The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Doctor Who

Go down 
+3
wildhoney66
Jeevesie
Frank Rizzo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

Doctor Who Empty
PostSubject: Doctor Who   Doctor Who EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:32 am

Any fans of the Doc, Tardis, etc? Old series or new?
Back to top Go down
Jeevesie

Jeevesie

Doctor Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:06 am

Indeed! I was brought into the new series by my folks, who watched it back in the Tom Baker/Peter Davison era. Smile Big fan of the series in almost all its incarnations, though admittedly I do have a soft spot for 11, rather than 10.
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

Doctor Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:10 am

I'm a big time old school Who nerd, the new stuff not so much for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Jeevesie

Jeevesie

Doctor Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:57 am

Don't get me wrong, I love the old stuff too! Pertwee and Troughton are right up there with Smith in my book. I'm just saying as far as New Who goes, I'm not much for Tennant (though Blink and Midnight are two epic episodes with him, but that's just me.)
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

Doctor Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 1:41 pm

oh HELL YEAH! i love this show. i love the original as well as the current show. i have since downloaded the entire show of the orirginal show. but i have bought the originals as well. so that way i can watch any serial that i don't have on dvd.

well original that is
Back to top Go down
Skibz

Skibz

Doctor Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 4:28 pm

Classic series only for me. I just can't get into the new series: not the characters, not the tone/atmosphere, not the stories...it just doesn't feel the same as classic series.

Provided, I liked Eccleston's season, but the show lost me after Tennant. I'll admit he's an excellent Doctor but he was wasted on too many awful, awful storylines courtesy of Russell T. Davies. The writing's gotten much better under Moffat, but it still doesn't click with me. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theskibz
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

Doctor Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 3:50 am

well that's fine. i'm one of those people who don't mind that they changed it. really cause audiences are different now. so it makes sense they change it to fit that. & to get new fans for the show. as well as keep the old ones too i'm sure. i love both shows pretty much at the same level.

so i don't think the current show as i call it, since its' NOT NEW anymore. i mean for christs sake it's been on the air in the UK since fucking (2005) & we've had it for 6 fucking years! how can it still be new? season 7 is going to start in a couple of months how can a show that has now nearly 100 episodes still be considered NEW?

it just pisses me off when people call it that, that's all. anyways, my point in talking about both shows is this, sometimes i am in the mood to watch a certain doctor no matter which show it's from. i could be one day in the mood for a "Tennant" season or i'll be in the mood or a "Baker' or "Hartnell" serial or the current "Doctor" who i think is doing a LOT better than i thought he would. even IF he's far too young for the role.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

Doctor Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 7:50 am

i've been watching some Classic Who as of late. i have one serial of the 14th season left and that's the season iv'e been watching as of late. it's a damn good season too!
Back to top Go down
Toyland Chairman

Toyland Chairman

Doctor Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who EmptyThu May 23, 2013 5:42 am

John Hurt appeared playing the Doctor's former self. I'm not sure. Is this a new or old episode?

Rifftrax will also be releasing a commentary for the movie DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS tomorrow. The one with Peter Cushing in the role.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/
Angie Matera

Angie Matera

Doctor Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who EmptyThu May 23, 2013 8:03 am

i enjoy what ive seen of Dr.Who. Ive seen a few of the old serials,The two movies as well as the first season of the 2000s tv show. My roomate on the other hand is OBSESSED.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/angelina.matera
Otaku4Life

Otaku4Life

Doctor Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who EmptyThu May 23, 2013 10:16 am

I sometime catch some episodes on the BBC channel.
I would like to watch the original series, but the DVDs at F.Y.E. cost around $30 each.
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

Doctor Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who EmptyFri May 24, 2013 3:31 am

FYE is always expensive. no matter what the fuck you buy. check the show out online and try amazon. it really depends on what serial you want to buy. and you can always get them used if you'd like as well.

as for John Hurt. he's never been a doctor and this is the 1st time. so we don't really konw where he even fits in.

my guess is after the 8th Doctor was killed during the time war he regnerated into the 9th doctor played by John Hurt. and won the time war as him. than at some point he was killed and we got Christopher E. so Matt Smith would be the 12th doctor NOT the 11th as we 1st thought? this is all just a guess of course.

i love the current show as i call it. the show let' face it has had over 100 episodes now how the fuck can it still be called the new show? it drive me nuts that people still call it that. ok i get why they call the original show the classic series. that's fine. but when the current one ends. and the BBC does another doctor who show which they no doubt will.

what will the current one be called than? the classic show?

now when you have say a show like "The Twilight Zone' that's an easy way to do it. the original is of course the original. and than there's the 80's one and than the (2002) version. all good shows in their own right. but NOT as good as the original.

anyways sorry i just had to rant here folks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Doctor Who Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who   Doctor Who Empty

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cinema Snob :: Other Stuff :: The Groove Tube-
Jump to: