those albums weren't huge hits by any means some did better than others but they are all great albums and they of course have songs that i don't like depending on the album. but they were at their creative peak i think writing wise cause their style by than had changed so much from their early stuff in the early 60's. Oh i forgot about

"Labryinth' the (1986) soundtrack that bowie did i love the film though i never understood why they wanted to put that outfit on him ? in a kids movie none the less. he he. but i love the music in it.
Back to top Go down
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 8 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 10:44 am

wildhoney66 wrote:
with "heathen' that's an album to be honest that i thought was shit at first. and it took me awhile to like it. but it kinda just grew on me and i now love it oddly enough. there's a song on the album "Hours' i just LOVE called "Seven'

look that one up on you tube you'll love it. or least i hope you do. it was a single so the video may be on there. have you heard the album 'The man who sold the world' before? with some groups and singers it's very easy for me to know which album is my favorite and with others it is a tough call. for example

i've heard all the "Rolling Stones' albums that i at first downloaded and i'm slowly buying them their best era in my personal opinion is (1968-1972) and my favorite Stones album is 'Beggers Banquet' which came out in (1968)
it's also "Brian Jones' last album he appeared on. yes he was on (1969)'s album "Let it Bleed' but only on a couple songs before he was i believe fired.

for say my favorite band of all time "The beach Boys' their era that i love the most is (1966-1973) those albums weren't huge hits by any means some did better than others but they are all great albums and they of course have songs that i don't like depending on the album. but they were at their creative peak i think writing wise cause their style by than had changed so much from their early stuff in the early 60's. Oh i forgot about

"Labryinth' the (1986) soundtrack that bowie did i love the film though i never understood why they wanted to put that outfit on him ? in a kids movie none the less. he he. but i love the music in it.
Yeah i have heard the whole album. most artist i am able to tell what there best albums just with Bowie its hard cause his stuff is so different that its like comparing different artists. I agree with that era being the best stones era.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to?   What are you listening to? - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to?
Page 8 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 31  Next