The Cinema Snob
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pierre Kirby Approved.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cancelled Sitcoms-What is this?

Go down 
+2
lars
Santa Dog II
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Santa Dog II

Santa Dog II

Cancelled Sitcoms-What is this? Empty
PostSubject: Cancelled Sitcoms-What is this?   Cancelled Sitcoms-What is this? EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 7:51 am

Ran into this when I was looking at Brad's IMDB page. The description:

Quote :
A sitcom writer is hired to pen a pilot for an upcoming television show about doctors. He secludes himself in a Chicago apartment and comes down with a serious case of writers' block. In one night, he and a guest begin to sort through ideas, not to mention colorful conversations about the likes of sitcoms, food, solitaire, and cigarettes.

Sounds entertaining. Anyone have any idea what it is?
Back to top Go down
lars

PostSubject: Re: Cancelled Sitcoms-What is this?   Cancelled Sitcoms-What is this? EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:45 am

its apparently a film he made in college from what i understand.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cancelled Sitcoms-What is this?   Cancelled Sitcoms-What is this? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 2:43 am

It's a really bad short film I did when I took a video editing class at the Art Institute of Chicago. Dave plays a television writer who coops himself in a room (loft) to write a pilot for a tv series about doctors. I come in as a guest to help him come up with a lot of ideas, and what follows is a lot of extremely pretentious dialogue and weird camera angles. It wasn't a good movie. At the end it turns out that I'm not real, I'm just Dave's subconscious in human form. The thing was about 20-30 minutes long, and it no longer exists because it was stolen back when all my dvd's were stolen. At one point it showed in ifilm.com, which is why it's on imdb.
Back to top Go down
https://thecinemasnob.forumotion.com
Santa Dog II

Santa Dog II

PostSubject: Re: Cancelled Sitcoms-What is this?   Cancelled Sitcoms-What is this? EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 8:54 pm

Alright, thanks. =)
Back to top Go down
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Cancelled Sitcoms-What is this?   Cancelled Sitcoms-What is this? EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 9:45 pm

From your description, it sounds like it was a very interesting short film.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cancelled Sitcoms-What is this?   Cancelled Sitcoms-What is this? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 2:35 am

Frank Rizzo wrote:
From your description, it sounds like it was a very interesting short film.

It's not =)
Back to top Go down
https://thecinemasnob.forumotion.com
Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo

PostSubject: Re: Cancelled Sitcoms-What is this?   Cancelled Sitcoms-What is this? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 6:54 am

Ohh pishaw, I'm sure you're just beating yourself up...
Back to top Go down
wildhoney66

wildhoney66

PostSubject: Re: Cancelled Sitcoms-What is this?   Cancelled Sitcoms-What is this? EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 3:13 am

damn it got stolen i was curious to see it, even if it a piece of shit. i would have loved to see you snob that one.
Back to top Go down
thatguyontheright1

PostSubject: Re: Cancelled Sitcoms-What is this?   Cancelled Sitcoms-What is this? EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 9:13 am

Sounds a lot like "The Telephone"; uninteresting with a out of left field twist for an ending.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cancelled Sitcoms-What is this?   Cancelled Sitcoms-What is this? Empty

Back to top Go down

Cancelled Sitcoms-What is this?
Page 1 of 1