Share | 

Anyone Else With Me?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Else With Me?   Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:16 am

Slait wrote:
Whenever I watch anyone through a camera, I always assume it's a persona. No one wants to look like an idiot in front of a camera, so they invent more entertaining versions of themselves that they think viewers will like. Be it reporters, comedians, reviewers, actors, or hosts. Morgan Webb for instance, We already know she hates the people she entertains. That fake smile and attitude is part of her persona. Or Tommy Wiseau, who I hear fell so far into his persona that he couldn't climb back out.

Jack Nicholson claims he suffered a kind of identity crisis when he played the joker in the beloved Batman movie. I can go on with this. You can even see this from Youtube posters, even the ones who only post one vid and never do it again. Until proven or told otherwise by the person beyond the camera lense, it's good to assume whatever they say isn't really how they feel. =P

As far as Brad goes, I was working myself one at a time through TGWTG rosters, and when I saw Brad's crossover with the critic, my original thoughts were "Oh gawd, I don't think I could listen to that long throat noise more than once in a while. I hope that's not a frequent joke...". So I actually was a little reluctant to watch more. But when I did, I found myself really enjoying his stuff.
Well, there are the legions of video bloggers loose on youtube at any given time. They don't play personae, and they are jackasses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slait

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Else With Me?   Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:26 am

Oh, I know. Not everyone is under a persona, but you can tell when they aren't by the way they act, speak, and the things they say in the vid. But before the video even starts, I still assume it's a persona until the video proves that wrong. I'm quirky that way.

Then again, It's rare for me to watch bloggers or video responses mostly for the reasons you just stated. =P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Original Greaser Bob

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Else With Me?   Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:01 pm

Slait wrote:
Oh, I know. Not everyone is under a persona, but you can tell when they aren't by the way they act, speak, and the things they say in the vid. But before the video even starts, I still assume it's a persona until the video proves that wrong. I'm quirky that way.

Then again, It's rare for me to watch bloggers or video responses mostly for the reasons you just stated. =P
I'll occasionally watch one for the lulz, like see some girl talk about of she's terrified of the musician Merzbow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mondo a Go-Go

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Else With Me?   Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:21 pm

When I first found the Snob, I knew he was a character but I didn't really acknowledge it, kind of like the Nostalgia Critic. I had to actually read an explanation of the character's history to "get" it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Griff Morivan

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Else With Me?   Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:41 am

I stumbled across Brad a couple times back on YouTube prior to Nail Gun Massacre. I forget exactly which video it was that I got hooked on, but it was before NGM, at which time I followed him closely. I missed the announcement that he lost his account, and then one day, went to TSE, and LO AND BEHOLD. The Snob on Spoony.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.Morivanism.wordpress.com
oneyedjohn

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Else With Me?   Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:37 pm

Yea, I thought The Snob was his real persona until i read the his thoughts on Salo. pale

As for his first for his first video, My brother just introduced me to the gateway drug that is TGWTG. Saw is Crossover with Phelous and thought it was funny. so I went to his video page and the rest is history.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr_North

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Else With Me?   Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:22 pm

The first time I watched a Snob video would have to be when Spoony started hosting the videos on his site. I think I watched the Jaws 5 review and thinking "Wow, this lighting sucks" and "hey, this guy is hilarious!".

I continued watching now and then till Kickassia came out and was incredibly impressed by Brad's acting. So I went to his site and spend a few ninghts going through his reviews in order till I was caught up. Really interesting to see how a reviewer evolves over time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GasmaskAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Else With Me?   Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:23 am

yeah, I discovered the Snob via Spoony hosting his vids for a short time and like others, I didn't get the stealth parody aspects of it until I started to really get into the videos

so yeah
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Else With Me?   

Back to top Go down

Anyone Else With Me?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cinema Snob :: The Cinema Snob-
Jump to: